New G3 card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New G3 card

Does anybody know if the new G3 card will work in the Garmin 1040 XS?

They are compatible. Here is a link to them https://www.boemarine.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=g3

Jim Maier - www.BOEmarine.com - 866-735-5926 x104 - jim@boemarine.com

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Jim, I'm here in south florida and I noticed HXUS604x is detail of the entire country including Alaska for $194.99 then further down the page I saw VUS010R for SE Florida for $296.99. Why is the entire country $100 less than the SE Florida chip? Is it less detailed? I assume it works for the Garmin 7616? Thanks.

Comment

So I downloaded the new G3 and installed it and there wasn't to much difference. I did lose the ability to see sea surface temperatures from my XM weather subscription. I checked to make sure that i am recieving the data from XM and I am its just not showing up now. Any ideas how to fix that issue?

Comment

The new G3 card messed up my system somehow. I have sea surface temps from XM and now they won't display. I sent a refresh signal already and it didn't change anything. I get all other data except for sea surface temps. When I went into the subscription on the unit it says its receiving the data about sea temps. Not very happy at this point. For how much these things cost they should be faster as well. The reload time is really slow and almost annoying.

Comment

Talked to Garmin and thy are trying to rectify the issue. They said there have been a bunch of problems with the new update.

Comment

Garmin is really making them selves look bad with the horrible rolls out of the new G3 card. My 1040XS has issues when I use the card. I wish apple made chart plotter fish finders. They would likely work much better and have faster processors.

Comment

Why you guys put up with Garmin, I will never understand.
                  2011 Weldcraft 260 Cuddy King
                  '11 Pair Yamaha 150's (4-Strokes)

Comment

I have been thinking of going Simrad.

Comment

Working...
                    X