Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verado Steering Cylinder Capacity for Autopilot

Hello fellas,

I have been lurking for quite a while. Maybe one of you guys can help me out. I am wanting to install an autopilot on my Fountain. I have twin 275 verado with one steering cylinder and tiebar. I have been unable to determine the steering cylinder capacity/volume to spec out an autopilot. I have searched high and low and also contacted my dealer who was not certain. The steering cylinder part number is 8M0118141 which is from mercury/quicksilver. Thank you for any guidance.

Welcome to the site. Maybe one of the experts will be along shortly to help with your question.

Comment

I am somewhat surprised by the lack of response. Either this is a dumb question or the answer is trade secret. After going to the end of the internet and asking other dealers, I believe I have found the answer. Furuno's 511 installation manual for Verado steering system states, "the volume of the hydraulic RAM on a Verado engine is about 9-10 cubic inches." Therfore, a 10 cu in cylinder speed would be approximately 10 seconds hard over to hard over using a HRP11. This is in line with the recommendation from Furuno that the rudder speed should be between 10 and 16 seconds. Any confirmation available from you guys?

Comment

I can't assist directly but I have read where others have recommended the site Boatsteer.com.

Comment

Working...
        X