Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mako runner
    replied
    Sure I would like to live longer but I can see some real problems with that. Such as unless the birth rate goes way down overcrowding will be a concern and growing enough food to feed everyone. We have already increased the average lifespan. And look at the problems it caused. Now everyone wants healthcare. Some can afford it. That's not a problem but those who can't afford it want it and expect others to pay for it. Like I say sounds good until you look at the unintended consequences...Charlie

Leave a comment:

• Surfercross
    replied
    Hell yes I would want to live longer but I have to feel good the whole time. I would want to see my how the world will evolve over time.

They are working on many new therapies that have huge promise in lengthening our telomeres.

Leave a comment:

• Ahoy Vay
    started a topic What would you choose

What would you choose

Buddy and I had an interesting discussion last night over drinks (me- iced tea, him- 2.37 gallons red wine). There is speculation that the science community, in the distant future, will unlock the ability of the body to regenerate certain proteins/cells/blah blah blah that will allow someone to live to 600 years old. After discussing (or me calling bullshit) we got to the hypothetical. If this was possible, and your body reset to be healthy (free of any ailments) would you want to live that long? Why or why not? Go!
Working...
X