Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Ole , or anybody for that matter , if you were going to build a rifle for long distance shooting , what caliber would you choose ?

I have a carbon fiber chassis I bought for my 7 mm mag , an XLR , and I can buy a Savage 110 action with a Criterion barrel for about a $1000 from Northland shooter . Or a Shilen barrel .
    I'm not using the chassis on the 7mm , so I thought I might as well build a gun , right ?

What are your thoughts ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Smitty45 View Post
    So Ole , or anybody for that matter , if you were going to build a rifle for long distance shooting , what caliber would you choose ?

I have a carbon fiber chassis I bought for my 7 mm mag , an XLR , and I can buy a Savage 110 action with a Criterion barrel for about a $1000 from Northland shooter . Or a Shilen barrel .
    I'm not using the chassis on the 7mm , so I thought I might as well build a gun , right ?

What are your thoughts ?
    Define Long distance-----.
    Engine Sales and Service
    Ph +1 954.463.1515
    Fx +1
    Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
    www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post

Define Long distance-----.
    500-600 ? Maybe a 1000 ?

Comment

500-600 ? Maybe a 1000 ?
      I think a .308 is still a sexy round, it can do 500-600 just fine, even 1000, but, it kinda lobs in there and kicks your shoulder doing it.
      A 6.5CM will do it just fine also, but flatter and not kick your shoulder as much.
      Are you plinking steel? Or taking something out? A .308 will take something out at 500-600 yards, a 6.5CM not as much, but it will plink just fine.
      Both are available over the counter with a good option of different grains.
      Engine Sales and Service
      Ph +1 954.463.1515
      Fx +1

[email protected]
      www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

I think a .308 is still a sexy round, it can do 500-600 just fine, even 1000, but, it kinda lobs in there and kicks your shoulder doing it.
        A 6.5CM will do it just fine also, but flatter and not kick your shoulder as much.
        Are you plinking steel? Or taking something out? A .308 will take something out at 500-600 yards, a 6.5CM not as much, but it will plink just fine.
        Both are available over the counter with a good option of different grains.
        Strictly target , I have a 7mm Rem Mag for hunting , two actually , but it has too much recoil for a day at the range .
        I have a .243 for pigs and varmits , plus a AR15 .

What about a 6mm Creedmoor with a muzzle brake ? Will it go 1000 yards ? Accurately ? I'm thinking less recoil but still have the reach ?

Comment

• You should come down to PB FWC

Comment

• Originally posted by Tori645 View Post
            You should come down to PB FWC
            When do they expect to have the 200 yard range open ?
            But I will come down , I'm going hunting this weekend and next week , but maybe after that . I think it's actually closer to me than Okeechobee .
            Let me know next time you're going , please ?

Comment

What about a 6mm Creedmoor with a muzzle brake ? Will it go 1000 yards ? Accurately ? I'm thinking less recoil but still have the reach ?
              Yup.
              People shoot it in PRS all day long.

Engine Sales and Service
              Ph +1 954.463.1515
              Fx +1

[email protected]
              www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

When do they expect to have the 200 yard range open ?
                But I will come down , I'm going hunting this weekend and next week , but maybe after that . I think it's actually closer to me than Okeechobee .
                Let me know next time you're going , please ?
                Or, Tori Tizzle and I can come up to OkeechOOOObeee one day. They have a 300 yrd, right?
                Engine Sales and Service
                Ph +1 954.463.1515
                Fx +1

[email protected]
                www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Or, Tori Tizzle and I can come up to OkeechOOOObeee one day. They have a 300 yrd, right?
                  Either way I'd love to shoot with you guys .
                  I've only shot 100/200 yard at Okeechobee . I think it was you that said it was 200 dollars to shoot the 500 yard range , and you had to qualify some how ?

Comment

• I just checked their web site , it's $100 for a all day pass on the 500 yrd range , you have to pre register and I don't know what days would be available , but I'm game for that too .

Comment

• My son got notification today that his gun safe is going to be inspected tomorrow, they do random checks to make sure guns and ammo are stored in accordance with the gun license laws.

Comment

• Originally posted by noelm View Post
                        My son got notification today that his gun safe is going to be inspected tomorrow, they do random checks to make sure guns and ammo are stored in accordance with the gun license laws.
                        Schett, that would a mess up here.
                        At least he got warning.
                        Engine Sales and Service
                        Ph +1 954.463.1515
                        Fx +1

[email protected]
                        www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• They usually give you about 24 hrs notice or reschedule if you're not going to be home. It's pretty simple really, the safe has to be bolted in at least 4 places, (I think) all your registered guns MUST be locked inside, the ammunition is to be locked separately and keys cannot be left in the lock, kind of obvious in a way, his is all OK, but he double checked....just to be sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by noelm View Post
                          They usually give you about 24 hrs notice or reschedule if you're not going to be home. It's pretty simple really, the safe has to be bolted in at least 4 places, (I think) all your registered guns MUST be locked inside, the ammunition is to be locked separately and keys cannot be left in the lock, kind of obvious in a way, his is all OK, but he double checked....just to be sure.
                          Which communist state is this? That is 1000 percent BS..

Comment

Working...
                          X