Fx +1
    Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
    www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• Bstnsportsfan
      Bstnsportsfan commented
      Editing a comment
      I was wondering that too. I hear yamahas are a year out, is that true?

• Parker Yacht
      Parker Yacht commented
      Editing a comment
      Engines under a 100hp are coming in, provided you ordered them before 8/31/2021.
      ANYTHING NOT ordered BEFORE 8/31/2021 you will NOT see until Maybe Oct 2022.
      IF they were ordered before 8/31/2021 you might see engines over 100hp 2nd/3rd Qtr 2022

• Bstnsportsfan
      Bstnsportsfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Holy smokes!!! That is a huge delay. Suzuki 115 is about 3-6 months (according to outboard specialties). I was hoping to strongly consider Yamaha 115s (regular or the sho) but that wait might be too much.

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post

DF115's or F115's?
    mercs

Comment

Get the Mercazuk, they are all good!

Being the frugal one that I am, I'd keep the corrosion down as much as possible and save cash for next purchase.

My understanding is the 140 has known corrosion issues that can be kept in check with attention to care.
      Other than that the mechanical design is πŸš… in my opinion.
      Best of luck!!!

BWP

Comment

Just thinking here,
        if I lost a motor due to corrosion that brand would be off of my shopping list.

Comment

My old 115 Mercury had salt buildup, caked in midsection after dropping lower unit, no corrosion anywhere, it was a '96 and it made me appreciate Mercury's so much that I replaced it with another One!

Life is she, buy what you want, you're paying for it!

Still love my new one, have 79 hours, still impressed Everytime it starts, I'm anal about keeping fully charged batteries!

Maintain and stay boating.

BWP

Comment

• Bstnsportsfan
            Bstnsportsfan commented
            Editing a comment
            Who did you go through to buy/install your Mercury?

• bluewaterposer
            bluewaterposer commented
            Editing a comment
            Got it from Two Rivers Marine, Stuart.
            Due to mine being a 2017 never registered I got an exceptional deal.

I recommend any dealer of any brand due to such a short supply.
            Good luck Brother.

Originally posted by bluewaterposer View Post
          My old 115 Mercury had salt buildup, caked in midsection after dropping lower unit, no corrosion anywhere, it was a '96 and it made me appreciate Mercury's so much that I replaced it with another One!

Life is she, buy what you want, you're paying for it!

Still love my new one, have 79 hours, still impressed Everytime it starts, I'm anal about keeping fully charged batteries!

Maintain and stay boating.

BWP
          You live where Ralph Evinrude lived and had his test facility. Carl kiekhafer (Mercury) had his test center in St. Cloud. They were bitter enemies. Early on, Evinrudes were fairly simple and dependable, while Mercuries were innovative, fast, and quirky.

Decades ago, my high school buddy had a plywood Borum boat and 70 hp, mercury, Friggin' thing was hard to start, and when it started it had to idle fast. Problem was, it had no neutral! Just started running backwards! Dam thing would start in reverse and accelerate quickly, burying the transom. Boat had no splash well. How it never sank I;m just not sure.

Comment

• Bstnsportsfan
            Bstnsportsfan commented
            Editing a comment
            You must of have a lot of fun running that boat with a 70 on it.

• Billinfla
            Billinfla commented
            Editing a comment
            when it ran.........

Originally posted by Billinfla View Post

You live where Ralph Evinrude lived and had his test facility. Carl kiekhafer (Mercury) had his test center in St. Cloud. They were bitter enemies. Early on, Evinrudes were fairly simple and dependable, while Mercuries were innovative, fast, and quirky.

Decades ago, my high school buddy had a plywood Borum boat and 70 hp, mercury, Friggin' thing was hard to start, and when it started it had to idle fast. Problem was, it had no neutral! Just started running backwards! Dam thing would start in reverse and accelerate quickly, burying the transom. Boat had no splash well. How it never sank I;m just not sure.
          That was a direct reverse 70, 6 cyl motor can change direction by changing the firing order.
          so there was no reverse gear in the lower unit. They just ran the motor the other way to go the other way.
          That was Kiekhafer merc before Brunswick. They had a lot of innovative patents, but they didn't all work as planned!

Comment

Originally posted by massbay View Post
            Just thinking here,
            if I lost a motor due to corrosion that brand would be off of my shopping list.
            Normally I’d agree 100% however I bought the boat used with this 17 year old motor. I don’t know how the prior owners treated it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bstnsportsfan View Post

Normally I’d agree 100% however I bought the boat used with this 17 year old motor. I don’t know how the prior owners treated it.
              Last week I sent one of the marina customer's off to the suzuki dealer. a bigger job than I wanted to do.
              2006 suzy this guy bought it used, has owned it for 4 yrs.
              during his time He got towed in lost a fuel pump
              He got towed in lost a lower unit
              power trim corroded out, needed a whole new assy
              this time stalling and lack of power, lost compression 2 cyls.
              Suzy dealer say's you need a new motor. He calls and ask's can you get me a 250 merc? No I can't.
              than I'm going to buy a new susy he has in stock.

Comment

And whadya know, there's one available from our friend Oliver James, who never speaks HERE
                Sanibel FL
                Axopar 28 Cabin, 2 x 200 Merc 3.4L V6

Comment

• Bstnsportsfan
                  Bstnsportsfan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think I’ll pass…

Originally posted by TomS View Post
                And whadya know, there's one available from our friend Oliver James, who never speaks HERE
                He must get a commission for what he post here for Ebay.
                it's all Ebay stuff, but never fro the same seller.
                Engine Sales and Service
                Ph +1 954.463.1515
                Fx +1
                Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
                www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

But the Suzuki is 3000 dollars less!

Comment

Working...
                  X