Bimini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bimini

So.... we're(bro/me/friend/cuz) going to Bimini july 22-25. finally got a hold of cuz this morning. he passport is expired. 4-6 weeks now for expedited due to covid. haven't heard what bro is going to do yet. he would prefer to go with 4. already have reservations at BGC.

disappointing about cuz. still the scatter brained kid as he was when he was little.

Love the Bahamas. Never been to Bimini but I have a good friend who was born and raised there. Take lots of pictures.

Comment

hopefully we can find a fourth..

Comment

Jealous, didn't go last year (covid) won't go this year (shoulder surgery), will go next year though.
        Take pics and have a wonderful time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tori645 View Post
          So.... we're(bro/me/friend/cuz) going to Bimini july 22-25. finally got a hold of cuz this morning. he passport is expired. 4-6 weeks now for expedited due to covid. haven't heard what bro is going to do yet. he would prefer to go with 4. already have reservations at BGC.

disappointing about cuz. still the scatter brained kid as he was when he was little.
          There is a service that you pay and it can be expedited to 1 day I believe.
          We are going over to Bimini on july 18 th for 4 days.
          Staying at South Bimini at house we rented in Port Royal.
          Cant wait.

Comment

• Tori645
            Tori645 commented
            Editing a comment
            Few years ago i went to Miami. Had it a couple days later. "Due to covid," now expedited is 4-6 weeks

Love Bimini. Got a friend that has a house in Port Royale. Didn’t cross last year and realized when setting up our Spain trip (September) our passports expired, so probably not crossing this year. Think we are going to try to limit our trips over to 1 a year and the rest in the keys. Bahamas getting too pricey and regs tightening. Tizzle, looked into expedited passports so we could go to the Bahamas this summer. I think if your travel is within 72hrs, you can get an appointment in Miami and do same day. Not sure how going via personal boat works but by airline you have to show your tickets.

Comment

Expeditedtravel.com

Its a passport courier service check it out. You pay for the service they take care of the rest.

Never mind it just looked and its the same 4-6 week bullshit!

How long will covid be an excuse for everything?

Comment

Crossed today and it was a 3 hour ride in some pretty crossed up rough waves. Click2clear saves a bunch of time clearing. I was in and out in 3 minutes. Not too many boats in the marinas.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210722_074814.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	127868

Comment

Like a babies bottom! Nice!

Comment

Name:	20210722_074814.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	127868
                  Maybe you should stand on the port side so the bote doesn't heel so much.
                  Engine Sales and Service
                  Ph +1 954.463.1515
                  Fx +1
                  Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
                  www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Smoooooooothe Hot?
                  Small town S. W. Ga./St. James Fl.

Comment

We had to stop on our crossing back to Boca from Bimini. We found a floating tree. Threw out some spinners with squid and lost 3 of the biggest mahi I had ever hooked. Did manage to get 3 smaller ones off the tree. I lost them because my leader was only 20 pound test and we fought them so long that their teeth wore through the leader. My fault for not changing the leader.
                  The crossing back was absolutely perfect. Tori got it easy! Have a great time Tori and checkout the dolphins after 3 at north rock. You can swim with them and its pretty cool.

Comment

Cool moon..

Name:	20210722_205001.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	127974 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210722_200935.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	127975

Comment

Went up ti isaacs again. On way caught a dolphin. Made the turn, and strange thing happened. We caught a blue marlin. First time for me. It jumped a few times then line broke.

Then the fun began. We have bro's friend with us. 2x he forgot to turn clicker on and drag not very tight. Needless to say, both got spooled, not at same time. We tag teamed on last one. I'm on the reel. Bro and friend are doing something in the port stern corner. All of a sudden, "oh no!!!" Look over and they are both looking in the water. They dropped a rod overboard. Luckily, its line was crossed with the one im reeling in. They were able to grab the line. Spent 20 minutes or so pulling the line up for sunk rod. Finally do retrieve it, then they have untangle prop.
                      trolled some more up there. On way back saw sailfish jump a few times.
                      never a dull moment

Comment

Working...
                      X