X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Ahoy Vay View Post
    For being 13% of the U.S. population, we sure do spend a lot of money giving them opportunities.
    Yes.. My daughter did a research paper on welfare when she was in high school.. She was SHOCKED at the results of her research.... She couldn't believe that for a small percentage of the population, how much "income tested welfare" goes to just under 13% of the population .

Affirmative Action has been so harmful to the race but few understand. They just want more.
    Absolutely.. And hard working people admit that, too..

I form an opinion about someone based on their character not their color.
    I have said this MANY times to people.. I don't care what color you are.. I care about the content of your character..

Leave a comment:

• Ahoy Vay
    replied
    I don’t care what anyone calls me. I have learned that when I am called a name, the person doing the calling either feels inferior to me, jealous of me, or something is missing in their life that causes them to judge or hate. The exception is when I get called an ahole. They are typically right. I am an ahole.

Leave a comment:

• Mako runner
    replied
    There again a double standard. If blacks or anyone but whites do it there is no problem. But if whites do it then it is called racist or bigoted. Time to stop them from calling us a racist or a bigot or white cracker or whatever. If we can't call them niggers stop them from labeling us. I mean it's only fair...Charlie

Leave a comment:

• Ahoy Vay
    replied
    For being 13% of the U.S. population, we sure do spend a lot of money giving them opportunities. Affirmative Action has been so harmful to the race but few understand. They just want more. I form an opinion about someone based on their character not their color.

Leave a comment:

• KMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Sailsalot View Post

The big problem is Government and politicians getting involved is racial divide. When Government and politicians get involved with groups such as the Congressional Black Caucus,the NAACP,The United Negro College Fund and other such groups it promotes divide. I'm not saying people shouldn't be able to form groups and promote their racial status and beliefs but Government should remain neutral. Their should be no such thing as a " hate crime ". If it's a crime ,it's a crime and should be prosecuted as such without regards to race.

Your point of the difference between the black people using the " N " word vs others using it is often seen and is a matter of context. If it is used in a way to try to piss someone off ( incite ) then there is law against such behavior. The emphasis should be on the behavior not on the racial aspect.
    True.. However, we have let it go one for far too long.. Could you imagine if there was "WET" or "CET".. White/Caucasian Entertainment Television?????? Can you even imagine the backlash from that??? But, yet, we have BET.. Or how about the NAACP (Caucasian People)??? Or the Congressional White Caucus.. The United Caucasian College Fund.. I mean, let's be honest.. Every single one of those would be labeled a hate group..

It's stupid is what it is.. There is one race of people.. Human..

Leave a comment:

• Sailsalot
    replied
    Originally posted by KMac View Post

Talk about weird.. I work with several black guys.. We are all friends.. I have known some of them for many years.. Anyway, I walked up and they were talking about black people talking "ghetto".. I asked what they were talking about, to get the context.. They went on to say haven't you ever heard "xyz" talk? Yes, I have.. "Ever notice how they sound all proper when around white people but like they are ghetto when around black people?" Then they started dropping the "N" word like it was nothing.. Calling each other that..

I would be fired if said that.. Which I don't use that word anyway, but still.. Some people act all offended by that word, yet they spout it out like it's nothing.. And the music some of them listen to?? Holy smokes.. I don''t see how that word could ever be considered offensive to some of the black people I know.. Because they hear it nonstop in the music they listen to.
    The big problem is Government and politicians getting involved is racial divide. When Government and politicians get involved with groups such as the Congressional Black Caucus,the NAACP,The United Negro College Fund and other such groups it promotes divide. I'm not saying people shouldn't be able to form groups and promote their racial status and beliefs but Government should remain neutral. Their should be no such thing as a " hate crime ". If it's a crime ,it's a crime and should be prosecuted as such without regards to race.

Your point of the difference between the black people using the " N " word vs others using it is often seen and is a matter of context. If it is used in a way to try to piss someone off ( incite ) then there is law against such behavior. The emphasis should be on the behavior not on the racial aspect.

Leave a comment:

• Mako runner
    replied
    Just another of many double standards...Charlie

Leave a comment:

• LFBB
    replied
    Originally posted by KMac View Post

Talk about weird.. I work with several black guys.. We are all friends.. I have known some of them for many years.. Anyway, I walked up and they were talking about black people talking "ghetto".. I asked what they were talking about, to get the context.. They went on to say haven't you ever heard "xyz" talk? Yes, I have.. "Ever notice how they sound all proper when around white people but like they are ghetto when around black people?" Then they started dropping the "N" word like it was nothing.. Calling each other that..

I would be fired if said that.. Which I don't use that word anyway, but still.. Some people act all offended by that word, yet they spout it out like it's nothing.. And the music some of them listen to?? Holy smokes.. I don''t see how that word could ever be considered offensive to some of the black people I know.. Because they hear it nonstop in the music they listen to.
    I think they claim because they are it, they can then use it. If you're not it, you can't possibly use it in a way that's not offensive. I too call BS. You can call me anything you want, if it's not true it doesn't hurt.

Leave a comment:

• LFBB
    replied
    Originally posted by Tiretyme View Post
    I’ve never hung out in bilge over there, but thought that was an anything goes sub-forum? Guess not?
    It was (more or less) a couple of years ago, so much so that you couldn't post a serious question and get a serious answer. It was just stupid idiots running the roost. The Mods got enough complaints I guess and cracked down in some ways. It's still mostly useless going there but it is better than it was.

Leave a comment:

• KMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Sailsalot View Post
    I don't know how a person would go about getting a consensus on whether or not Jewish Lightning is a derogatory term. I think it would have a lot to do with context. People are different and pointing out differences should not be considered offensive unless someone is doing so to piss someone off.

I was doing a job over at the Holiday Inn a few years ago. The carpenter locked his keys in his van and was trying to figure out what to do. After about an hour of failed attempts, 2 black guys came over and said - " You got 2 black guys working on the job and you didn't even ask us how to break into a van ? We're offended " I told them they were probably worrying about stereotyping them.

They were able to get into the van in about 5 minute without doing any damage. Of course, 2 different black guys may have been offended if they were asked for help.

Leave a comment:

• Tiretyme
    replied
    I’ve never hung out in bilge over there, but thought that was an anything goes sub-forum? Guess not?

Leave a comment:

• Ahoy Vay
    replied
    Originally posted by LFBB View Post
    Maybe explain to those in power MOD 18 that you didn't create a duplicate account and that your son joined, hence account #2 from the same ip. If you're in good standing otherwise they can lift the ban. I assume you can post from your sons account, if not I'll reach out to the mods there for you.
    Thank you. I can log in on my account but son can’t log in under his account. He is making a new account and using a different method to log in. We are good.

Leave a comment:

• LFBB
    replied
    Maybe explain to those in power MOD 18 that you didn't create a duplicate account and that your son joined, hence account #2 from the same ip. If you're in good standing otherwise they can lift the ban. I assume you can post from your sons account, if not I'll reach out to the mods there for you.

Leave a comment:

• Sailsalot
    replied
    I don't know how a person would go about getting a consensus on whether or not Jewish Lightning is a derogatory term. I think it would have a lot to do with context. People are different and pointing out differences should not be considered offensive unless someone is doing so to piss someone off.

I was doing a job over at the Holiday Inn a few years ago. The carpenter locked his keys in his van and was trying to figure out what to do. After about an hour of failed attempts, 2 black guys came over and said - " You got 2 black guys working on the job and you didn't even ask us how to break into a van ? We're offended " I told them they were probably worrying about stereotyping them.

They were able to get into the van in about 5 minute without doing any damage. Of course, 2 different black guys may have been offended if they were asked for help.

Leave a comment:

• Billinstuart
    replied
    Originally posted by Ahoy Vay View Post
    O

Not offensive to me but I am not Jewish. Jew fish did not offend me and is what I still call it. The Catholic priest jokes don’t offend me as a Catholic because I know man is fallible (not that their crimes should be covered up or avoid prosecution regardless of statute of limitations).
    Rick, I shoulda said on TOS.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X