Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flats 2021...

Anyone fish the area?

I put in last week with the kids and pulled some catfish and out first small rock.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8701A331-906B-446A-A6E6-F736AB35AD6B.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	3.31 MB
ID:	113530

Are you referring to the Susquehanna flats?

https://www.proptalk.com/striped-bass-susquehanna-flats

I am itching to get out but I usually fish the middle bay. Won’t be long now.

2010 Sea Ray 205 Boston Whaler dauntless 15 W/75 merc 14' Shakespeare Wondercraft W/Merc110 17' Gheenoe W/Johnson 4.5 Other assorted watercraft

Comment

Originally posted by blaster View Post
      Are you referring to the Susquehanna flats?

https://www.proptalk.com/striped-bass-susquehanna-flats

I am itching to get out but I usually fish the middle bay. Won’t be long now.
      Yep, susky flats, north east river, elk... I will be out on the flats this weekend dunking some bait. Maybe the big girls will show back up this year.

Comment

I used to fish The Flats a lot. Not as much now that the striper population is in such bad shape.

Yellow perch run is likely over but white perch should be showing up soon, if not already. Your kids would have a blast catching a bunch of them for a fish fry.

Hope to get down there in the next few weeks.
        Bob

S Central PA

Comment

feesh are moving in, along with the ospreys... steady pick of 4-6#ers all day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D01B79F5-B4D4-4A16-BA38-AAD575766AE0.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	3.08 MB
ID:	115341

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

That's great!

Guess I won't be making it down since I see we only have till Wednesday then closed till May 15 and regs. following then still not announced. I'll hit the river for SM & Walleye and some lakes for crappy instead.
              Bob

S Central PA

Comment

Originally posted by duckfish View Post
                That's great!

Guess I won't be making it down since I see we only have till Wednesday then closed till May 15 and regs. following then still not announced. I'll hit the river for SM & Walleye and some lakes for crappy instead.
                Those regs are killing me.

People up and down the coast, and even bay, are allowed to keep trophy females... but we can’t catch and release on the flats.

Where the studies from the last shutdown in the 90’s showed its 90% males on the flats pre spawn.

Cold water C&R isn’t the cause, nor will it cause, the downfall of the fishery.

I guess me and the boy will do a bunch of catfishing instead... if a striper bites... oh well.

Comment

Working...
                X