Money Honey.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These boats are waaaay outside of my realm. But if Rybovich ever built an ugly boat, I’ve never seen a picture of it. This one is no exception.

That video did indeed give me a chubby.
    Bob

S Central PA

Comment

Originally posted by the other tom View Post

Well, the guy that commissioned Michael Rybovich (grandson) to build this boat had a single purpose: saifishing off the Palm Beaches and South Florida with an occasional Bahamas trip to an island where he has a Villa and other yachts. Sailfishing there (here) involves live bait from either kites in the stern or flat lines from the bow (both at the same time) The boat is stopped dead in the water when fishing. Hookups usually involve a sailish circling the boat several times before you can touch the leader and/or get the hook out. Thus, the "walkaround" feature. Some people participate in Sail tourneys with traditional sportfish with long flat bow, when its rough its not too fun up there. (and remember bow rails are frowned upon...)

The sacrifice of interior volume really isn't an issue as the only people going below are the captain and mate (or two) when fishing in a location away from your home area (to sleep at night plugged in to a 50A cord). It is all the advantages of a center console, the ride of a big sportfish, and "the look". The whole purpose of the layout is to optimize the deck area for fishing in the cockpit and the bow. And yes, if trolling for white marlin off North Carolina is your thing, this is the wrong ride.

Pretty sure a replacement would be a tad bit more $$$ than that scout.
      I bet that gorgeous work of art also fits under a lot of bridges in South Florida.

Comment

That's the great thing about the Hydraulic Outriggers. Mine are 36' long and have a height of 26'10". When approaching a bridge I can extend them out and drop my height to just under 20' which gets me under most of them. I just gotta make sure I am the only boat approaching thr bridge because I have to stay in the center and take up most of the span.

Comment

Originally posted by Sans Peur View Post
          That's the great thing about the Hydraulic Outriggers. Mine are 36' long and have a height of 26'10". When approaching a bridge I can extend them out and drop my height to just under 20' which gets me under most of them. I just gotta make sure I am the only boat approaching thr bridge because I have to stay in the center and take up most of the span.
          that would sure be a nice feature!

Comment

One of my friends works for the owner of the Scout. Absolutely stunning boat and would have been a prime candidate for my boss but he has his eyes on another custom build.

Comment

Here ya go, 75 knots

Rome-based firm Lazzarini Design Studios has created its latest concept yacht called the Plectrum, which has the ability to fly above the water and speed along the waves.

Click image for larger version  Name:	D033B03B-64F4-446E-8FA4-D307913FCDAB.png Views:	0 Size:	1.47 MB ID:	180643
              2021 Blackwood, twin 300 Mercs
              Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

Here ya go, 75 knots

Hope its not "Built out of dry carbon fibres...." they might need some prepreg in there!

Don't know about 75 knots, but the concept is being proven as we speak with several long distance sailingBote races being held across oceans with foiling race boats that have been designed and engineered to perform in some serious waves and weather. Problem they are having is that the foils don't do well when they strike whales, containers, nets, etc at 30 knots. And, when the wind is minimal, there is not enough force to get the boat foiling and the blades have a lot of wetted surface (and drag).

Comment

• Tiretyme
                  Tiretyme commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, I kinda wondered about the damage potential when one or more of the foils strike a submerged object at significant speed. I’d guess they’re designed to break off at a point that doesn’t compromise hull integrity. Hope so anyway
              Working...
              X