BoB/TOS/THT, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rootpass View Post
    Also as just an average guy, most of the answers I’m looking for are found with the search function. Or just browsing and reading interesting posts. So my participation is almost nonexistent but I check the “todays posts” regularly.
    in other words I won’t have anything to add but am able to take advantage of the answers/stories already given. I was led here by a google search that resulted in Mike Carrigan’s Proline posts. Because I own one of those “pounding, wet riding, cheap” hulls. Lol. But I saw 7-8 of them out of Steinhatchee over the last 4 days. And by some miracle the wife and kids managed to catch fish.
    Congrats and thank you for joining! And to every Probie I meet, welcome!
    Engine Sales and Service
    Ph +1 954.463.1515
    Fx +1
    Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
    www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post

The Hull Truth.
      T.O.S (The Other Site).
      Lol.
      And thank you for the warm welcome!

Comment

My desire would be for more engine/boat technical questions to be asked, which would come with more members. But usually people don't go directly to TOS to find info. They go there because Google leads them there with there internet search question. The way to get more traffic is to have more threads, so we show up on Google better.

At least that's my take. But I like the smallness of the site. Most of the traffic on TOS is not boating related. And it seems on TOS that there is nothing new under the sun. Every topic has been beaten to death several times.

We maybe small, but we are mighty! lol. The information shared here when asked is very good.
        Andrew Munao Jr
        Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
        888-231-2392 | [email protected] | simyamaha.com

Comment

Originally posted by SIM View Post
          My desire would be for more engine/boat technical questions to be asked, which would come with more members. But usually people don't go directly to TOS to find info. They go there because Google leads them there with there internet search question. The way to get more traffic is to have more threads, so we show up on Google better.

At least that's my take. But I like the smallness of the site. Most of the traffic on TOS is not boating related. And it seems on TOS that there is nothing new under the sun. Every topic has been beaten to death several times.

We maybe small, but we are mighty! lol. The information shared here when asked is very good.
          It almost seems as TOS is moving backwards.
          Either it's been beaten to death, or people post just to post, no relevance to anything.
          Engine Sales and Service
          Ph +1 954.463.1515
          Fx +1

[email protected]
          www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

More topics would be good as long as the civility, politeness and actual informed decisions remained in place. I know I've benefited tremendously from the many experts on BoB and it's a shame more boaters don't know about this place and ask their questions here.

Comment

Are you suggesting that paid "referee's" are impartial and fair?
              Hmmmmmmmm, not.
              I see "instant replay" coming.
              What someone would consider impartial and fair someone else might not. A site with a fair amount of traffic would require a fair amount of moderating especially when hot topics are discussed. I don't think anyone wants to babysit and the "referees " try to make things easy to moderate,when in fact,they are not easy to moderate.

" instant replay " would not be necessary if what transpired was left on the site as people could form their own opinion. The " referee " may try to be fair, but like I said, that is a subjective term. The " referee" could stop discussion simply because they didn't feel like dealing with it at the time. Nothing wrong with that if they are honest about it.

Most forums are in a steady decline. It is going to take a different approach if someone wants to build traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by Sailsalot View Post

Most forums are in a steady decline. It is going to take a different approach if someone wants to build traffic.
                What would your suggestion be?

Engine Sales and Service
                Ph +1 954.463.1515
                Fx +1

[email protected]
                www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

What would your suggestion be?
                  I certainly don't have any experience in running a forum but I do as a member of varying types. As I said earlier in a post on this thread, I would suggest a fee to join and paid moderation. This site is viewable by the public so a person can see what they are signing up for. It would be considered a non-profit with money going to maintenance,internet fees and moderating costs. Spammers couldn't get in without paying so that would probably help to control that.

It's a gamble no matter what ,so I don't claim to have an answer.

Comment

A few questions:

1) Why would you want it to be as big as TOS?

2) Isn't it growing as is ?

3) More Pro's would always help. How do you get them?
                    Small town S. W. Ga./St. James Fl.

Comment

Originally posted by Sailsalot View Post
                      I would suggest a fee to join
                      Every one has opinion's. I think that a fee would be the end of this forum.

Small town S. W. Ga./St. James Fl.

Comment

I think you should make me a mod

Comment

Originally posted by MikeO View Post
                          I think you should make me a mod
                          Nope. especially now that you are home, you would Moderate everything backwards.
                          PS: You need a new L/U.
                          Engine Sales and Service
                          Ph +1 954.463.1515
                          Fx +1

[email protected]
                          www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Originally posted by Slough View Post

Every one has opinion's. I think that a fee would be the end of this forum.
                            Boat people will pay for stuff others won't.

Comment

Comment

I don't post often because I bought evinrudes and they are always broke down.

Seriously though I have been working on another project so I been spending most of my time on ls1tech.

Comment

Working...
                                X