Toms's New Bote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's different but I like and being a cheap boat owner I see very expensive boats where I operate and seeing one somewhat close up make me appreciate it!
    ​​​​​​Good job Tom👍

Comment

So met up with Tom and checked out his new boat today for about an hour.
      Super nice boat (Tom’s very knowledgeable & super nice too) and has really put on his thinking cap to simplify many aspects of this boat.
      I like it very-very much, and see why these are becoming so popular, especially after you let Tom get a hold of it!
      Well done sir
      ’19 Invincible 36 - 350 Verado’s Sold
      ’20 Invincible 35’ Cat, Quad Merc V8’s on order
      Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

Originally posted by Tiretyme View Post
        So met up with Tom and checked out his new boat today for about an hour.
        Super nice boat (Tom’s very knowledgeable & super nice too) and has really put on his thinking cap to simplify many aspects of this boat.
        I like it very-very much, and see why these are becoming so popular, especially after you let Tom get a hold of it!
        Well done sir
        You're too kind. It was great meeting you as well, BoB people are the best. I'll also look forward to seeing that new Invincible, such amazing and beautiful crafts!
        Sanibel FL
        Axopar 28 Cabin, 2 x 200 Merc 3.4L V6

Comment

So Tom, what’s the latest? Getting some more time on her?
          That’s a boat I’d love to deliver on a long run.
          AC, everything at your fingertips, and as the airplane pilots say “sit back and enjoy the ride!”

Comment

So Tom, what’s the latest? Getting some more time on her?
            That’s a boat I’d love to deliver on a long run.
            AC, everything at your fingertips, and as the airplane pilots say “sit back and enjoy the ride!”
            Wasn't planning to go out yesterday, but on my morning beach walk with the dog the Gulf was dead flat, winds 5 knots, 65 degrees. I couldn't find anyone to go with me on short notice so just went solo. Had a great afternoon, hardly anyone out, just getting more feel for it and tried cruising in the Gulf on the outside. I finally had a chance to check out the autopilot with 30 mi or so along the West coast of Sanibel, Captiva, North Captiva and it worked very well. As usual Ole was right on that one, really glad I added it.

Cruising at ~30-35 mph runs consistently 2.4-2.6 mpg so I'm happy with that with the twin 200 V6's. I also conquered the challenge of getting the A/C water pump primed correctly, even though it was not needed yesterday. It was cool enough outside to close both doors and leave a little crack in the sunroof for ventilation. With everything closed up it is absolutely serene inside, almost eery quiet, just the sound of water hissing on the hull. Very different experience vs an open CC type boat.

Was that your gray 35' Invincible w/quad 300's I saw on Instagram? It looks beautiful and I'm sure four Merc V8's will be awesome!
            Sanibel FL

Comment

The gray one with black quads is hull number 1
              I believe #2 & 3 have twins
              We’re either #4 or 5 I think. I know it’s all white with white quads, no powder coat on piping—just anodized aluminum.
              Suppose to be here shorty, like within next week or so.
              Will have to call Prop tomorrow

Finally got Mom in with us Saturday so been busy setting up everything for her

Comment

So, will you do the Prop Loop as in 2 months ago?
                Enjoy your new sled.
                BWP

Comment

Originally posted by bluewaterposer View Post
                  So, will you do the Prop Loop as in 2 months ago?
                  Enjoy your new sled.
                  BWP
                  I actually thought about picking it up there. Then me & Ole could resume our Exumas trip but just too much going on here right now to get away.
                  Never know though, I might

Comment

I actually thought about picking it up there. Then me & Ole could resume our Exumas trip but just too much going on here right now to get away.
                    Never know though, I might
                    Joey... The man that never rests.. LOL.. Energizer bunny..
                    2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO
                    Mobile, Al.
                    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

I'm sure because of length and deadrise at the bow this thing eats up the slop and chop, but how does she do in open water with 3 and 4' seas? With no flare I'm thinking lots of water comes over the bow, can you give us a review?

Comment

Originally posted by LFBB View Post
                        I'm sure because of length and deadrise at the bow this thing eats up the slop and chop, but how does she do in open water with 3 and 4' seas? With no flare I'm thinking lots of water comes over the bow, can you give us a review?
                        I've never had any water over the bow or on the windshield at all. It handles everything I've taken it out in without issue, though I wouldn't regularly go out in 3-4's here on purpose. I've encountered some pretty good slop by accident and it really didn't have any problem at all. At the offshore powerboat races I had a friend riding right up on the bow and we never had a drop of water in the boat. Most of our boating is day trips on the Pine Island Sound though, so we really don't have occasion to take it into open water other than running up and down the coast maybe 1-2 mi off the beach. With that said, the typical GOM short period swells are quite manageable.
                        Sanibel FL

Comment

Originally posted by TomS View Post

I've never had any water over the bow or on the windshield at all. It handles everything I've taken it out in without issue, though I wouldn't regularly go out in 3-4's here on purpose. I've encountered some pretty good slop by accident and it really didn't have any problem at all. At the offshore powerboat races I had a friend riding right up on the bow and we never had a drop of water in the boat. Most of our boating is day trips on the Pine Island Sound though, so we really don't have occasion to take it into open water other than running up and down the coast maybe 1-2 mi off the beach. With that said, the typical GOM short period swells are quite manageable.
                          Which is awesome because that’s what beats most GOM boaters to heck & back
                          Long day in that confused slop and I’m almost ready to take the L4,5 & 6 surgery plunge!!

I’ve never been out on one but think I could take Tom’s around the loop.
                          He’s got a really nice setup and a very comfy helm station with everything basically needed for autonomous operation at your finger tips.

Comment

Working...
                          X