Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post

So far, can't find that loving feeling.
    The "Big Box" stores, you are just a number and card.
    - Shoot Straight.
    - Nexus.
    - BPS, don't even think about it.
    - Onlythebest sucked. I was a man ready to buy, was looking at a Dan Wesson for which they had some, guy wanted or could have, but didn't want to spend the time, to sell be an Ed Brown. Talked down to me like I was, a greenhorn, which I am, but, my effin money is green too.
    Can't find a small place that gives a shit that doesn't smell like rat piss. The small place, the one that does my FLL? Mom and pop, he just bought a Sig AR10, high end gun for him. He has no idea of the model number. WTF?

They do have this ammo, not AS cheap as I thought, but they have it, it you want some, let me know and I will pick it up and send to you.
    Is an Ed Brown worth $500 more than a Dan Wesson?
    Dan Wesson Bruin
    or
    Ed Brown Special Forces Black on Black.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200704_100755.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	87956
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200704_100824.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	87957
    Thanks Ole! I got 400 rounds from Freedom. Picked up some 380 online as well. Things are tight. I have quite a few 9mm. I shoot my 380 at least once a month to keep that muscle memory. The gun is snappy and takes getting used to but I am accurate with it. I use it most for carry. The wife is accurate with her Taurus but only goes about every other month. The 9 gets in the rotation about every other month depending on who goes with me. You need to head this way and see what a difference location can make. We can drag Bill and make him buy lunch. BWP can make an appearance. Thanks again for the offer!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ahoy Vay View Post

Thanks Ole! I got 400 rounds from Freedom. Picked up some 380 online as well. Things are tight. I have quite a few 9mm. I shoot my 380 at least once a month to keep that muscle memory. The gun is snappy and takes getting used to but I am accurate with it. I use it most for carry. The wife is accurate with her Taurus but only goes about every other month. The 9 gets in the rotation about every other month depending on who goes with me. You need to head this way and see what a difference location can make. We can drag Bill and make him buy lunch. BWP can make an appearance. Thanks again for the offer!!
      What's accurate?
      What I looking for?
      How many yards ans how many in the rings?

Engine Sales and Service
      Ph +1 954.463.1515
      Fx +1
      Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
      www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• I typically practice at 15-20-25-30’. Regardless of where you hit the target, you want to be consistent (grouping). This tells you that you are doing the same thing every pull. That is good. Then you worry about accuracy. If you are consistent, you can tell what you are doing wrong by where you are hitting the target (assuming proper sight alignment). Almost like a golf pro can watch trajectory and then hone in on a couple things causing it. In all seriousness, you should really take a lesson. They can help immensely and start you with good habits. Took me forever. Gave my son a lesson and listened in. In minutes, I fixed an issue I was having..lol. Accuracy is hard to define. A consistent group on the target close to where you want it. I always ask myself, if that were a person, would I have hit a vital organ? I feel I have to group my shots closer to the intended spot with my 380 than my 9mm based on killing power. Just like engine opinions, there are many on these subjects. My biggest piece of advice I can share if you carry: If you pull it, pull it.

Comment

• I'm headed to Guns and Range Training Center in wpb Monday for training.

Comment

• I can hit paper. Lower left is "normal" for me and I adjust.
            These are 7-9 yrds.
            The waywards are rapid fire, if I take my time I can do ok. I think.
            I haven't shot a handgun in 20-30 years.
            9mm
            40cal
            45cal
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20200704_144439.jpg Views:	1 Size:	56.7 KB ID:	88001Click image for larger version  Name:	20200704_144409.jpg Views:	1 Size:	58.5 KB ID:	87999Click image for larger version  Name:	20200704_144303.jpg Views:	1 Size:	66.9 KB ID:	88000
            Engine Sales and Service
            Ph +1 954.463.1515
            Fx +1

[email protected]
            www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Tori645 View Post
              I'm headed to Guns and Range Training Center in wpb Monday for training.
              I was at Palm Beach Shooting Center last week, they are booked out till August.
              I'll look where Guns and Range Training is.
              Sig has training in NH.
              I was thinking of that since I am not doing the Bahamas this year.
              Engine Sales and Service
              Ph +1 954.463.1515
              Fx +1

[email protected]
              www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

I'm headed to Guns and Range Training Center in wpb Monday for training.
                Nice looking.
                So, when you start chasing guns on the internet, they almost always come back to one place, and at different prices.
                Look at the bottom of the web page, GearFire, and the Guns and Range place is one. The have that Dan Wesson, for $400 over what FranksplaceGuns/Foley's is "selling" for, and they are GearFire also.
                Forking internet.
                Engine Sales and Service
                Ph +1 954.463.1515
                Fx +1

[email protected]
                www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• Yes and more yes for training..

I stay with the pie plate theory.. If I can get all my round in a pie plate area (9"), that is fine.. Center mass. Lungs, heart, etc... With lots of practice, 3" circle pattern.. Head shot..

But, I will throw this out there again; Laser.. If you are truly into personal protection and worried whether or not you could hit the target in real life scenarios, a laser is as close to "point and shoot" there is.. I have a red laser on my Glock 22.. I want a green and will pick one up one day.. Anyway.. I always practice it by just grabbing it and pointing quickly with the laser.. It hits every time..
                  As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
                  2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
                  2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
                  Mobile, Al.
                  Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

• Been to G&T a couple times. Had Mike for instructor.monday is Leo. Don't know him
                    just ordered 400 rounds from Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore. Found them with ammoseek.

Comment

• Originally posted by KMac View Post
                      Yes and more yes for training..

I stay with the pie plate theory.. If I can get all my round in a pie plate area (9"), that is fine.. Center mass. Lungs, heart, etc... With lots of practice, 3" circle pattern.. Head shot..

But, I will throw this out there again; Laser.. If you are truly into personal protection and worried whether or not you could hit the target in real life scenarios, a laser is as close to "point and shoot" there is.. I have a red laser on my Glock 22.. I want a green and will pick one up one day.. Anyway.. I always practice it by just grabbing it and pointing quickly with the laser.. It hits every time..
                      Is a Laser cheating?
                      Part of my issue is I can't see, not the target, but the sights, it right at a bad lenght for me.
                      What's the different between red and green?
                      Engine Sales and Service
                      Ph +1 954.463.1515
                      Fx +1

[email protected]
                      www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Been to G&T a couple times. Had Mike for instructor.monday is Leo. Don't know him
                        just ordered 400 rounds from Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore. Found them with ammoseek.
                        Look into that, PB may be easy than Ft Laud. And, it IS in Trumps backyard.
                        Engine Sales and Service
                        Ph +1 954.463.1515
                        Fx +1

[email protected]
                        www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Is a Laser cheating?
                          Part of my issue is I can't see, not the target, but the sights, it right at a bad lenght for me.
                          What's the different between red and green?
                          Cheating? No such thing when it comes to self defense.

Green is very easy to see in the daylight. Red not so much.
                          As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
                          2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
                          2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
                          Mobile, Al.
                          Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

• Besides LW(hood), southern/turnpike(ok), Okeechobee/West of 95(pawn shop/hood), Okeechobee/east 95(training only/sales), near Pratt n Whitney (FWC, haven't been, reservation)

Comment

• When my eyes got so bad I couldn't read squat without glasses, my serious handgun shooting days ended. IMO a laser is a perfectly acceptable crutch for guys our age and your intended use.
                              Bob

S Central PA

Comment

I can hit paper. Lower left is "normal" for me and I adjust.
                                These are 7-9 yrds.
                                The waywards are rapid fire, if I take my time I can do ok. I think.
                                I haven't shot a handgun in 20-30 years.
                                9mm
                                40cal
                                45cal
                                Click image for larger version Name:	20200704_144439.jpg Views:	1 Size:	56.7 KB ID:	88001Click image for larger version Name:	20200704_144409.jpg Views:	1 Size:	58.5 KB ID:	87999Click image for larger version Name:	20200704_144303.jpg Views:	1 Size:	66.9 KB ID:	88000
                                Low left is typically grip. Make sure only finger moving is your trigger finger. I don’t know shit but that was the very problem I mentioned above. I was compensating instead of fixing. Grab a night at Pirates Cove and lets go shoot. See if other locals want to meet up..

Comment

Working...
                                X