Question on GPS/Sonar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on GPS/Sonar

I have a 3 year old 7"screen Lowrance. I don't keep up with all the latest advances.

Have any of the major players created a system where you might have a high quality long lived monitor and just change out the "guts" periodically to upgrade?

No, the monitors improve as fast as the guts. Brighter, better glare resistance, higher res, etc.

Jim Maier - www.BOEmarine.com - 866-735-5926 x104 - jim@boemarine.com

Comment

but you can add some features with add on boxes, like better sonar, side view, wifi depending on how old your unit is.

Comment

Originally posted by yachtjim View Post
        No, the monitors improve as fast as the guts. Brighter, better glare resistance, higher res, etc.
        Seem to be a pain and expensive to cut new holes and modify console every couple years to fit the latest unit.

Comment

Only if you want the latest stuff. Typically anything you buy will work for 10+ years.

Jim Maier - www.BOEmarine.com - 866-735-5926 x104 - jim@boemarine.com

Comment

Might be a stupid question but since I haven't replaced any electronics on my boat and I hope I don't have to, do the manufacturers try to keep the size the same from model to model of similar size?

Comment

Seems like you’ll usually see a generation or two of the same general box design, but then with major redesigns I don’t think they care much for prior holes.

Comment

Working...
              X