Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rkmorgan View Post

You ain’t gonna believe this...

As a child, my folks kept a trailer at a trailer park called Seaside in what is now Romar Beach in Orange Beach...we were gulf front. Sometime in the seventies the Trailer Park was selling out and my father had the opportunity to buy 20 acres of Gulf Front property. Now this was a time when what is now called Perdido Beach Boulevard was two lanes, Orange Beach was just an old story about huge Orange plantation, you had to drive to Foley to buy groceries and use a telephone. I remember seeing my dad at his desk with a calculator, but he couldn’t make the numbers work so he passed because it was so desolate. Fast forward a few years and Hurricane Frederik damn near destroys all gulf front property and a little Real Estate company from Saraland Alabama builds the first “condotel” in Gulf Shores and the rest is history. But if you ever find yourself driving down Perdido Beach Boulevard and find yourself next to the Public Beach and see the condominium development called Seaside Beach and Racquet Club, think of me and what could have been! Oh, and if you look hard enough will may see a couple of old trailers still there...they’re the ones who never sold out!
    Yep.. I think most of us who grew up around "this area" have similar stories to tell.. Amazing isn't it?
    As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
    2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
    2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
    Mobile, Al.
    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Dang.

Comment

Working...
      X