Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post

Nice shooting.
    Sorry I wasn't to talkative. I was stressing out. And that place was busy.
    The handgun side was interesting also.
    But. We made it through and no one got hurt.
    Interesting day.
    At least they didn't take out any of the overhead beams(while i was there) or pull the trigger once and wm away.

Comment

Nice shooting.
      Sorry I wasn't to talkative. I was stressing out. And that place was busy.
      The handgun side was interesting also.
      But. We made it through and no one got hurt.
      Interesting day.
      What were you stressed about?

Click image for larger version

Name:	48D504D8-97BF-4EDF-86D7-B5B796E4D8B2.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	120182
      As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
      2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
      2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
      Mobile, Al.
      Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

• Originally posted by KMac View Post

What were you stressed about?

Name:	48D504D8-97BF-4EDF-86D7-B5B796E4D8B2.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	120182
        I took my two brothers to the range.
        So between dealing and listening to the Political aspect of that, I also had to remember they know nothing about guns, and the range was busy.
        Plus, getting there, on time, in two cars. (And explaining why there is no room in my car). They (The brothers and wives, had a huddle about not mentioning Trumps name at the range), I said the Trump sticker I put on the MB SUV took care of that for them, they actually almost believed me.
        It was good.
        But, so very hard to see two totally different views on a subject or subjects, and they truly won't try to listen not only to reason but facts.
        My one brother knows about 2 amendment and agrees, but gets lost on gun control and how to enforce it. (His wife (Whom I love) still is on "the science".
        The other brother wants to "fix" why people are leaving the city, I said corruption, he wants specifics.
        I went off tangent and mentioned AOC, corruption and time. He didn't want to take that bet.
        I mentioned the "swamp".
        And, they all pretty well agreed AOC is nuts.
        Interesting weekend.
        Engine Sales and Service
        Ph +1 954.463.1515
        Fx +1
        Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
        www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

So between dealing and listening to the Political aspect of that, I also had to remember they know nothing about guns, and the range was busy.
          Plus, getting there, on time, in two cars. (And explaining why there is no room in my car). They (The brothers and wives, had a huddle about not mentioning Trumps name at the range), I said the Trump sticker I put on the MB SUV took care of that for them, they actually almost believed me.
          It was good.
          But, so very hard to see two totally different views on a subject or subjects, and they truly won't try to listen not only to reason but facts.
          My one brother knows about 2 amendment and agrees, but gets lost on gun control and how to enforce it. (His wife (Whom I love) still is on "the science".
          The other brother wants to "fix" why people are leaving the city, I said corruption, he wants specifics.
          I went off tangent and mentioned AOC, corruption and time. He didn't want to take that bet.
          I mentioned the "swamp".
          Interesting weekend.
          It's an interesting thing to witness, when you have intelligent, very intelligent people who refuse to accept FACTS and data. I once had an "exchange" with a HUGE liberal here at work. Everyone knew he was a liberal and everyone ALSO knew that he was an aggressive, belligerent and hateful guy, with the way he said and did things, when he disagreed with you. He had a child married to an illegal, so he had NO time for legal immigration discussions. He also had a gay son, so he couldn't stand people who "were hateful", although he is the one that would ask your stance on the subject. If you answered with anything other than glowing support for gays, you were a bigot, homophobe, etc. Man, that dude would get irate. If you said, "Mike, lets not discuss it". He then would hound you and you were a closet bigot. LOL.

Anyway, one day we were discussing the amount of money our country spends on welfare (income tested) and he was spouting the typical liberal nonsense. "We spend more money on military than we do entitlement programs".. "We spend <1% on welfare". He was/is wrong. So, instead of arguing with him, I went to the CBO.GOV website and printed the last 10 years of budgets. The spending on welfare had risen dramatically under Bush, from Clinton. Anyway, he looked at it and then threw it back at me. Literally. This was a highly educated man. Said, "That is nonsense and wrong". I asked; what is, Mike? He replied; "The numbers. Our budget is 21 trillion dollars." he continued with a curse laden string of stupidity. I calmly said, "Mike, I think you are confusing GDP with our budget". My word, he went off the rails after that.

His face turned beet red and and he started screaming. Spitting while he was screaming. The veins were popping out all over his face, I mean this guy was absolutely furious. I'll never forget what he said: "You G** D*** bunch of F****** slobber knocking C*** S******.. Y'all are the dumbest P***** of S*** I have ever seen. Just dumb A** robots". "Believe every F****** thing you read".

I calmly said, Mike, the CBO is nonpartisan and you need to calm down before you have a stroke. He was cussing me as I walked away.

He was also the biggest hypocrite alive. He was "old" money in this area. Lived on the water here. A place he inherited from his parents. He was "set" for life. He was BIG into the environment, as long as it was you who had to change. He had no interest in doing without any of his amenities, but you sure should. He truly was an arrogant, hateful human being. He got fired eventually.
          Mobile, Al.
          Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

• Originally posted by KMac View Post
            He was BIG into the environment, as long as it was you who had to change. He had no interest in doing without any of his amenities, but you sure should
            Amen, Amen my patriot brother ... ain't that the truth?
            Life is too short for an ugly boat!

Comment

• Originally posted by DaleH View Post

Amen, Amen my patriot brother ... ain't that the truth?
              Yep.. The hypocrisy knows no bounds.
              Mobile, Al.
              Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

It was good.
                I mentioned the "swamp".
                Interesting weekend.
                Nice job juggling with the family.
                Might wanna be careful with family opinion differences, AT A GUN RANGE!!!πŸ€ͺ
                Thinking 34’ Fountain TE w/ trip 300’s
                Or Possibly 33’ or 36’ Frontrunner
                Got to get with Prop next week

Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiretyme View Post

Nice job juggling with the family.
                  Might wanna be careful with family opinion differences, AT A GUN RANGE!!!πŸ€ͺ
                  X2 or at least wear a vest .
                  Small town S. W. Ga./St. James Fl.

Comment

• Match on Sat, it's not getting easier. This one was tough as it was a beautiful day at JTAC Ranch, clear, light winds, then got warm with shiftly winds. Between the mirage and wind shifts, it was tough. The berms would hold the booolitts for the first 400 yards, then the winds played hell.
                    39th out of 50.
                    Driving around the state. Samll town Florida is fun. ate at the Reef and Beef in Arcadia, a REAL salad bar. Good local plain food.
                    The Walmart is Arcadia is out of this world.
                    There are a TON of people on the roads.
                    EVERYONE is hiring.
                    Fog to start at TradeCraft, then on to JTAC Ranch.

Name:	20210522_065750.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	120659

Name:	20210523_083329.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	120658

Name:	20210523_083404.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	120660

Engine Sales and Service
                    Ph +1 954.463.1515
                    Fx +1

[email protected]
                    www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Match on Sat, it's not getting easier. This one was tough as it was a beautiful day at JTAC Ranch, clear, light winds, then got warm with shiftly winds. Between the mirage and wind shifts, it was tough. The berms would hold the booolitts for the first 400 yards, then the winds played hell.
                      39th out of 50.
                      Driving around the state. Samll town Florida is fun. ate at the Reef and Beef in Arcadia, a REAL salad bar. Good local plain food.
                      EVERYONE is hiring.

Name:	20210522_065750.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	120659

Name:	20210523_083329.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	120658

Name:	20210523_083404.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	120660

Keep plugging along..
                      Mobile, Al.
                      Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Match on Sat, it's not getting easier. This one was tough as it was a beautiful day at JTAC Ranch, clear, light winds, then got warm with shiftly winds. Between the mirage and wind shifts, it was tough. The berms would hold the booolitts for the first 400 yards, then the winds played hell.
                        39th out of 50.
                        EVERYONE is hiring.
                        So I know absolutely nothing about shooting, just have never done it myself. Is getting "good" at match shooting such as this akin to the same for golf? That is, the ONLY way to be really good at golf it is to do it ALL the time, hours, days, weeks of repetition of the same shots over and over?

Sanibel FL
                        Axopar 28 Cabin, 2 x 200 Merc 3.4L V6

Comment

• Originally posted by TomS View Post
                          So I know absolutely nothing about shooting, just have never done it myself. Is getting "good" at match shooting such as this akin to the same for golf? That is, the ONLY way to be really good at golf it is to do it ALL the time, hours, days, weeks of repetition of the same shots over and over?
                          Yup.
                          And, like Guuuulf, getting to 10-20 over is easy, it's the rest that takes the skill.
                          Butt, stay away from the "snowmen" in guulf or "0"'s in shooting and you can get there. the (0)'s kill ya.
                          Engine Sales and Service
                          Ph +1 954.463.1515
                          Fx +1

[email protected]
                          www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

And, like Guuuulf, getting to 10-20 over is easy
                            Phhttttt...... say who???

When I dabbled in that wretched game, just as a way to spend some time with my dad, I struggled to get to 40 - 50 over.

Screw that stupid little white ball. I'll stick to shootin stuff.

Bob

S Central PA

Comment

• Originally posted by duckfish View Post

Phhttttt...... say who???

When I dabbled in that wretched game, just as a way to spend some time with my dad, I struggled to get to 40 - 50 over.

Screw that stupid little white ball. I'll stick to shootin stuff.
                              They have Frezsbi Golf, I'm thinking Shooting Golf. But the lil Bastid on a big T and we bang it around a course.
                              Engine Sales and Service
                              Ph +1 954.463.1515
                              Fx +1

[email protected]
                              www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

They have Frezsbi Golf, I'm thinking Shooting Golf. But the lil Bastid on a big T and we bang it around a course.
                                Round here we have a "golf" game that includes empty beer cans, the little pew-pews, a "tee box", and a "green" with just the flag, no hole.

Involves one full mag per player and seeing who can skip the can closest to the pin. Ladies, of course, get to start from the handicapped tee.

Tiz we would have to make play from the men's tee.
                                Bob

S Central PA

Comment

• Tori645
                                  Tori645 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Pffft.. i hardly ever give up an advantage. Specially if "golf" is involved.

• Parker Yacht
                                  Parker Yacht commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Tiz would kick our azz's with her .22LR. That would be a fun game of plinking.

• Tori645
                                  Tori645 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Got a bunch of plinkn stuff..
                                  Went to san Antonio once, way back when, to meet a bunch of guys from IRC i had known for a long time. They arrive in 4 dodge trucks. One 8ft bed was loaded with rifles, clay pigeons etc. We go out to a deer lease. They start having fun. Tried to shoot πŸŒοΈβ€β™‚οΈ balls.hard to do. 🌡took a beating. Pigeons were dust. It was fun
                              Working...
                              X