Offshore Delaware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offshore Delaware

Weather permitting we’re heading offshore this Saturday. My son is getting married in October and he asked for an offshore trip for his bachelor party! Hopefully we’ll get lucky and find some fish! Wish us luck!
    95 Stamas 32' CC twin 250 Mercs
    Seaford, De
    Curtis

Well. We headed offshore yesterday. A little sporty on the ride out. Got set up on the troll and worked the first area for almost two hours without a bite.

Picked up and ran over to another location. Trolled that area for the next three hours with no love. Radio chatter basically confirmed what we were experiencing. Very few fish being caught.

We picked up about 2:30 and ran over to an area to do some bottom fishing. Ended up with a dozen nice sea bass .

Beautiful and smooth 30 mile run back to the dock. All in all my son and everyone else had fun but alas….no love from the tuna gods. Maybe next time!
    95 Stamas 32' CC twin 250 Mercs
    Seaford, De
    Curtis

Comment

• Tiretyme
      Tiretyme commented
      Editing a comment
      Are they Black Seabass?

• NO WAKE
      NO WAKE commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. Very good eating!!!!

• Tiretyme
      Tiretyme commented
      Editing a comment
      Me and my Dad were Snapper fishing in GOM and he reeled one in.
      Had no idea what it was since I’d never seen one caught around here so I said we better toss it back.
      Looked it up that night…………..daaaamn, we chucked back a good one, and I thought I knew local fishes pretty good🤪

Sorry to hear you didn’t find them.

Keep plugging away and it should happen. Plus a day on the boat with your son beats the hell out of most anything else you could have been doing.
    Bob

S Central PA

Comment

• NO WAKE
      NO WAKE commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely agree! Everyone had a blast! 😃
Working...
X