Lake Levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Levels

Lake Erie is back down to believable levels and the flooding has ceased for now; it's been a rough couple of years for marinas and lakeshore people. What do the rest of the great lakes have to report?

Depending on the wind direction, down at least 12-14" from this time last year. Crazy swing for us. But we had no precipitation to speak this winter, I think maybe 10" of snow. Which is very abnormal.
    Andrew Munao Jr
    Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
    888-231-2392 | [email protected] | simyamaha.com

Comment

Yep same here and spring rain was not up to par either.

Comment

I remember years ago down south watching the ESPN bass shows the lakes were down 30-40'....that has to have recovered by now....

Comment

I was getting 10 inches total every two weeks in March & April
          Finally had to drag sprinklers out as it’s dry now.
          Golf course started watering last week.

So we’ve had waaaaaay more than normal
          34’ Fountain w/ trip 300’s

Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

Originally posted by Tiretyme View Post
            I was getting 10 inches total every two weeks in March & April
            Finally had to drag sprinklers out as it’s dry now.
            Golf course started watering last week.

So we’ve had waaaaaay more than normal
            We have gone from too wet to work in the fields to drought in a couple weeks. Knew it was coming.
            Small town S. W. Ga./St. James Fl.

Comment

• Tiretyme
              Tiretyme commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m with ya!
              Always happens like this

Northeast gales on Lake Erie today and tomorrow; flooding downtown Port Clinton from the surge; waves 10-15' on the Lake; all ferry services to the islands cancelled through Saturday; not good news for the Memorial Day weekend traffic to the islands and all the businesses that it will effect

Comment

We had some pretty strong NE winds too. Doesn't affect us like it does you. Except it raises the water level by use 6-10 inches depending on conditions. We get a N or NW wind, and its like someone pulled the drain plug. Beautiful day today, but cold. 42 last night.
              Andrew Munao Jr

Comment

Originally posted by SIM View Post
                We had some pretty strong NE winds too. Doesn't affect us like it does you. Except it raises the water level by use 6-10 inches depending on conditions. We get a N or NW wind, and its like someone pulled the drain plug. Beautiful day today, but cold. 42 last night.
                Still NE winds today Andy and Port Clinton-Toledo-Sandusky area is a mess; Port Clinton declared a state of emergency as man hole covers were being pressured up and relocated due to storm surge; Put in Bay is all but shut down and all the weekend festivities are more or less cancelled. Just what the area needed after last year's covid mess.

Comment

Originally posted by erie skipper View Post

Still NE winds today Andy and Port Clinton-Toledo-Sandusky area is a mess; Port Clinton declared a state of emergency as man hole covers were being pressured up and relocated due to storm surge; Put in Bay is all but shut down and all the weekend festivities are more or less cancelled. Just what the area needed after last year's covid mess.
                  That stinks, sorry to hear that.
                  Andrew Munao Jr

Comment

The lake has been at acceptable levels all summer now and boating is going strong; now if I only had some boats to sell!

Comment

Originally posted by erie skipper View Post
                      The lake has been at acceptable levels all summer now and boating is going strong; now if I only had some boats to sell!
                      Yes, our level is down too. Perfect level actually.
                      Andrew Munao Jr

Comment

Originally posted by SIM View Post

Yes, our level is down too. Perfect level actually.
                        Yep; perfect is the word

Comment

Labor Day weekend has arrived and there is a noticeable slow down in traffic here on Catawba since high school football started a couple of weeks ago. People starting to pull their boats out for the season and more people asking about brokering their boats. How about the rest of you in the great lakes?

Comment

Working...
                          X