Ceramic coating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceramic coating

Anybody have ceramic coating done on their boat or car?

Bringing this to the top as I am thinking about having ceramic coating (e.g. Glidecoat) done on my boats.

Comment

Finally somebody has something to add.I to have been considering glide coat.

Comment

My detailing guy will be coming over next week to talk to me about the coating process and cost. There are a few threads on TOS about this but they are not very informative.

Comment

Keep us updated because I am seriously considering doing this to my boat.

Comment

There seem to be two glidecoat products, a consumer version found on Amazon and one for the trade that is a lot more expensive. The products appear to be different but it is impossible to tell from the information that I can find. My little boat costs $250 to detail and my guy wanted $750 to use glidecoat because of the extra work involved in applying it. This whole thing is very new for boats and my guy didn't really have a good feel for how much extra work it is.

Comment

THE PROCESS: Preparation The boat or yacht is to be washed and thoroughly cleaned with Glidecoat Nano Wash. Surface Restoration Using Glidecoat Nano Compound and Polish remove any areas of surface oxidation or any surface debris or scratches. Application Process Use Glidecoat Surface Wipe and a clean cotton white towel to decontaminate the surface leaving it completely clean before applying Glidecoat Top Coating. Use application sponge to apply Glidecoat Top Coating in small areas, 24” by 24” at a time. Then, immediately after applying to the area, use clean microfiber towel to buff out the area to a uniform shine. Repeat this process on the entire boat or yacht overlapping all areas to ensure complete coverage. PRICING UPC SKU DESCRIPTION SIZE MSRP 692193844853 CLKIT Top Coating Kit (up to 29’) Kit $395.00 692193844860 CL250 Top Coating Only 250ml $325.00 692193844877 CL500 Top Coating Only 500ML $495.00 692193844884 CL1L Top Coating Only 1L $895.00 GLIDECOAT Glidecoat provides a unique range of high performance products and services using Smart Surface Technology (SST) Nano-composite materials. Products include Glidecoat Nano Glass, Glidecoat Inflatable Kit, Glidecoat Top Coating and UV Surface Shield. These products have been extensively tested on all forms of marine vehicles in extreme weather conditions by accredited laboratories and have been proven to provide superior protection in even the harshest conditions

KIT INCLUDES • 1 Bottle of Glidecoat Top Coating • 1 Bottle of Nano Wash • 1 Bottle of Glidecoat Nano Compound • 1 Bottle of Glidecoat Nano Polish • 1 Bottle of Glidecoat Surface Wipe • 4 Microfiber Cloths • 4 Pairs of Protective Gloves The Glidecoat Top Coating kit includes sufficient product to effectively wash the boat, prep the surface with compound, polish ensuring a consistent finish to further enhance and protect the surface.

Comment

Here is the Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/Boat-Wax-Repl...oat&th=1&psc=1

Comment

Your going to want to get the more expensive kit from what I read on the Glidecoat website.

Comment

Correct. I just got this forwarded email from my guy. The stuff on Amazon is a maintenance product, not the treatment.
                    Hi Brian,

Yes, that is our maintenance product that is available to the public. This is a soft polymer product designed as an economically solution to spray wax.

The product you and I have been discussing is our Liquid Crystal, which is our professional coating, that lasts 18 months here in Florida. The product your customer mentioned in the email below is comparable to a spray wax that will only last a few months here in Florida. A number of clients use the Marine Shine and Shield as an enhancer after applying the Liquid Crystal. The Marine Shine and Shield does not provide as high a level of protection as our Liquid Crystal and as such the price is much lower than our Liquid Crystal.

Kindly,

--

Best Regards

Kyle Westhorpe
                    Business Development

Comment

So are you going to bite the bullet and buy the kit?

Comment

Working...
                      X