Bottom paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom paint

I have a Hydro Sport 23' walkaround. I leave boat in the water March thru November and on the trailer December, January, February. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good bottom paint, type, brand, etc. I have been using interlux ACT but it seems to where off very quickly. I keep and use the boat in the Chesapeake bay.
    Attached Files

I used to use the Interlux ablative Bottomkote but switched to Petit Hydrocoat Ablative a few years ago. It doesn't slough off as easy and cleans up with soap and water, much happier with the Petit and the result are below, just pulled after a full season; I do use my boat a lot so it stays clean, that and I'm on a swift tidal river so the water is constantly moving under the boat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	haulout1.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	94767

Name:	haulout2.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	94768
    I can't help but think if I was a better person I could've been a dog. 🐕

Chet
    Amesbury, MA
    1987 2855 Bayliner Contessa SB
    How can I help you?

Comment

If Chet is on the Merrimack River, I too have a lot of friends who also has had great success with Hydrocoat on that stretch of water.
      Life is too short for an ugly boat!

Comment

Indeed I am, Goodwin Creek in Amesbury, formerly Makenzie's Landing; been there 22 years.

That's Maudsley State Park in Newburyport behind my boat.

Name:	20140513_141744.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	94780

Chet
        Amesbury, MA
        How can I help you?

Comment

The hydro coat is what I was looking into so that confirms it. Thank you, that's what I'm going to use.

Comment

Good luck with it, I like that soap and water clean up!

Chet
            Amesbury, MA
            How can I help you?

Comment

Working...
            X