Engine Sales and Service
    Ph +1 954.463.1515
    Fx +1
    Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
    www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Publicity...marketing..whatever. Why buy an electric Porsche to drive to the grocery? I'll take my old truck and whip its ass in a 400 mile race,,,,

Comment

I never really thought of them as a daily driver that frequents the grocery store. The SUVs yes but not the cars. Ferdinand Porsche is rolling over in his grave..

Comment

Originally posted by Ahoy Vay View Post
          I never really thought of them as a daily driver that frequents the grocery store. The SUVs yes but not the cars. Ferdinand Porsche is rolling over in his grave..
          Can't even drive to Orlando and back.

Comment

What’s most confusing to me is the top tier version is badged as the ‘turbo’. 750 HP is impressive though.

They will be popular. At least at first. Porsche is all but sold out for the first two years of production. I believe 30,000 and counting.

Comment

Originally posted by fins View Post
              What’s most confusing to me is the top tier version is badged as the ‘turbo’. 750 HP is impressive though.

They will be popular. At least at first. Porsche is all but sold out for the first two years of production. I believe 30,000 and counting.
              They will sell them all between Cali and SoFlo.
              The ultimate Golf Cart.
              Engine Sales and Service
              Ph +1 954.463.1515
              Fx +1
              Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
              www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post

They will sell them all between Cali and SoFlo.
                The ultimate Golf Cart.
                Likely indeed. Now they are talking about making the next Boxster/Cayman generation all electric as well and many speculate that a hybrid electric 911 is in the works.

Excuse me for a moment while I recharge my GT2RS after the 12 mile trip to the grocery store.

Comment

Electrics will be here to stay, like it or not. Other than the range (and cost!), the performance envelope of the Taycan is crazy.

But, if you love things mechanical this video is worth ~30 minutes of your life. Turn the sound up, think of it as listening to a CD, it's actually very soothing. THIS is one reason the striking UAW should get concerned about electrics. The manufacturing tooling and technology commitment here is stunning. Not many humans involved except for final inspections. Just the way it is now ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=yNowAuiTvEE
                  Sanibel FL
                  Axopar 28 Cabin, 2 x 200 Merc 3.4L V6

Comment

What I really, really want is a real deal electric motocross bike. I could have a track in my back yard and nobody would know the difference.

Agree, electrics are here to stay. Currently investing in lithium mines.

Comment

WHERE do you use all that power in an urban setting??

Comment

So, if electric cars eventually take over and the goal was to reduce pollution, won’t electric needs increase proportionately? Are they just moving pollution generation from the car to the power plant?

This one is supposed to charge in 30 minutes but talk about distracted drivers...

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/b...aled-ces-2019/

Comment

Originally posted by Billinstuart View Post
                          WHERE do you use all that power in an urban setting??
                          Well, this can be said about any performance car ... I had a few nice ones in my youth and took them to club driver's schools on a local race track. It was a lot of fun and I learned from the ride-a-long instructors how to handle a car on the street in "normal" conditions, i.e. scary drivers all around you.
                          Sanibel FL
                          Axopar 28 Cabin, 2 x 200 Merc 3.4L V6

Comment

Originally posted by TomS View Post

Well, this can be said about any performance car ... I had a few nice ones in my youth and took them to club driver's schools on a local race track. It was a lot of fun and I learned from the ride-a-long instructors how to handle a car on the street in "normal" conditions, i.e. scary drivers all around you.
                            Those things are not really sports cars, but long legged road eaters...touring cars. Cover 1000 miles a day in comfort. Well, maybe 300 miles in comfort, and 100 miles worring about running the battery flat....

Comment

yes, electric is here to stay. Once they address the recharging situation for extended mileage, the market will take off.

Solar panel roof?
                              Wind turbine in the grill (your speed turns a fan that creates electricity to be stored).
                              The turning of the wheels should be harnessed to create stored electricity.

They'll figure something out soon, it'll cost ridiculous cash, but the tech will get copied and the prices will come down, hickory dickory dock.
                              2017 Tidewater 1910 Bay
                              2017 Evinrude 150ho (G1)

Comment

Working...
                              X