Great Lakes News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Lakes News

Decided to start a thread for all great lakers to let us know what is going on in your particular part of the great lakes; we are in winterizing mode now, but we had a great season weather wise overall except the wind in late May causing flooding. Has been fine since then and the walleye catch has been superb. Not so good on the perch and our DNR is working on causal factors for the perch decline--most think too many walleye eating the smaller perch. What's going on in your area?

We are ahead of schedule this year....have 5 boats left to haul out, then start on projects. Salmon fishing was good this year and small mouth was very good. They are fishing Walleyes right now, not sure how that's going.

Parts and certain model engine availability is tough. But parts availability is terrible(Yamaha and lesser with Mercury). Frustrating for us and customers. The only solace is everyone has the same problem.
    Andrew Munao Jr
    Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
    888-231-2392 | [email protected] | simyamaha.com

Comment

Yep, same here with Yamaha in particular. Many of our new boats coming in sans engines and then we have to install them. Extra time we don't usually have to commit. New boat inventory still only a few.

Comment

Originally posted by SIM View Post

Parts and certain model engine availability is tough. But parts availability is terrible(Yamaha and lesser with Mercury). Frustrating for us and customers. The only solace is everyone has the same problem.
        I ordered a Merc Active Trim pad from you a couple weeks ago, not expecting to see it for awhile and, though not in stock (anywhere), I was very pleasantly surprised how fast you actually got it to me. Yes, there is hope!
        Sanibel FL
        Axopar 28 Cabin, 2 x 200 Merc 3.4L V6

Comment

Originally posted by TomS View Post

I ordered a Merc Active Trim pad from you a couple weeks ago, not expecting to see it for awhile and, though not in stock (anywhere), I was very pleasantly surprised how fast you actually got it to me. Yes, there is hope!
          Thanks Tom! The other problem is both manufactures show BO dates way out some parts and then these orders arrive unexpectedly. Its super hard to plan out with the inconsistences. Never seen anything like this.
          Andrew Munao Jr
          Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
          888-231-2392 | [email protected] | simyamaha.com

Comment

My next door neighbor got his boat back yesterday from having some engine work. I gave him a hand launching it and he mentioned the dealer, Henkel, had two boats on the lot for sale.

Seels, our local Grady (and other brands) has one new Grady in the showroom. I spoke with Kenny who has been at Seels for decades and he said they’re selling like hot cakes and customers expect delivery delays and put deposits down to hold their place in line.

Comment

• erie skipper
            erie skipper commented
            Editing a comment
            Same with us; right now we have 3 new boats in stock. The next ten Robalos coming are all pre-sold and so on. Haven't seen anything like this in my 40 years in the industry

As a commercial vehicle driver, it's incredibly foggy most mornings, all I got!

BWP

Comment

Working...
          X