Bahamas boys trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bahamas boys trip

Here’s a bit of a photo dump from last week fishing out of Spanish Wells. Great weather but the fishing was really really tough. A few wahoo but all really small. A couple of blues and we lucked into a school of big Mahi whilst deep dropping which really really made the trip

[

freezing crossing with the low windscreen on the 40

A new favourite

Can’t ask for a better forecast. Unfortunately the fishing was dead all morning despite acres and acres of skippies and flying fish

Coffee Oclock

Got this guy on the High speed wire rod. Don’t want to experience that again!

Loads of queens

Nothing like screaming 80ws @ 14 knots

Critters from the deep

Our 47 at our dock behind a crew members property. This boat is such an absolute beast to fish in the rough.

Its fun not knowing what is in store

Ali was loving the deep dropping! He’s a standup guy and also my “ guys” of the 40ft Onslow I delivered to San Diego a few years back. We are now bringing that back across and I will get to fish it in South Florida and the Bahamas

Spanish Wells yacht haven

Deliciousness

this one was worth pulling over for

Jimmy Buffets robo?

Caramel macchiato anyone

Just beat this thing running back yesterday

Hard fishing but WAY better than my days at work.

What speed do you pull those HS lures at? I have a couple of 2 speed Intl 50's on bent butt rods and a few HS lures that I haven't had any success with. I think I may be running a little fast with them. We usually stay around 20mph. The lures stay in the water but nothing even looks at them.

Comment

• MikeO
      MikeO commented
      Editing a comment
      If it’s really rough going down sea I may hit 18knots but I like to keep it around 12 to 14knots.

• Tiretyme
      Tiretyme commented
      Editing a comment
      Are those Black Sea Bass?

Great pics.
    not a horrible boat either.

looks like a good time!

Comment

Thanks for the great pictures! always a favorite place of mine to stop for a few days.....That weather looked awesome, can we assume you went to Hole in the Wall?

Comment

• MikeO
        MikeO commented
        Editing a comment
        We were going to fish it but my buddy and I went opposite ways and I went to James Point and he hit HITW. He came back with no Pelagic’s and some small deep drop critters. I got a bin full of good sized Mahi and big snapper.

Enjoyed that!

Comment

Me too!!!

Behind the helm pic....just leaving the North Pole.....lol

Comment

Nice pics. What is the best time of year to fish in stage Bahamas? My husband wants to go
          From down the bayou, South Louisiana.

Comment

• MikeO
            MikeO commented
            Editing a comment
            My favourite is the week leading up to the full moon in April.

Great job Mike O! Looks like a blast!

Did you get any pics of the sunken ship?
          2021 Blackwood, twin 300 Mercs
          Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

• MikeO
            MikeO commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn’t go up there but will see if my buddy took any. He said there was still a “sheen” on the water

Thanks mike
          From down the bayou, South Louisiana.

Comment

One of the guys just sent me this pic from the trip.

Driving boats is fun but I still get kicks from leading Marlin

Comment

Mike, did you pay attention to the fuel prices over there? I didn't go last year because diesel was $8 per gallon. Rethinking it again but the fuel prices will dictate that.

Comment

I was paying 6.20 for gas which is cheaper than rec 90 in Miami. Diesel is $5.60/gal in Nassau.

Comment

Working...
                X