Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookee what I found.

I was boat yard slumming and saw this.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220616_105036.jpg Views:	10 Size:	2.03 MB ID:	163077 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220616_105000.jpg Views:	9 Size:	2.34 MB ID:	163078
    Engine Sales and Service
    Ph +1 954.463.1515
    Fx +1
    Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
    www.parkeryacht.com

Classic Rybovich, beautiful. Is that a 34' or 36' ?

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post
      Classic Rybovich, beautiful. Is that a 34' or 36' ?
      I think she is a 43', belongs to a Member here on BoB.
      Let's see if he pokes his head up.
      Engine Sales and Service
      Ph +1 954.463.1515
      Fx +1

[email protected]
      www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• jmike
        jmike commented
        Editing a comment
        In the pictures it looked smaller

• Parker Yacht
        Parker Yacht commented
        Editing a comment
        I always thought it looked "Bigger" in the pictures. :-)))

• jmike
        jmike commented
        Editing a comment
        No, that's fatter

Sportin some new Topside paint (That's the hull to you landlubbers).
      Engine Sales and Service
      Ph +1 954.463.1515
      Fx +1

[email protected]
      www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Woohoo πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

BWP

Comment

Wow. Beautiful boat. Can almost see that bow parting the waves. Probably some nice wood work inside...all varnished and glossy.

Comment

It’s slick!
            nice boat

Comment

Beautiful
              2021 Blackwood, twin 300 Mercs
              Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

That is a sweet looking ride, reminds me of fishin the ditches along the Mullica and and seeing them shake down the big Vikings
                This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties either expressed, written or implied and confers no rights.
                You assume all risk for your use. The author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner's acting ability.

Comment

Is it still out from the floor replacement or out again for a different reason?

Comment

• Parker Yacht
                    Parker Yacht commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Don't know.
                    But, it's an old(er) wood bote and worse than owning a horse.

As they say. Its not the cost of the purchase it's the maintenence.
                  Engine Sales and Service
                  Ph +1 954.463.1515
                  Fx +1

[email protected]
                  www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• Sans Peur
                    Sans Peur commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Tell me about it. I may be able to relate.

Yeah, the next morning was "launch time" after being on the hard for ten days. Somebody left a business card taped to the transom....must have wanted to offer a free oil change?

The boat was out of the water as a result of getting hit in the portside bow area by a sailing bote. We were running a very large world-class sailing event (the Melges 24 World Championships) a few weeks ago and I was the start/signal boat. We were anchored in about 80' of water with winds a steady 28 knots from the NE (that means some decent sized waves). One of the competitors did not exactly get a great start and tacked off to the right around our bow, but missed the fact that there was an anchor rode somewhere out there attached to my bow. His keel snagged the anchor line, and he slowly drifted under the port bow with about 2 minutes of agony as his hull repeatedly was crunched into the topsides paint. That was on day one of a five day event.

The competitor was great about the situation, I had known and raced against him over the years. We came to a resolution on the repairs that did not involve surveyors, insurance folk, or anyone other than vendors who I have done a lot of work over the years. Basically I did the glasswork/epoxy repairs, did a halfway decent job of rough fairing into Hi Build and 545 primer then the paint guys took over, blocked, primed, sanded, blocked, primed, sanded, blocked, and ultimately tented and painted the port side half / bow of the boat which came out very nice. (Awlcraft can be blended sort of like gelcoat when sections are painted next to "old" sections). He agreed to pay for the fairing, tenting, and paintwork, I handled the glasswork and we split the haulout cost. It was dissapointing because I had been out of the water before this "accident" doing an annual bottom job, other paintwork, and some other underwater stuff. (the areas affected had just been painted!)

Now, what happened the day after launching requires another post and some pictures......It involves some higher level gear that most hope to never need to use.....

Comment

• Parker Yacht
                    Parker Yacht commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sounds like something HOT.

The boat is still 47' Here are a few more shots of the work in progress: The damaged areas were ground out with a angle grinder down to raw wood, then backfilled with epoxy, some 10 oz cloth, and hi-density filler. Then the epoxy was leveled down to mostly the surrounding painted areas before the whole area was faired. There was some damage to the toe rail and stainless rub rail section which is removed here....

Click image for larger version

Name:	hi build bow.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	163488

After the rough glasswork was done, several levels of primer were applied and sanded, above is what we call "hi build" which is applied after using micro balloons/epoxy, but before Awgrip 545 finish primer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bow tent.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	163489

Comment

Working...
                  X