ACR Guardian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACR Guardian

BOE / Jim - tried to order an ACR guardian, 4 pack of tags, and an acr multi engine connector on your site. Looks like guardian is back ordered, and I couldn’t find the connector at all.

Questions - when do you expect more guardians in? Do you have any of the multi engine connectors? (Twin yamahas)

I tried to call, Bristol being rained out, but it is Sunday!

Thanks!

ACR has a part called 2990 that will do what you need. I have not seen it make the price list yet though, so not sure if it is even being made yet. We hope to have some Guardians by mid April. Taking backorders now https://www.boemarine.com/acr-olas-g...rm-system.html

Jim Maier - www.BOEmarine.com - 866-735-5926 x104 - [email protected]

Comment

Thanks for the update. Think I may order it and wait on the multi engine connector for installation. Doesn’t seem like I can find it anywhere right now.

Comment

I see you guys just got some multi engine connectors! Order one of those, guardian, and a 4 pack of tags! You guys ship the free promotional tag too or do I have to go through ACR for that?

Comment

ACR sends the free one.

Jim Maier - www.BOEmarine.com - 866-735-5926 x104 - [email protected]

Comment

Thanks Jim. I’ll post up how the I stall goes.

Comment

It all arrived today, thanks for the quick delivery.

Read instructions and looked at wiring. Seems pretty straight forward..... with one question!

I have twin yamahas. On the back of the kill switch there are 4 wires, paired as two black/white pairs. My assumption is the black is ground, leaving the white as the ‘signal’ wire. That’s ACR terminology.

Comment

Got it all installed today. I’d say it took me about 3 hours at a ‘I have nothing else to do today’ pace.

so I purchased the guardian, plus another 4 pack of fob’s, and a multi engine connector.

Had to buy a few extra bits and pieces.

And a pic of tools used.

Comment

The control button and cable where simple enough. 1/8” pilot hole then widen to 3/4”. Used the dremmel to clean up and widen the inner part so the plastic sleeved nut fit into hole from back.

Comment

And then building the wire harness.

I removed the existing kill switch so I could do the wiring not on the boat.

the kill switch was wired with snap connectors which I removed and replaced, adding in the multi engine connector wires.

Comment

That whole mess (multi engine connector and kill switch). Then connects to power and control cable IAW the Yamaha diagram in instructions (purple not used).

Also added additional wire for power connections. Happened to have an open fused spot on a distribution panel. 3A fuse and disconnects and all ready to go back in boat (after some heat gun work).

Comment

Last item was to reinstall the kill switch, connect the control button cable and power cable to the ‘box’ and mount it.

Comment

Tested, works as advertised. The ‘alarm’ unfortunately is in a high frequency range I just can’t hear anymore. However you can set all fob’s to act as kill switches if they go overboard. Tough to miss that!

As a bonus, there is a ‘solo’ mode that sends a text to a number of your choosing with coordinates where you went over. Can also set a delay, ie reasonable amount of time to self rescue. Feature works through an app on your phone, so outside cell phone range it’s inop.

Comment

Very nicely done!
                            Sanibel FL
                            Axopar 28 Cabin, 2 x 200 Merc 3.4L V6

Comment

• AboutTime2Fish
                              AboutTime2Fish commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thank you, hopefully helps someone else make their install.

Forgot to mention, if using while connected (via Bluetooth) to your phone, your phone will also alarm with whatever noise you want to assign to that app.

Now just waiting on my ‘Spring Deal’ promotion from ACR for another fob. That will put me at 6 which should be sufficient.

Comment

Working...
                            X