Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiretyme View Post

Sounds like she’s rigged out nicely!
    What are performance expectations with that engine setup?

Sounds like Bubble Room is still proud of their product!!
    I’ve been a few times, in another lifetime, when I used to bring boats back across the cut.
    Seems like we accidentally, on purpose, would end up at South Seas for a night before heading across the GOM on an 8-9 knot trawler.
    It would take 36 hours unless we rode the coast in anticipation of weather.

I liked ducking in at Tarpon Springs when required too
    It's not really a go-fast type of boat at all, not the mission, but based on the Boattest.com report it should be ~55 mph top end, 2.3mpg @3500 31mph cruise. I'll be happy with 2mpg. The new Merc V6's are quite efficient, plus lotsa torque.
    Sanibel FL
    Axopar 28 Cabin (incoming)

Comment

Originally posted by TomS View Post

It's not really a go-fast type of boat at all, not the mission, but based on the Boattest.com report it should be ~55 mph top end, 2.3mpg @3500 31mph cruise. I'll be happy with 2mpg. The new Merc V6's are quite efficient, plus lotsa torque.
      Yes sir, knew she wasn’t a racer, but nice top end if you need to scoot from something. Nice #’s on cruising.
      My Blackwood (27’) w/ 300’s was a little faster and ran ran 1.9 - 2.1 with half load.
      After you play around on her, you’ll find your (families) most comfortable and efficient speeds.

Valla didn’t like to go too fast in chop most of the time but Blackwood ran smoother at 40ish mph.
      After switching propellers, it ran about rpm to mph up to about 50mph, then faster as it lifted out of water more.

I’m sure you’re getting excited and I’m eagerly awaiting your arrival too!
      ’19 Invincible 36 - 350 Verado’s Sold
      ’20 Invincible 35’ Cat, Quad Verado’s on order
      Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

Working...
      X