'Old' Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Old' Guns

Anyone else into the 'old' guns? I once went to a North-South Skirmish Association black powdah shoot where everyone but me was dressed either as a Reb or a Yank. Heck, that's 'modern' guns to me, circa 1870s LOL!

Well I was in my homemade wool and linen clothing looking like an extra from The Last of the Mohicans, toting along with my flintlock smoothbore musket. And boy ... were they ever PISSED off when I was ringing the gongs with a rocklock that has no rear sight by the way.

Anyway, I like the 'old' stuff and this one is about the oldest. It is a shootable replica of the bronze 62-caliber 'hand gonne' that was found in the bottom of the well at the Tannenberg Castle, which fell and was sieged in 1390s, so this likely dates to the later half of the 1300s. In use it is mounted on a 6' long oak staff, to then use like a pike after the shot. To say it turns heads at the range would be an understatement ...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BP, 62-cal Tannenberg Hand Gonne circa 13xx.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	93915

Attached Files
    Life is too short for an ugly boat!

I was going to respond "yes" till I got past your first paragraph. The "old" stuff I have is nearly as modern as cell phones to you.

What the heck do you stuff in that 62 cal to fire it off? Please tell me you can post video of you firing that beast?
    Bob

S Central PA

Comment

Originally posted by duckfish View Post
      I was going to respond "yes" till I got past your first paragraph. The "old" stuff I have is nearly as modern as cell phones to you.

What the heck do you stuff in that 62 cal to fire it off? Please tell me you can post video of you firing that beast?
      Yes, I would like to see that. Pretty please.

Engine Sales and Service
      Ph +1 954.463.1515
      Fx +1
      Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
      www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

I have several old firearms.. I will take some pictures and post..
        As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
        2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
        2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
        Mobile, Al.
        Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Working...
        X