Pitted Windshield repair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitted Windshield repair

Unfortunately it looks like my windscreen is pitted right in the middle of my line of sight. Ive tried using Novus 123, but it doesn't look like it has enough cut to it to get beyond the imperfections. Looking for suggestions before I start pricing out a new one thanks.
    P.S. I think saltwater was trapped between the enclosure and the windshield causing the damage.

Just a thought.....I'm thinking of just removing my windshield as it really serves no purpose with an enclusure installed. It's just another layer of dirtiness to try and see through. Only reason I've not already removed is I don't have a good place to store it and I don't want to get rid of it.

I've always thought it odd, you wash the boat after using it, by the time I use it again it's dirty from sitting in the driveway.....guess I need to use it more frequently! Darn working messes up everything.....

Comment

I've had good success wet sanding with fine abrasives then a finish with the Novus. I haven't done it on a windscreen. I have done it on large acrylic aquariums of various shapes and sizes. It really depends on how deep the damage is. It also removes material so work with an area of one square foot or greater to minimize distortion.
      2010 Sea Ray 205 Boston Whaler dauntless 15 W/75 merc 14' Shakespeare Wondercraft W/Merc110 17' Gheenoe W/Johnson 4.5 Other assorted watercraft

Comment

Something like this.

http://www.aquacave.com/pentair-acry...mover-kit.html
        2010 Sea Ray 205 Boston Whaler dauntless 15 W/75 merc 14' Shakespeare Wondercraft W/Merc110 17' Gheenoe W/Johnson 4.5 Other assorted watercraft

Comment

Originally posted by blaster View Post
          Thanks Blaster if the 3m headlight polishing kit doesn't work I might give that a try. Tried the Novus again with a different polisher "Porter Cable" still can't seem to get past the etching. Boat must have sat for a while with salt all over before I bought it unfortunately I didn't notice it on the sea trial because it was raining.

Comment

Working...
          X