replied
    https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-28770876

Hemp for the win

Leave a comment:

• Mako runner
    replied
    Originally posted by Tiretyme View Post

Now that’s interesting for sure.
    What materials is the solid composed of? Or is that still proprietary & top secret?
    There is more than one scientist or rather teams of scientists working on it. But I think in one case it is some type of glass. As stated Google or Utube has quite a bit of information...Charlie

Leave a comment:

• Surfercross
    replied
    Google is your friend my youth.

Leave a comment:

• Tiretyme
    replied
    Originally posted by Mako runner View Post

Not solid state as in digital. The difference is the electrolyte is not a liquid or gel but instead a solid...Charlie
    Now that’s interesting for sure.
    What materials is the solid composed of? Or is that still proprietary & top secret?

Leave a comment:

• Billinstuart
    replied
    Originally posted by Mako runner View Post

Not solid state as in digital. The difference is the electrolyte is not a liquid or gel but instead a solid...Charlie
    that makes more sense.

Leave a comment:

• Mako runner
    replied
    Originally posted by Billinstuart View Post
    "digital" battery? Baloney. Silicon devices do not store energy. The only electronic device which stores energy is a capacitor.

Leave a comment:

• Billinstuart
    replied
    "digital" battery? Baloney. Silicon devices do not store energy. The only electronic device which stores energy is a capacitor.

Leave a comment:

• Mako runner
    replied
    Originally posted by Surfercross View Post

They are safer in every way. The formation of dendrites in lithium batteries is one of the factors that causes them to explode. The solid state batteries won't have this issue.
    That and the electrolyte in lithium ion batteries is flammable...Charlie

Leave a comment:

• Surfercross
    replied
    Originally posted by erie skipper View Post
    What is the potential for fire/explosion regarding these newer batteries? Are they safe?
    They are safer in every way. The formation of dendrites in lithium batteries is one of the factors that causes them to explode. The solid state batteries won't have this issue.

Leave a comment:

• Mako runner
    replied
    For many years there was very little advances in batteries. There was not much need without a big market for a better battery so not that much research was devoted to it. Now there is a bigger market for better batteries and more research is being devoted to it. With a big payoff for whoever can develop it. I can only imagine what we will see in the near future...Charlie

Leave a comment:

• Slough
    replied
    Very interesting video. Wonder how far they have come since it was shot a year ago?

Leave a comment:

• KMac
    replied
    Neat video..

Leave a comment:

• Mako runner
    replied
    An interesting video...Charlie

Leave a comment:

• Mako runner
    replied
    Originally posted by erie skipper View Post
    What is the potential for fire/explosion regarding these newer batteries? Are they safe?
    From what I have seen it is one of the claims that they are not a fire hazard like the lithium ion batteries are. But who knows for sure? I guess once they are actually on the market and tested in real world situations we will know...Charlie

Leave a comment:

Working...
X