BoB/TOS/THT, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Billinstuart View Post

I got banned 3 months for saying "Jewish Lightning". What aggregious action did you do?
    I posted a video depicting a violent act in the bilge, I honestly thought it was OK to post a shooting video there, the shooter didn't serve any time as his actions were justifiable as I recall. But it was against the rules as it turns out. A simple, "Hey, WTF are you doing." would have gotten them a better result from me. 90 days and a warning that my next offense will be a permanent ban. You know I'm going to skirt the rules and mess with them for this, what the hell do they expect? When I'm done messing with them I'll be gone, it's not hard to do, it's not like they're made of pussy.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluewaterposer View Post
      Outstanding SAL, aka Kemper, note! I was PMed by a Mod for saying, way to gokemp, they said, don't encourage him.
      nothing further heard from them, I thought it strange!
      Confession is good for the heart, yes, it was TOS.
      BWP
      I got the same warnings about backing Kemper on TOS, I just don't like being told what I can and can't do, Put the rule in writing and maybe I'll follow it. Common sense needs to apply.

Comment

I got banned 3 months for saying "Jewish Lightning". What aggregious action did you do?
        I understand that you weren't using the language in a derogatory way. This guy here says 4 posts later that he was being sarcastic. Will he get a 3 month ban ?

Today, 06:18 AM
        GR1FFIN
        Admirals Club

Received 672 Likes on 332 Posts

Yeah I dont like anyone who wears a suit. Don't like anyone who looks like a laborer either. Probably never went to college. Don't like the blacks, WOPS, jews, japs, or spics either. Anyone with tattoos is low class. Fat people are lazy. Short people have a complex. Rich people are stuck-up. People from SC are rednecks. Nothing like generalizing over some meaningless characteristic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sailsalot View Post

I understand that you weren't using the language in a derogatory way. This guy here says 4 posts later that he was being sarcastic. Will he get a 3 month ban ?

Today, 06:18 AM
          GR1FFIN
          Admirals Club

Received 672 Likes on 332 Posts

Yeah I dont like anyone who wears a suit. Don't like anyone who looks like a laborer either. Probably never went to college. Don't like the blacks, WOPS, jews, japs, or spics either. Anyone with tattoos is low class. Fat people are lazy. Short people have a complex. Rich people are stuck-up. People from SC are rednecks. Nothing like generalizing over some meaningless characteristic.
          Bet if he simply said "I hate everyone" he'd have been safe. When I was a kid everyone was termed by their genetic background, you had the Irish kid, the PR the Dominican, the Arab etc. It really meant nothing and in many parts of the world they still call you by the color of your skin. Intent should be the determining factor, but whatever, TOS will lose out, you'll see, they will keep pushing quality away.

Comment

• Originally posted by LFBB View Post

I posted a video depicting a violent act in the bilge, I honestly thought it was OK to post a shooting video there, the shooter didn't serve any time as his actions were justifiable as I recall. But it was against the rules as it turns out. A simple, "Hey, WTF are you doing." would have gotten them a better result from me. 90 days and a warning that my next offense will be a permanent ban. You know I'm going to skirt the rules and mess with them for this, what the hell do they expect? When I'm done messing with them I'll be gone, it's not hard to do, it's not like they're made of pussy.
            I wonder what would happen if you had posted a video of the Kennedy assassination? Can't ban history or can they.

Comment

• I got banned once for reposting a picture from a different TOS thread. My Jewish friend laughs about "Jewish Lightning".

Y'know, there's a thread on TOS about "American holocaust" or some bullshit like that. No wonder IB management is so screwed up, plus they're from California. BTW, California is gonna ban natural gas/propane?

Comment

• Re: Jewish Lightning

I grew up in a Jewish neighborhood and have heard most of the quips, but not this; what's the meaning?
                I can't help but think if I was a better person I could've been a dog. šŸ•

Chet
                Amesbury, MA (work in Boston)
                1987 2855 Bayliner Contessa SB
                How can I help you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boat Bum View Post
                  Re: Jewish Lightning

I grew up in a Jewish neighborhood and have heard most of the quips, but not this; what's the meaning?
                  Really?
                  Having (A house, boat or car) "catch" on fire and say it was struck by lightning.
                  Usually in Insurance cases. When said product doesn't sell.
                  Engine Sales and Service
                  Ph +1 954.463.1515
                  Fx +1
                  Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
                  www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

• Now that you explain it it seems there was some sort of similar saying, as soon as I read it I was like, oh yeah. We had very good friends who we vacationed with for years with our kids; they were Jewish. One day my wife was relating to them "such a deal" we got. Without thinking she said, "We Jewed 'em down good," and immediately froze in horror at what she said. They got a bigger kick out of it than my wife was horrified.
                    I can't help but think if I was a better person I could've been a dog. šŸ•

Chet
                    Amesbury, MA (work in Boston)
                    1987 2855 Bayliner Contessa SB
                    How can I help you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boat Bum View Post
                      Now that you explain it it seems there was some sort of similar saying, as soon as I read it I was like, oh yeah. We had very good friends who we vacationed with for years with our kids; they were Jewish. One day my wife was relating to them "such a deal" we got. Without thinking she said, "We Jewed 'em down good," and immediately froze in horror at what she said. They got a bigger kick out of it than my wife was horrified.
                      Ahh, real people get it, all groups know what stereotype they are associated with. Again I fall back to intent of the terms use.

Comment

• Accounting is "Jewish Engineering". Steal something, you "got it at cost". It's an acknowledgement of the smart, shrewd capabilities. If you say "German engineering" on a car, it means complex, ingenious, expensive. In a way more derogatory!

Comment

I got the same warnings about backing Kemper on TOS, I just don't like being told what I can and can't do, Put the rule in writing and maybe I'll follow it. Common sense needs to apply.
                          I just read this. We should have a list of what we can and can't say. Is George Carlin and his seven words on there??

What's REALLY wrong, just plain stupid, is you can't constructively criticise either IB staff or MODS decisions.

Comment

• I haven't logged into TOS since I joined here. This site could use a bit more traffic, but definitely not to TOS level. I think I joined over there in maybe 2007 or 2008. Never had any problems except when the G-man complained about me and I got a warning! The past years have attracted a lot of whining, crybaby, troublemaking bastards! The like button issue just really didn't make sense to me and led me here. This site has filled the gap and works for me. As said, a little more traffic would be a bit better. I think more members from there will be coming here as they realize it is more like the early (TOS) and much more meat and potatoes, and less BS.

Comment

Accounting is "Jewish Engineering". Steal something, you "got it at cost". It's an acknowledgement of the smart, shrewd capabilities. If you say "German engineering" on a car, it means complex, ingenious, expensive. In a way more derogatory!
                              Iā€™m Jewish and an engineer. So piss off!!!

Comment

Did you finally get a flu shot?

Comment

Working...
                                X