• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post

All the above.
    I doubt I will carry, but.
    I want one for the office.
    And I want one for the truuuuuuuk.
    Doubt I need one for the apartment, but if sheeeet goes to hell in a handbasket, I have one in the truuuuuk.
    And I don't want to carry them between the two/three.
    What do you have?
    If you are going to leave it in your truck, make sure it is well protected. I used to do this until my truck was broken into and stolen.. I hated to make that call to the police..
    As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
    2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
    2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
    Mobile, Al.
    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Originally posted by KMac View Post

If you are going to leave it in your truck, make sure it is well protected. I used to do this until my truck was broken into and stolen.. I hated to make that call to the police..
      Years ago, back when I was married. Someone "broke into" my house. Stole two guns I had. Police came lickedly split.
      Engine Sales and Service
      Ph +1 954.463.1515
      Fx +1
      Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
      www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Years ago, back when I was married. Someone "broke into" my house. Stole two guns I had. Police came lickedly split.
        I typically didn't leave it in my truck overnight.. This night I did. They rummaged through the truck and found it in the console. The pistol and extra mag.. They left everything else.. Friggin scum bags..
        Mobile, Al.
        Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

I was in BPS in Orlando buying some bottom rods and came out to my truck opened. Apparently with a butter knife you can open an F350 faster than using the key fob. I lost a nice S&W 9mm, my laptop and $1,200 in cash. That had to be one Happy Crack Head.

I now have a steel safe that lines the inside of my console and has a 4 pin lock on it. The next time they are going to be moderately disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty45 View Post
            A new shooter should check out any of the Judge type gun , revolver that shoots a .410 shotgun shell , buckshot is a lot easier to hit the target with , just saying .
            I meant to post this the other day.. My Public Defnder.. Alternating Winchester PDX1 personal defense rounds and Hornady Tactical personal defense rounds.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0026.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.22 MB ID:	85986Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0027.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.02 MB ID:	85987
            Mobile, Al.
            Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

I meant to post this the other day.. My Public Defnder.. Alternating Winchester PDX1 personal defense rounds and Hornady Tactical personal defense rounds.
              Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0026.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.22 MB ID:	85986Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0027.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.02 MB ID:	85987
              That is just a good looking gun , IMO! How accurate is it , with .41 tactical ?

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty45 View Post

That is just a good looking gun , IMO! How accurate is it , with .41 tactical ?
                I think that given what it is, it's very accurate.. Especially at close range.. This is not a 25-30 yard weapon with the personal defense rounds.. This is a good home defense or anti-carjacking weapon. It is VERY impressive at 25 yards with 45 long colt..
                Mobile, Al.
                Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

So, Ole went to a "range" and took a CCW class today.
                  What a surreal experience.
                  I went to the oldest fishing tackle shop in Ft Lauderdale, which is now a gun shop.
                  I saw a price list for "reel repair" that was updated in 2014, the shop and rods and reels had dust from long before that.
                  Went by at 0900, closed, opened at 01100. Back at 01100, and the "instructor" was carrying all sorts of weaponry, (Teo loaded guns and six (6) knives) been to Blackwater training (He will tell you so numerous times during the course) and can take anyone down, right after he has his Heineken.
                  He is, the antithesis of what every gun hater, hates.
                  I asked to rent a gun and shoot. He asked if I have shot before, I said yes, rifles, about 30 years ago. Hands me a Glock, clip, and a box o ammo and points to a door going to the "range".
                  The range dude, says, no water, carry your target, sweet your brass, and bring it all back.
                  Alrightly then. Off we go. I pumped how ever many rounds come in a box, into my target 25' away, and for the most part hit the cardboard, stopping numerous times to unjam the gun.
                  Either I have a limp wrist or that thing has been shot a bunch.
                  By 1300, the place is PACKED. A hole in the wall fishing shop, downtown Ft Lauderdale, packed with people using a 6 lane "range" No a/c.
                  And I mean, African American, Spanish and white folk. More African American in LV facemask than you can shake a stick at.
                  In the class too, 14 of us stacked in a small dark room with a window shaker. What Covid-19. Four hours later after fingerprints and I'm on my way to BPS to "feel a gun".
                  Wrong, four hours to wait to get your number called after you plug it into the Ipad that is long gone because they are filled up for the day.
                  BPS was PACKED.
                  Takeway?
                  I'm thinking Sig Sauer and Heckler and Koch, possibly 45's.
                  Now, where do I buy the darn things, cause it ain't happening at BPS.
                  Engine Sales and Service
                  Ph +1 954.463.1515
                  Fx +1

[email protected]
                  www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

I went to the oldest fishing tackle shop in Ft Lauderdale, which is now a gun shop.
                    I saw a price list for "reel repair" that was updated in 2014, the shop and rods and reels had dust from long before that.
                    Went by at 0900, closed, opened at 01100. Back at 01100, and the "instructor" was carrying all sorts of weaponry, (Teo loaded guns and six (6) knives) been to Blackwater training (He will tell you so numerous times during the course) and can take anyone down, right after he has his Heineken.
                    I asked to rent a gun and shoot. He asked if I have shot before, I said yes, rifles, about 30 years ago. Hands me a Glock, clip, and a box o ammo and points to a door going to the "range".
                    The range dude, says, no water, carry your target, sweet your brass, and bring it all back.
                    Alrightly then. Off we go. I pumped how ever many rounds come in a box, into my target 25' away, and for the most part hit the cardboard, stopping numerous times to unjam the gun.
                    By 1300, the place is PACKED. A hole in the wall fishing shop, downtown Ft Lauderdale, packed with people using a 6 lane "range" No a/c.
                    And I mean, African American, Spanish and white folk. More African American in LV facemask than you can shake a stick at.
                    In the class too, 14 of us stacked in a small dark room with a window shaker. What Covid-19. Four hours later after fingerprints and I'm on my way to BPS to "feel a gun".
                    Wrong, four hours to wait to get your number called after you plug it into the Ipad that is long gone because they are filled up for the day.
                    BPS was PACKED.
                    Takeway?
                    PS: Is there an aftermarket gun, that is as good that will be a fraction of the cost?
                    Engine Sales and Service
                    Ph +1 954.463.1515
                    Fx +1

[email protected]
                    www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

BPS was PACKED.
                      Takeway?
                      I buy from Gunbroker.com and Budsgunshop.com.. If I want to buy in person, I go to a locally owned shop or Academy.. Academy has great prices..
                      Mobile, Al.
                      Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Unless you don’t want the govt knowing what you have...

Comment

There's gun shop/training in downtown wpb right off of Okeechobee Blvd. Not far from kravis center. It was one mentioned in article above.
                          another one off of southern right near turnpike.
                          Ummm... 2 gun shops with easy access to major highways...

Comment

Academy had them on sale for $399.. But, my stores were out of stock.. So, I got mine from Buds Gun Shop.. I paid $439 plus $24 for a lifetime warranty.. I buy a few things here and there from Buds..
                            Dam, that's cheap!

Comment

I don't want a pistol., just home defense. I'm considering something like double barrel .410, home defense cartridge, 18", maybe a couple stashed around the house. Maybe a pump..5-6 shot. I'm not a gun guy, not comfortable around them.

Comment

If you want them for home defense, you should get comfortable with all of them. Let me know if you ever want to hit Lotus or Stuart SC. I will bring a couple you can try out.

Comment

Working...
                                X