Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tori645
    commented on 's reply
    out of stock. those are the folks that sent my item fedex/usps..

• AboutTime2Fish
    replied
    https://grabagun.com/win-usa-9mm-115...-100-1000.html

Leave a comment:

• Parker Yacht
    replied
    I will say this about gun folk.
    They are tender and fiesty.
    They put stuff up for sale, used. (And I don't care how many times its been shot, how long its been a safe queen, how well it's been torqued, etc) it's used.
    It's listed for what you can buy new for, I offer %15 less than ask and they get indignant.
    Now I'm sure these are the same folk offering me 50% less or more on stuff I sell for botes.
    Dang----.

Leave a comment:

• Parker Yacht
    replied
    Originally posted by DaleH View Post
    A zero stop shouldn't have prevented you from being on paper and really won't do anything for your ballistics, less it lets you know 'where you were'. But if sighted in at 100, you should have been within an inch or so. FWIW a neat trick for the 5.56mm, aperture sights or a reddot, is to sight in @ 50Y, putting you < 1/2" high at 100 and ~2-1/2" or less low at 200Y. One easy to set setting ... gets you 'on' at any range you likely need to engage.

Less for a precision scope/use, then sure ...go for whatever sight-in use you need. I always sight in at 200Y and then set a zero stop if equipped, less keep a DOPE book (where dope = Data On Previous Engagements, in case you didn't know the term).

FYI, if new to long range shooting, look up Ryan Cleckner's book "Long Range Shooting Handbook: A Beginner's Guide to Precision Rifle Shooting", < $20 on Ebay ... don't buy from Amazon, as Bezos doesn't need any more ca$h! Ryan is arguable THE BEST instructor on any topic that I have ever read or watched or listened to ... so clear and succinct in his explanations and choice of words! Plus he also has a series of excellent series of long range shooting videos on the National Shooting Sports Foundation and his own YouTube video channels.
    Click image for larger version Name:	LR-Book.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.8 KB ID:	94253
    It did when I was messing around with the turret and got lost.
    I planned on changing to 200 after I got it figured out, leave the short barreled "unsophisticated" guns at 100 and the longer babies at 200.
    Will do on the book and videos, thank you and totally agree on Bozos.

Leave a comment:

• DaleH
    replied
    Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
    I "zero'd" the scope on the original Ruger 5.56 I got, what I did not do was set "zero stop" on it, so when I went to the 200, I couldn't even find paper, so, back to the 100.
    A zero stop shouldn't have prevented you from being on paper and really won't do anything for your ballistics, less it lets you know 'where you were'. But if sighted in at 100, you should have been within an inch or so. FWIW a neat trick for the 5.56mm, aperture sights or a reddot, is to sight in @ 50Y, putting you < 1/2" high at 100 and ~2-1/2" or less low at 200Y. One easy to set setting ... gets you 'on' at any range you likely need to engage.

Less for a precision scope/use, then sure ...go for whatever sight-in use you need. I always sight in at 200Y and then set a zero stop if equipped, less keep a DOPE book (where dope = Data On Previous Engagements, in case you didn't know the term).

FYI, if new to long range shooting, look up Ryan Cleckner's book "Long Range Shooting Handbook: A Beginner's Guide to Precision Rifle Shooting", < $20 on Ebay ... don't buy from Amazon, as Bezos doesn't need any more ca$h! Ryan is arguable THE BEST instructor on any topic that I have ever read or watched or listened to ... so clear and succinct in his explanations and choice of words! Plus he also has a series of excellent series of long range shooting videos on the National Shooting Sports Foundation and his own YouTube video channels.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	LR-Book.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.8 KB ID:	94253

Leave a comment:

Working...
X