Ibobi..kma!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billinstuart View Post

It's a joke term for a fire to claim the insurance.
    Alrighty then.. LOL... He got bent out of shape about that?
    2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's
    2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
    Mobile, Al.
    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Originally posted by KMac View Post

Alrighty then.. LOL... He got bent out of shape about that?
      Yes. Now, the proper way to resolve that would for him to simply remove the post..but noooo..we've got to show how powerful we are. We're gonna take away the "privilege" of participating in the biggest bigoted boating site in the US.

Comment

Yes. Now, the proper way to resolve that would for him to simply remove the post..but noooo..we've got to show how powerful we are. We're gonna take away the "privilege" of participating in the biggest bigoted boating site in the US.
        Granted, it is probably wise to leave out ANY mention of ethnicity, but that could have been handled differently..
        2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's
        2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
        Mobile, Al.
        Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

You know over in Louisiana there is guy who created a great lure for Cobia called a Coon Pop—works awesome!
          However, mention Coon Pop on the fishing forum and guess what?? Never mind, y’all already know the answer
          ’21 Fountain 38’ Tournament Edition
          Triple Merc 400’s

Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

Coons? Well raccoons tried to get in our back porch, Momma just chase 'em off with a broom!

Comment

Thanks, Rick. When I was somewhat imobilized with knees, prostate, stroke, THT was a convenient way to pass time. Gotta admit, met a lot of good people, some in person. Not you, btw. In a way, kinda like an online club. However, it's deteriorated into a juvenile oriented and managed site with a 10 y.o. hall monitor. I've got bigger fish to fry, don't need it for a pass-time anymore. I will miss the questions about boating, engines, construction..I did enjoy participating in that.

Got my existing house to fix up, get ready to sell. I'm designing/drafting plans for Merritt Island. Mymojo offered to review the plans..he's a good guy.

I'm gonna let oldpete take over all the Florida political/history/economy stuff....

Bill
              Exactly the reasons I left.
              Engine Sales and Service
              Ph +1 954.463.1515
              Fx +1
              Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
              www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Originally posted by Sailsalot View Post

It's okay to stereotype Catholics there.

Old 09-14-2019, 06:40 AM
                crazybeard

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Bruce1505 View Post
                Best part about this is ....the robot won’t touch anyone inappropriately

i think that's an option on the catholic versions.

https://www.thehulltruth.com/12928213-post4.html
                I wonder if this will throw them into a headspin...
                Attached Files

Comment

My TOS warning, don't remember the MOD, it said," don't egg on Kemper, it only makes him post more".
                  I originally posted, go Kemper, it violated some rule I was unaware.
                  For supporting Kemper a warning issued, REALLY!
                  They're, confession time over, back to regularly scheduled fun!
                  ​​​​​​BWP

Comment

Originally posted by Tiretyme View Post
                    You know over in Louisiana there is guy who created a great lure for Cobia called a Coon Pop—works awesome!
                    However, mention Coon Pop on the fishing forum and guess what?? Never mind, y’all already know the answer
                    He was probably a coonass...that would make Ibobi's head unscrew....

Comment

Not to detail but my Dad's sister married a coonass after losing her husband to the Vietnam war, he was also a Marine .

Now the good part, his parents had a 4th grade education but we're not dumb, he, my Uncle was smart, graduated high school, then received his Batchelors degree with an engineering degree.
                      He's was rifted from the Marines in 77-78 and went into oil production, he retired a few years ago makes my $2000.00 a day moving oil rigs.
                      He impressed me so much in 1977 as a Marine Company Commander that the Marines was it for me.
                      He was actually humble but proud and a leader of Men.
                      He started out poor in Breaux Bridges and passed 2 years ago with 4.5 million in assets to his name.

Geau Tigers.
                      I had nothing but respect for him as he adopted my Aunt's daughter and raised her as his own, now, how did I get so far off topic.
                      BWP

Comment

I assure you it was a coon pop lure..........still couldn’t handle it

Click image for larger version

Name:	DB0DE46E-AE65-4262-A3B4-F74624921AF5.png
Views:	121
Size:	579.5 KB
ID:	66977
                        ’21 Fountain 38’ Tournament Edition
                        Triple Merc 400’s

Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

I don't think out here in the real world people are worried about stereotyping as much as is portrayed in media and social media.
                          TOS acting as they are concerned about hurting someone's feelings is a joke in itself. TOS as well as other money sites became as large as they are by letting people get away with more than their competition. Didn't matter if it was on topic or in off-topic .
                          Several things causes membership loss/ participation on the money sites.
                          1. A crackdown on what is allowed to be posted.
                          2. A bias as to who they scold/punish for infractions.
                          3. Constant changing of rules on a daily basis.
                          4. Acting as if they know where to draw the line. ( what is actually a rule violation )

I'm talking about membership loss/participation. I don't know whether or not their actions help or hurt their bottom line. Keep in mind - it's a business.

A lot depends on the type of person you are and what you want to do on the site. If you are knowledgeable about technical aspects of boating you may be looking to help someone out and correct mis-information.
                          If you are knowledgeable in what's happening in the political arena you may be looking to correct mis-information.
                          If you have expertise in fishing related topics you may be looking for mis-information and try to correct that.
                          The list goes on but if you are the type of person that looks for and tries to correct ( be helpful ) chances are you are going to have a harder time staying on than someone that avoids pushing their knowledge. If you don't push your knowledge you probably aren't going to be taken as serious as the dumbass that does push.

All I had to offer on TOS was joking around, going with the flow and pissing off people that came to off-topic threads (just to cause conflict.) I did offer some metal detecting advice and I didn't go to other parts of the forum and disrupt the topics there. I understand the frustration some may feel towards TOS because of what they had to offer and how hard it was/is to offer it to the members there.

It is now 5 years since the day I was kicked off my first forum. I tried and succeeded in helping out the " new guy " which is what that forum claimed to be all about. I was amazed as to the number of new people that would show up there. I not only looked for things they claimed to be doing that I felt was harmful to their success as well as the hobby of metal detecting , but I also tried and succeeded in getting them involved in off-topic discussion. I lasted 10 months from the time I joined in Feb 2014. I had thousands of posts and made many " friends " and very few " enemies " in comparison. But, in the end the few snowflakes/complainers of how the forum was becoming too dramatic ( not realizing that they were just as guilty of causing drama by complaining ) got catered to. Maybe by default,, because I really don't think anyone wanted to moderate/babysit.

Looking back now I've seen a steady decline in membership on forums I've been on. Sub-forums that didn't go 2 minutes without a post can go hours now. I certainly don't think they lost members solely because of losing me ( maybe a couple ) but I think membership is down because people like me, at least like me to a certain extent , are no longer there .
                          Last edited by Sailsalot; 11-23-2019, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bluewaterposer View Post

Not to detail but my Dad's sister married a coonass after losing her husband to the Vietnam war, he was also a Marine .

Now the good part, his parents had a 4th grade education but we're not dumb, he, my Uncle was smart, graduated high school, then received his Batchelors degree with an engineering degree.
                            He's was rifted from the Marines in 77-78 and went into oil production, he retired a few years ago makes my $2000.00 a day moving oil rigs.
                            He impressed me so much in 1977 as a Marine Company Commander that the Marines was it for me.
                            He was actually humble but proud and a leader of Men.
                            He started out poor in Breaux Bridges and passed 2 years ago with 4.5 million in assets to his name.

Geau Tigers.
                            I had nothing but respect for him as he adopted my Aunt's daughter and raised her as his own, now, how did I get so far off topic.
                            BWP
                            My father-in-law was a coonass. Proud of it. Decent, hard working man.

Comment

Thanks, Rick. When I was somewhat imobilized with knees, prostate, stroke, THT was a convenient way to pass time. Gotta admit, met a lot of good people, some in person. Not you, btw. In a way, kinda like an online club. However, it's deteriorated into a juvenile oriented and managed site with a 10 y.o. hall monitor. I've got bigger fish to fry, don't need it for a pass-time anymore. I will miss the questions about boating, engines, construction..I did enjoy participating in that.

Got my existing house to fix up, get ready to sell. I'm designing/drafting plans for Merritt Island. Mymojo offered to review the plans..he's a good guy.

I'm gonna let oldpete take over all the Florida political/history/economy stuff....

Bill
                              Got into it with oldpete some years back when he and I were both younger; something about surveyors and boat salespeople--hmmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by erie skipper View Post

Got into it with oldpete some years back when he and I were both younger; something about surveyors and boat salespeople--hmmmm...
                                If it costs money, OldPete will bring the drama about it no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                                X