Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not that I would know of such things but what's green dot running these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam9066 View Post
      Not that I would know of such things but what's green dot running these days.
      Green dot what? Optical? Lasers? Green tip M855 boat tail?
      As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
      2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
      2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
      Mobile, Al.
      Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

• Originally posted by KMac View Post

Green dot what? Optical? Lasers? Green tip M855 boat tail?
        It's powder for reloading. Alliance powders aka red dot green dot ect. tend to be more readily avalible but IMR yields more consistent results. Atleast from what I'm told.

Comment

It's powder for reloading.
          Ah.. Never heard of it.. Had to look it up just now.. $25 a pound. However, not available on any website I saw.
          Mobile, Al.
          Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

• Here ya go Ole
            Get ya one of those 50 calibers

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...00ft-away.html
            Thinking 34’ Fountain TE w/ trip 300’s
            Or Possibly 33’ or 36’ Frontrunner
            Got to get with Prop next week

Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiretyme View Post
              Here ya go Ole
              Get ya one of those 50 calibers

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...00ft-away.html
              That would be nice. :-)))
              Got a couple of more weeks and I will take the .338 out to a mile.
              Shot my little Sig Ar10 today. Damn thing kicks more than the Lapua.
              Engine Sales and Service
              Ph +1 954.463.1515
              Fx +1
              Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
              www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• SIM
                SIM commented
                Editing a comment
                Zombie patrol!

• Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post

Every one I've ever shot kicked like a mule. And LOUD!
              And yet my daughters shot normal hunting style 308's from about 10 YO and thought nothing of it.
              Bob

S Central PA

Comment

• Tori645
                Tori645 commented
                Editing a comment
                i 2nd the LOUD... i was 4ish feet from it

That would be nice. :-)))
              Got a couple of more weeks and I will take the .338 out to a mile.
              That's some good shooting there my brother!!
              When the sheet hits the fan we can go up on your roof and pick’em off
              Thinking 34’ Fountain TE w/ trip 300’s
              Or Possibly 33’ or 36’ Frontrunner
              Got to get with Prop next week

Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiretyme View Post

That's some good shooting there my brother!!
                When the sheet hits the fan we can go up on your roof and pick’em off
                Yea. I can do ok. Pretty fun.

If California is Blue, and has more restrictions that ANY other state, why do most private gun and ammo sales come out of California?
                Engine Sales and Service
                Ph +1 954.463.1515
                Fx +1

[email protected]
                www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• Originally posted by duckfish View Post

Every one I've ever shot kicked like a mule. And LOUD!
                  And yet my daughters shot normal hunting style 308's from about 10 YO and thought nothing of it.
                  I have some others and they don't kick like this.
                  This was my second AR "rifle" purchase while I waited for the first. When I first shot the thing I went W'Ole Foook. My damn shoulder was sore for days.
                  I started buying some others, bolts, 6.5's, etc. Started doing the long rang thing, left the little AR10 in the safe. Apparently the last time I shot it, it was 25yrds.
                  Anyway, took awhile to find 100yrds. But shooting it was more than either the .300 or .338 Lapua.
                  So now I know, If I want to feel like I shot a bunch, take the AR10 to the local indoor range, and fire away. People hear "Boom" shoulder feels "oooooh", ears say "What"?, life is good.
                  Engine Sales and Service
                  Ph +1 954.463.1515
                  Fx +1

[email protected]
                  www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• Has to do with wieght of the fire arm. If you put an AR10 next to a R700 with a bull barrel and shoot them side by side your gona notice the recoil on the ar10 more. But if you hoof both guns through the woods your gonna notice the R700 after a minute.

Personally I have always felt the .338 was over rated. If you look at the military the .308 is the favorite amongst sharp shooters and overwhelming so. Most .338 are match grade built guns which is why they have the reputation they do as where a lot of .308 or choose any popular round guns are mostly sporterized guns. But match grade vs match grade its gonna be about the shooter at a competition not the round.

I'll throw a 5 groove bull barrel .308 up against a .338 any day of the week. I'll go a step further and say after rounds 10 or 11 the bull barrel will continue to be just as accurate as shot 1 where as a tappered barrel will start to loose its grouping.

Comment

Has to do with wieght of the fire arm. If you put an AR10 next to a R700 with a bull barrel and shoot them side by side your gona notice the recoil on the ar10 more. But if you hoof both guns through the woods your gonna notice the R700 after a minute.

Personally I have always felt the .338 was over rated. If you look at the military the .308 is the favorite amongst sharp shooters and overwhelming so. Most .338 are match grade built guns which is why they have the reputation they do as where a lot of .308 or choose any popular round guns are mostly sporterized guns. But match grade vs match grade its gonna be about the shooter at a competition not the round.

I'll throw a 5 groove bull barrel .308 up against a .338 any day of the week. I'll go a step further and say after rounds 10 or 11 the bull barrel will continue to be just as accurate as shot 1 where as a tappered barrel will start to loose its grouping.
                      Methinks you know more than you type.
                      I got the .338 because, well, I could. Then I got the .308's because it could do the same, cheaper at 1000 yrds. At a mile or 2000 yards pretty sure the .338 or .300 will get me there more consistently.
                      I do like the .308 because it does take more skill to get further down range accurately with consistently.
                      Engine Sales and Service
                      Ph +1 954.463.1515
                      Fx +1

[email protected]
                      www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• Small town S. W. Ga./St. James Fl.

Comment

• Do I feel a recession coming on?
                          Gas is up to $3 per.
                          I bought some 6.5cm bullites last week paid $2.25 per rnd, this week they are $3.50 each, pr. And, people are paying it.
                          Engine Sales and Service
                          Ph +1 954.463.1515
                          Fx +1

[email protected]
                          www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Do I feel a recession coming on?
                            Gas is up to $3 per.
                            I bought some 6.5cm bullites last week paid $2.25 per rnd, this week they are $3.50 each, pr. And, people are paying it.
                            It's going to be like the Obama administration, and they know it. They know they can't really jack with the 2nd amendment too much so they do end arounds and attack the ammo producers. They tax and tariff the things they need to make the things we need.. So, the prices go up and the supplies dry up.
                            Mobile, Al.
                            Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Working...
                            X