1976 Welcraft V20 CC Rebuild

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    This has been on the back burner for a bit. In the next couple of weeks I will bring to shop and start again.
    Engine Sales and Service
    Ph +1 954.463.1515
    Fx +1
    954.463.4904
    Toll Free: 800.622.6747

    oparker@parkeryacht.com
    www.parkeryacht.com

    Member of the MSHS Group

    Comment


    • #32
      It's a neat build. I'm sure the boat will come out amazing.

      Comment


      • #33
        Someone on FB posted this boat, it is the boat I had (My father had) as a kid. Original engine was an Evinrude 135, we put this 175 on where they came out.
        Circa 1978.
        As for my current project, it's coming along, I'll post pics this week.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	41275732_678635559178089_7704968791251222528_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	167.7 KB ID:	49483
        Engine Sales and Service
        Ph +1 954.463.1515
        Fx +1
        954.463.4904
        Toll Free: 800.622.6747

        oparker@parkeryacht.com
        www.parkeryacht.com

        Member of the MSHS Group

        Comment


        • #34
          Rum Point, Grand Cayman.
          Then Circa 1978
          Click image for larger version  Name:	41275732_678635559178089_7704968791251222528_o.jpg Views:	2 Size:	167.7 KB ID:	49485
          2012
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Cayman 11.12 057.jpg Views:	1 Size:	187.1 KB ID:	49486
          Now 2018
          Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0108.JPG Views:	2 Size:	129.4 KB ID:	49487
          Engine Sales and Service
          Ph +1 954.463.1515
          Fx +1
          954.463.4904
          Toll Free: 800.622.6747

          oparker@parkeryacht.com
          www.parkeryacht.com

          Member of the MSHS Group

          Comment


          • #35
            Where were we-----.
            Tank is in, under the deck, the fill and vent was a challenge.
            I used the T-Top from the 33T with some modifications.
            Raised the transom, scuppers in the aft deck.
            Reinforced the forward deck.
            Electronic box.
            Deck is non skid Awlgrip.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0758.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	51681Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0759.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	51682Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0763.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	51683Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0761.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	51684Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0762.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	51685Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0760.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	51686Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0764.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	51687Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0765.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	51688Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0766.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	51689Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0767.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	51690
            Engine Sales and Service
            Ph +1 954.463.1515
            Fx +1
            954.463.4904
            Toll Free: 800.622.6747

            oparker@parkeryacht.com
            www.parkeryacht.com

            Member of the MSHS Group

            Comment


            • #36
              Wow, that is looking good.

              He said on his very important 1000th post.

              Comment


              • #37
                I had a 33 Chris, an old one that I had restored with 283 Chevy's in it
                Damn thing was a real pain in the ass
                Spent too much money making it a thing of beauty and it broke down all the time
                No point in actually trying to use the SOB because it seldom could make it out of the marina

                Ok, "Boatman" who commented earlier sold a longshoreman a V20 with an in line six 165 MerCruiser
                His starter kept going out and he was really pissed and fighting mad
                He said very-very loudly:
                "I see Mike's Chris at the marina all the time with guys taking care of it for him"
                I asked the longshoreman if he had his title which he did and we swapped titles and keys on the spot
                He got my pain in the ass Chris and I sold the V20 in a day or two and washed out of my boating problems

                I really do hate boats per se

                BUT.............My cash register loved the V20

                Comment


                • #38
                  Progress. Looking good. What motor will you install?

                  Did you add those live wells? Friend of mine has one from the 80's and still uses a 5 gallon bucket with battery powered bubbler.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    What year did they start the V20. I remember a good friend from Coral Gables had a Wellcraft V20 Steplift back around the mid to late 60's if my memory is correct. Actually, it was his parent's boat and he didn't get to use it very often. But, it was an awesome boat to ski behind the few times we got to use it.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Sailfish 218 View Post
                      What year did they start the V20. I remember a good friend from Coral Gables had a Wellcraft V20 Steplift back around the mid to late 60's if my memory is correct. Actually, it was his parent's boat and he didn't get to use it very often. But, it was an awesome boat to ski behind the few times we got to use it.
                      I'm pretty sure it was 1968

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Pstephens46 View Post
                        Progress. Looking good. What motor will you install?

                        Did you add those live wells? Friend of mine has one from the 80's and still uses a 5 gallon bucket with battery powered bubbler.
                        Not sure yet, seeing what falls in my lap, I really want an F225-F250 on it.
                        No, and I will put something under the seat.
                        Engine Sales and Service
                        Ph +1 954.463.1515
                        Fx +1
                        954.463.4904
                        Toll Free: 800.622.6747

                        oparker@parkeryacht.com
                        www.parkeryacht.com

                        Member of the MSHS Group

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post

                          Not sure yet, seeing what falls in my lap, I really want an F225-F250 on it.
                          No, and I will put something under the seat.
                          Since you are now a Merc dealer.....how about
                          a white 3.4 liter 225? Good bit lighter on that transom.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Sailfish 218 View Post
                            Wow, that is looking good.

                            He said on his very important 1000th post.
                            Congrats BTW! Thank you!
                            Engine Sales and Service
                            Ph +1 954.463.1515
                            Fx +1
                            954.463.4904
                            Toll Free: 800.622.6747

                            oparker@parkeryacht.com
                            www.parkeryacht.com

                            Member of the MSHS Group

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Pstephens46 View Post

                              Since you are now a Merc dealer.....how about
                              a white 3.4 liter 225? Good bit lighter on that transom.
                              I'd like that. Not sure I want that much money on the boat. We shall see. Would be a great engine choice.
                              Right now there are no Demo's either.
                              Engine Sales and Service
                              Ph +1 954.463.1515
                              Fx +1
                              954.463.4904
                              Toll Free: 800.622.6747

                              oparker@parkeryacht.com
                              www.parkeryacht.com

                              Member of the MSHS Group

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post

                                I'd like that. Not sure I want that much money on the boat. We shall see. Would be a great engine choice.
                                Right now there are no Demo's either.
                                Figgered a man of your stature could get one for the cost of freight charge?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X