Need Help is it a Stain or Really Bad Oxidation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help is it a Stain or Really Bad Oxidation?

Hello Folks,

This is my mom's boat she's a Sea Hunt Triton 212, now that I'm home I half to take care of it. Here's 2 pictures of the stain that I can't remove, I've used Meguiar's One Step Compound utilizing a buffer to see if it can be removed and still no luck. It's not bumpy to touch it's smooth, is there anything that can remove this or I would need to sand it down and repaint it?

Another question, what product can take out heavy mold out of vinyl seating's on a boat? I've tried CLR Mold & Mildew Remover with a Lysol Sponge brick it took out the minor dirt but not the mold.

Please help, thank you.
    Picture 1 Stain on Boat Picture 2 Stain closer look
    “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand” by Einstein

Looks like a discolored repair. Somebody probably thinned the gel coat with styrene so it would spray better, that's the typical color of weathered styrene.

A re-spray is about the only solution.

Comment

Another suggestion on the vinyl. You might consider re-spraying it with vinyl spray paint. Clean it, spray it, and it'll look like new.

Comment

Thank you, ondarvr & Sailfish 218 for the wealthy information.

ondarvr:
        A respray or do I need to the full repair the gel coat, sanding it down to fiberglass, applying gel coat, wet sanding, then apply clear, that type of repair?

Sailfish 218:
        I've checked out some video's on YouTube on spraying vinyl I'll give that a try that's an awesome idea.
        “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand” by Einstein

Comment

Here's a couple of pictures of mine after spraying a few years ago.

Comment

Sailfish 218........WOW what a difference, didn't know you can repaint vinyl and after you advise me I started doing research. Yesterday, ordered several of cans, their pricey in a single can but you save more when you get the six pack. Thank you for the pictures and your advice.

Comment

That area would need to be sanded down slightly, not to the glass, then re-sprayed with gel coat that matched better, sand and buff. No clear coats are used.

The issue is getting the new gel coat to match, it will match much better than what's on the now, but may still be noticeable if you look for it.

Comment

I would wash the hull first with a good solution of H7 and bleach (Use a respirator) get that mildew off, then a good HARD compounding with a heavy compound.
                Then do the gelcoat repair, you will have a better idea of the hull "color" after it's cleaned, it will be darker.
                Engine Sales and Service
                Ph +1 954.463.1515
                Fx +1
                Toll Free: 800.622.6747

oparker@parkeryacht.com
                www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

I'm learning a wealth of information from the both of you "ondarvar & Parker Yacht" will try Parker's idea first before the big job. I swear maintaining a boat is like maintaining an exotic automobile, it needs to be babied. Again, thank you.

What is solution H7, is that a M3 product?

Comment

Never mind did research I know what H7 is now.

Comment

Working...
                    X