Hurricanes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FJB and DOCTOR Jill are coming to Fort Myers Beach today. As a result, FAA and Secret Service have restricted the airspace for ~4 hours this afternoon, as well as restrictions on the water. That means NO drone or civilian helo flights can happen in those areas, which have been constant each day all day. We had a drone out to our street yesterday (by boat, via the beach) to shoot pics of some of the houses. He was going out to do others today, but probably can't now. It's a LONG and dangerous ride now from upper Cape Coral out to the beach, so they'll have to pass through somewhere. All of the closer ramps have been taken over by government services for rescue, etc. It took him ~14 hrs there and back yesterday.

    FJB is such a dumb azzzz, please stay home we don't need you. Ron DeSantis is supposed to be on the island today as well, making the bridge repair announcement which is being done by FDOT, NOT by the feds. You, sir, are more than welcome on our island.
    Sanibel FL
    2015 Sea Ray 410 Sundancer "Someday"

    Comment


    • Originally posted by TomS View Post
      FJB and DOCTOR Jill are coming to Fort Myers Beach today. As a result, FAA and Secret Service have restricted the airspace for ~4 hours this afternoon, as well as restrictions on the water. That means NO drone or civilian helo flights can happen in those areas, which have been constant each day all day. We had a drone out to our street yesterday (by boat, via the beach) to shoot pics of some of the houses. He was going out to do others today, but probably can't now. It's a LONG and dangerous ride now from upper Cape Coral out to the beach, so they'll have to pass through somewhere. All of the closer ramps have been taken over by government services for rescue, etc. It took him ~14 hrs there and back yesterday.

      FJB is such a dumb azzzz, please stay home we don't need you. Ron DeSantis is supposed to be on the island today as well, making the bridge repair announcement which is being done by FDOT, NOT by the feds. You, sir, are more than welcome on our island.
      Yes, I saw DeSantis yesterday say that even if he needed to have a temporary bridge spans brought in by the military, he would.
      As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
      2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
      2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
      Mobile, Al.
      Dauphin Island, Al.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by KMac View Post

        Yes, I saw DeSantis yesterday say that even if he needed to have a temporary bridge spans brought in by the military, he would.
        Well it's interesting that it's FDOT and not Army Corps. No doubt they'll be involved, holding up the process as Feds are prone to do.
        Sanibel FL
        2015 Sea Ray 410 Sundancer "Someday"

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TomS View Post

          Well it's interesting that it's FDOT and not Army Corps. No doubt they'll be involved, holding up the process as Feds are prone to do.
          Well, he controls the Florida National Guard. He may go that route, at least temporarily.
          As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
          2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
          2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
          Mobile, Al.
          Dauphin Island, Al.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by KMac View Post

            Well, he controls the Florida National Guard. He may go that route, at least temporarily.
            We have ~60 Florida National Guard on the island today protecting our property.
            Sanibel FL
            2015 Sea Ray 410 Sundancer "Someday"

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TomS View Post

              We have ~60 Florida National Guard on the island today protecting our property.
              I heard him say they were ferrying workers (power, roads, etc..) onto Sanibel by Chinooks.. LOL.. No wonder Biden can't stand him.. He gets things done.

              On a side note, did you see him just destroy that little black female from CNN? She tried to corner him on "lack of response" and/or waiting too long, and he simply stated, "well, where was your organization located? These things change, and that is what happened."
              As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
              2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
              2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
              Mobile, Al.
              Dauphin Island, Al.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by KMac View Post

                I heard him say they were ferrying workers (power, roads, etc..) onto Sanibel by Chinooks.. LOL.. No wonder Biden can't stand him.. He gets things done.

                On a side note, did you see him just destroy that little black female from CNN? She tried to corner him on "lack of response" and/or waiting too long, and he simply stated, "well, where was your organization located? These things change, and that is what happened."
                He is brilliant and quick on his feet.
                Sanibel FL
                2015 Sea Ray 410 Sundancer "Someday"

                Comment


                • Son in law is Duke lineman, St. Pete. Been working crazy hours here. Is headed to Sanibel in 3 weeks, to work a 21-day stint, relieving the first set of guys from their 21 days. He said that they expect to drive their line trucks onto the island over the causeway.

                  The first group sleeps in their trucks. He's hoping they'll have something better by the time he gets there, but he's spent plenty of storms with the truck as his hotel room.

                  These guys kick ass.

                  Comment


                  • ---
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221006-234843_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	625.3 KB
ID:	172745
                    Engine Sales and Service
                    Ph +1 954.463.1515
                    Fx +1
                    954.463.4904
                    Toll Free: 800.622.6747

                    [email protected]
                    www.parkeryacht.com

                    Comment


                    • A bit late in on this, but it sure seems like it was bad, good luck to everyone, keep safe and best wishes from "down under"

                      Comment


                      • The only grocery store on Pine Island is the Publix

                        Comment


                        • finsleft258
                          finsleft258 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You're forgetting about the Winn-Dixie that has been there for decades. The Publix is recent. The Winn-Dixie opened almost immediately after the storm.

                      • There was one benefit from the IAN. The lobster walk after the storm was like I something I have never seen. You could go off the beach in about 10 feet of water and get your limit in about 20 minutes with a net.I talked to a commercial guy that got 800 yesterday just scooping them up.

                        Comment


                        • Strange.
                          Interesting.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	174192 Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	174193
                          Engine Sales and Service
                          Ph +1 954.463.1515
                          Fx +1
                          954.463.4904
                          Toll Free: 800.622.6747

                          [email protected]
                          www.parkeryacht.com

                          Comment


                          • Yeah both models have lows coming over southern florida around monday tuesday. I highly doubt any real formation of anything above a extra tropical low or a depression. All is Ok. Gonna be windy as hell. Pretty big swell underlying the Victory at sea conditions. Beach erosion I am sure will be talked about on the news as always during such events.

                            Comment


                            • Here is the 5 day forecast.
                              Attached Files

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X