Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, sorry, didn't mean to imply most cops are not OK (I guess it kind of reads like that) it was more aimed at not being afraid to talk to a cop, or worried about a simple gun safe inspection, nothing meant to be offensive.....that's for TOS!

Comment

• Originally posted by noelm View Post
      No, sorry, didn't mean to imply most cops are not OK (I guess it kind of reads like that) it was more aimed at not being afraid to talk to a cop, or worried about a simple gun safe inspection, nothing meant to be offensive.....that's for TOS!
      👍 , no issue.... Believe me, most all cops are ok but there are some I would not talk too definitely..

Comment

• Andy asked how the Classes are rated in PRS.
        Here ya go.
        Classes are assigned based on shooter performance each season and are recalculated prior to the Pro Series Finale. Here are the details from the rules

2.11 Classifications
        In order for shooters to be able to compete with their peers, PRS Series competitors are
        divided into classifications based upon their skill level and performance. The reason for
        the classification system is to have the ability to rank competitors and allow shooters to
        have true peer-to-peer recognition. This allows for goal setting and realistic
        achievement of attainable goals within the sport.
        2.11.1 The classification system is a yearly performance-based system in which
        shooters are classed for the current season based on their year prior season series
        score (not including their finale score). At the end of each season, shooters classes will
        be recalculated according to the classification bracket percentages based on their end
        of season pre-finale series score. The shooter’s end of season total must be comprised
        of three pro series match scores to be included in the class calculations. The shooter
        will retain this classification for the entire next season and compete within this
        classification at the Pro Series Finale (if qualified).
        2.11.2 PRS competitors can achieve a classification of either Pro, Semi-Pro, Marksman,
        or Amateur. Each class consists of a percentage of the total number of affiliated
        shooters, based on the end of season standings not including the finale. Pro shooters,
        for example, will be classified as the top 20% of competitors according to the standings
        after the last Pro Series match of the season. Competitors within the top 55 -79.9% of
        shooters, based on these standings will be classified as Semi-Pro and so on.
        2.11.3 PRO Series Classification Bracket Percentages:
        Professional – First 20%
        Semi-Professional – Next 25%
        Marksman – Next 25%
        Amateur – Remaining shooters (approx. 30%)
        2.11.4 Percentages are broken down from the total number of shooters, based on
        yearly standings.
        2.11.5 The number of shooters included in each class will be rounded up or down to the
        nearest whole number. Tied shooters who fall into 2 separate classes based on the
        percentages will be classed up into the higher class. The “classed up shooters” former
        positions will remain unfilled in the lower class.
        2.11.6 MD’s recognition of the top shooter in each class at their Pro Series matches is
        required. This requires MDs to collect class information during registration process. The
        top shooter in class must be recognized in a similar method to the PRS Categories.
        2.11.7 Regional Series implementation will take place when each region hits a 400-500
        shooter threshold.
        2.11.8 Top shooters within each classification will be afforded the opportunity to attend
        the PRS Pro Series finale, fostering growth and encouraging participation at all levels.
        2.11.9 Shooters with no previous year end of season series score will be titled
        “unclassed” (UNC) for the current season. These “unclassed” shooters will receive a
        classification prior to finale based on the current season series totals and maybe eligible
        for entry into the finale. These shooters must have three pro series scores to be classed
        prior to the finale.
        2.11.10 Upon recalculation of shooter classes each season, if a shooter’s season score
        is in a higher classification bracket, the member will be moved to that class. If the
        shooter’s season score is in a lower classification bracket, they will not be moved to a
        lower class and will retain the highest class they have earned.
        2.11.11 Shooters with a longer PRS score history, that began prior to the institution of
        the classification system, may request to be placed in a class that is representative of
        their series placements in previous years. The member must send a letter stating the
        reasons for reclassification. After the request has been received, the member’s scores
        will be checked to see whether there are any recent scores that indicate the member is
        properly classified. If the request is granted, the class will be updated on the website.
        The PRS reserves the right to place a shooter in an appropriate class, based on their
        score history in previous years, even without a request from the shooter.

Engine Sales and Service
        Ph +1 954.463.1515
        Fx +1
        Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
        www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• Remington Firearms, the country’s oldest gun manufacturer, will be moving its headquarters from Ilion, New York, to Georgia, the company announced Monday.

Comment

• ^^^^ Can't LIKE THAT ENOUGH !!!! Glad to see gun and accessory manufacturers taking their money and going to places that embrace them

Comment

• Tiretyme
              Tiretyme commented
              Editing a comment
              Amen to that!
              Surprise they didn’t slip over to redneck Alabama, we would’ve loved to have them!!
              Or Texas
              We got a lot of car manufacturers over last 25 years

• Rossi Circut Judge Revolver Rifle | Sportsman's Warehouse (sportsmans.com)

5 shot revolver rifle .410, thoughts?
            This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties either expressed, written or implied and confers no rights.
            You assume all risk for your use. The author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner's acting ability.

Comment

• blaster
              blaster commented
              Editing a comment
              Better options for $600.

• LFBB
              LFBB commented
              Editing a comment
              Was looking for comments on the gun, not the price. But your point is not overlooked

• Some stuff today.
            The .300wm needs some dialing in. Haven't shot that in awhile.
            the Altus 6.5cm did fine. #6 was my fault.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211113_090942.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	143124
            Engine Sales and Service
            Ph +1 954.463.1515
            Fx +1

[email protected]
            www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• DaleH
              DaleH commented
              Editing a comment
              That's awesome! Now ... where you said #6 was your fault, did you "call it?" Like saying to yourself 'low left'? That's the best tip/technique I ever learned from my 200-yard offhand shooting, knowing exactly 'where' your front sight or scope reticle is (remember ... do focus on them, NOT the target!) or was at the break of the trigger and follow through, and maintain your form/stance all the way through the recoil and recovery.

Tight groups!

• Tori/Tizzle was there.
            She can shoot with the big boys.
            Can I say that here?
            Boys?
            Or does it have to be gender neutral.
            Engine Sales and Service
            Ph +1 954.463.1515
            Fx +1

[email protected]
            www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• Tiretyme
              Tiretyme commented
              Editing a comment
              You can say anything you want, and pls don’t change.
              #No Woke BoB

• Jim's thread on R/C botes got me thinking.
            Why can't you use a drone to film L/D target shooting?
            Either fly it out there and land or just have it hover?
            Engine Sales and Service
            Ph +1 954.463.1515
            Fx +1

[email protected]
            www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
            Jim's thread on R/C botes got me thinking.
            Why can't you use a drone to film L/D target shooting?
            Either fly it out there and land or just have it hover?
            That seems like it would work , but a Go Pro would be cheaper , wouldn't it ? On a tri pod with a shield ? Or another cheap phone ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Smitty45 View Post

That seems like it would work , but a Go Pro would be cheaper , wouldn't it ? On a tri pod with a shield ? Or another cheap phone ?
              I have cameras' that work, but that means you have to drive and put them out at 1000, 1300 yrds, some ranges you can't do that.
              Say I was shooting a mile or more, it would be great to fly the drone out, set it down and film away.
              No?
              Engine Sales and Service
              Ph +1 954.463.1515
              Fx +1

[email protected]
              www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• Smitty45
                Smitty45 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah , I didn't see the big picture , but yes , that should work .
                Disclaimer , I know nothing about drones.
                Or , long range shooting , obviously , LOL

• Sans Peur
                Sans Peur commented
                Editing a comment
                You would not have to set it down. My drone will hover in place and never move. Let go of the controls and it just stops and stays there.
                If the battery gets low or it loses contact with the controller it Flys back and lands exactly where it took off from.

• Curious if anyone has tried doing this with a .22?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MOZpy55U-jY

It is tedious but certainly could come in handy in some situations. I can attest though, regular 40 grain ammo is better for hunting squirrels. The pellets make too much trauma in the meat.
              2010 Sea Ray 205 Boston Whaler dauntless 15 W/75 merc 14' Shakespeare Wondercraft W/Merc110 17' Gheenoe W/Johnson 4.5 Other assorted watercraft

Comment

• Originally posted by blaster View Post
                Curious if anyone has tried doing this with a .22?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MOZpy55U-jY

It is tedious but certainly could come in handy in some situations. I can attest though, regular 40 grain ammo is better for hunting squirrels. The pellets make too much trauma in the meat.
                Never even thought about that. Works though.
                As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
                2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
                2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
                Mobile, Al.
                Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

• I'm learning.
                  Went to Manatee Gun and Archery Club for their monthly bench rest Gong match.
                  600 yards 5" gong. 5 rounds of 5 shits for a total of 25 shots. Was windy today.
                  This was my group of shooters. I am the only shooter with a bi-pod and a bag. Not true bench rest.
                  Best today was 22 hits.
                  I hit 12. Shoulda done better. Click image for larger version  Name:	20211120_095602.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.71 MB ID:	143969
                  Attached Files
                  Engine Sales and Service
                  Ph +1 954.463.1515
                  Fx +1

[email protected]
                  www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
                    I'm learning.
                    Went to Manatee Gun and Archery Club for their monthly bench rest Gong match.
                    600 yards 5" gong. 5 rounds of 5 shits for a total of 25 shots. Was windy today.
                    This was my group of shooters. I am the only shooter with a bi-pod and a bag. Not true bench rest.
                    Best today was 22 hits.
                    I hit 12. Shoulda done better. Click image for larger version Name:	20211120_095602.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.71 MB ID:	143969
                    Pretty dang sporty if you ask me.. That's a heck of a shot.. 1800 feet.. In the wind..
                    As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
                    2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
                    2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
                    Mobile, Al.
                    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

• DaleH
                      DaleH commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Consider this ...steepen the angle of the bipods and lower correspondingly ... if you notice unknown cause verticle stringing, as that 'wide' stance could give you 'too much bounce'. Typically the feet are just forward of the mount. Also note bipods WILL behave/respond differently when shot off concrete vs. grass. vs. dirt vs wood bench top.

Like Ryan Cleckner, I gave up on bipods and switched out to a bag or that 'X-shaped bag cradle where each leg of the X is a different height so I get 4 heights in one, for when needed.

• Parker Yacht
                      Parker Yacht commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,
                      Depending on whom you listen too, and if you do, the "advice" is different. Doesn't matter if it's a bote, a bipod or a woman.
                      On the bi-pod front, some people say leave them like that and "load them", some don't.
                      Almost all bipods I have are short, or low, and when they stand straight, then they are to tall and I have to raise my stool a fair amount. If I cant the legs out, then they are too low. Least wise for what bench shooting I have done.
                      My vertical seems to be ok. This go around was wide as the wind was pushing right to left.
                      My Atlas I run straight up. This is a Billion $$$ MDT Cyke, I would not do it again, but, it can achieve any position, then I have to tighten it after each match. On matches I use a bag for the front sometimes, but not rear support. Those shots are iffy for me.
                  Working...
                  X