X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billinstuart
    replied
    Originally posted by ondarvr View Post
    People could extend their healthspan (more important than lifespan) by just eliminating a few bad habits, getting a little exercise, and eating less.

Look around, how many people take advantage of these “no cost” proven concepts.
    Well put. Unfortunately, many issues cannot be eliminated by a healthy lifestyle..dementia for one. I'm also convinced that genetics plays a huge part. The interesting comparison is twins.

Leave a comment:

• Parker Yacht
    replied
    Originally posted by Surfercross View Post
    Seems like I am the only 1 thats wants to live for 600 years.
    You will be surfing over your house by then.

Leave a comment:

• Surfercross
    replied
    Seems like I am the only 1 thats wants to live for 600 years.

Leave a comment:

• KMac
    replied
    I would take good health now.. If I could feel good again, just for a while, I would at least try it.. But at the same time, I feel guilty for desiring that.. What I am walking through now is the Lords will for me at this time..

I guess I'd have to be in that place to make that decision.. After LOTS of prayer.. I am like Ole though, kind of feel like a fish out of water in this life, at times.. Crazy world we live in..
    Last edited by KMac; 11-27-2019, 09:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mako runner
    replied
    Very true. Hard to change habits. Especially if it means giving up something you like...Charlie

Leave a comment:

• ondarvr
    replied
    Yes, I meant to add smoking and other things, the list is long.

There are a lot of preventative options out there right now, but unfortunately very few people make the effort to take advantage of them. While almost everyone says they want to change to a healthier lifestyle, they always seem to put it off until tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Mako runner
    replied
    People could extend their healthspan (more important than lifespan) by just eliminating a few bad habits, getting a little exercise, and eating less.

Yes and you could add quit smoking, drinking,chasing wild women, and other fun things.

But then again something is going to kill you. So it may as well be something you like...Charlie

Leave a comment:

• Ahoy Vay
    replied

100%. Unfortunately, modern medicine increases lifespan for those that have long ended their healthspan. They are alive but not living. Some, through no fault of their own, fall into this category as well. Preventative healthcare would do more to improve, and reduce the cost of, our healthcare than any other single strategy. I have not heard of it presented as healthspan before. Going to use it as my explanation is way too long!

Leave a comment:

• ondarvr
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Slough
    replied
    Sometimes I think we try and mess with God's designs a little too much.

Leave a comment:

• Tiretyme
    replied
    I’d take an extra 10 or so in good health but that would be plenty.
    Imagine the life of Methuselah (960+years), his father Enoch (360+ years) or his son Lamech (770+ years)
    Realize they were doing Gods’s work and were way before technology, but that’s still a very long time to walk the earth.
    Look at the advances in our last century, heck the last three decades for that matter. Wouldn’t want to be around 100 years from now

Leave a comment:

• SIM
    replied
    I would want to go through the process of seeing everyone of my family members or friends dying around me. I am good with whatever time God gives me.

Leave a comment:

• Billinstuart
    replied
    Originally posted by Ahoy Vay View Post
    Buddy and I had an interesting discussion last night over drinks (me- iced tea, him- 2.37 gallons red wine). There is speculation that the science community, in the distant future, will unlock the ability of the body to regenerate certain proteins/cells/blah blah blah that will allow someone to live to 600 years old. After discussing (or me calling bullshit) we got to the hypothetical. If this was possible, and your body reset to be healthy (free of any ailments) would you want to live that long? Why or why not? Go!
    Your body may reset, but your mind probably won't adapt to the changes. Some of us are struggling with that now.

Get off my grass.

Leave a comment:

• Ahoy Vay
    replied
    A lot of questions come up. How do you manage population control? Does society advance or does it fall stagnant due to group think with few new perspectives? I don’t think I would want to live that long. I feel the reward for living right in the physical world is paid in the spiritual world. Plus, there are a couple people I want to haunt.

Leave a comment:

• Parker Yacht
    replied
    I don't think so.
    I was born in the wrong century anyway and as it is, I don't like the changes we have had for my 59 years on this planet.
    I have seen enough.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X