Pure laziness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pure laziness

Wifes car was spluttering and had warning codes coming up so took it to the local pep boys as we needed a quick fix to save renting a car for her for work today.

4pm I go to pick up my daughters car seat so I can take her to swimming.

"Um why is the tyre flat when its in for new coils?"

"oh I'm too short to reach into the engine compartment"

It was just sitting on a rim and Im told that it is standard practice and it won't hurt nothing

Practice for when it gets inflated?

Interesting? HMMMM!
    BWP

Comment

Wrong answer. What do they think that wheel is
      doing to the inner liner of that tire?

On my cell at hospital right now but will elaborate a little more later when I get back to daughter’s house on my iPad
      ’19 Invincible 36 - 350 Verado’s Sold
      ’20 Invincible 35’ Cat, Quad Verado’s on order
      Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

Originally posted by MikeO View Post
        Wifes car was spluttering and had warning codes coming up so took it to the local pep boys as we needed a quick fix to save renting a car for her for work today.

4pm I go to pick up my daughters car seat so I can take her to swimming.

"Um why is the tyre flat when its in for new coils?"

"oh I'm too short to reach into the engine compartment"

It was just sitting on a rim and Im told that it is standard practice and it won't hurt nothing
        You CAN NOT be serious?
        Engine Sales and Service
        Ph +1 954.463.1515
        Fx +1
        Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
        www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Originally posted by Tiretyme View Post
          Wrong answer. What do they think that wheel is
          doing to the inner liner of that tire?

On my cell at hospital right now but will elaborate a little more later when I get back to daughter’s house on my iPad
          Ahem,
          What are you doing at the hospital inquiring minds want to know, and see.
          Engine Sales and Service
          Ph +1 954.463.1515
          Fx +1

[email protected]
          www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

I'm serious. I just drive botes but I've changed a few tyres in my time.

I posted this photo on their facebook page and got an immediate reply from their social media people who will put it much higher up the food chain. Service manager did f all about it although he did say he would have been pissed if he saw it too even though it was pretty common practice!

Hope all goes well in hospital granddad

Comment

Thank you!

At the very least the tire (s) should be removed from wheel and visually inspected for damage on the inside.
              When you see these tires in a zillion pieces I assure you that 99% of the time, the wheel is what does all that damage to tire.

When Pep bought us back in ‘11 I was only one they kept from executive staff plus our real estate guy.
              I worked for Pep about 8 months before telling them, in person, what a bunch of two-faced lying pussies they were—I really did. Needless to say I knew exactly what the outcome of that meeting was going to be, and I was fine with that. Funny thing, all those pussies got run off too....CEO, CFO, Director of Sales, etc because they couldn’t manage sheet........but it’s all good, I got a couple checks from them too. I take my vehicles to Firestone now, they’re about the best run chain overall.

Yep, big day!!
              Joey is now JoJo to new grand baby, Valla will be Honey
              I worked on projects out their house in Jackson, MS until everyone had been run through car wash before visiting!
              Stayed for a bit but both Mom’s were there so I came back to my projects.

Joseph Michael Carter
              Little guy at 7lbs 3oz, but both Mom and baby are fine

Comment

AAAHHH!!! Congratulations Grandpa, that blanket is a time tested wrap on newborns, my 26 and 22 yo's has them when they were born..

God bless,
                Kevin

Comment

Thank you!

At the very least the tire (s) should be removed from wheel and visually inspected for damage on the inside.
                  When you see these tires in a zillion pieces I assure you that 99% of the time, the wheel is what does all that damage to tire.

When Pep bought us back in ‘11 I was only one they kept from executive staff plus our real estate guy.
                  I worked for Pep about 8 months before telling them, in person, what a bunch of two-faced lying pussies they were—I really did. Needless to say I knew exactly what the outcome of that meeting was going to be, and I was fine with that. Funny thing, all those pussies got run off too....CEO, CFO, Director of Sales, etc because they couldn’t manage sheet........but it’s all good, I got a couple checks from them too. I take my vehicles to Firestone now, they’re about the best run chain overall.

Yep, big day!!
                  Joey is now JoJo to new grand baby, Valla will be Honey
                  I worked on projects out their house in Jackson, MS until everyone had been run through car wash before visiting!
                  Stayed for a bit but both Mom’s were there so I came back to my projects.

Joseph Michael Carter
                  Little guy at 7lbs 3oz, but both Mom and baby are fine
                  Congrats!!!

We do find the grandkids will call us whatever they decide at the time, regardless of what we think they should call us, sometimes pretty funny stuff ;-) Loads of fun in any event.
                  Sanibel FL
                  Axopar 28 Cabin (incoming)

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS Pop Pop!!! Glad everyone is doing well!!!

Comment

Congrats!!!!!

C.L.F.
                      Engine Sales and Service
                      Ph +1 954.463.1515
                      Fx +1

[email protected]
                      www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Congratulations Joey!! Prayers answered hat all are well..

About the tire, that blows.. I would be upset too..
                        2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO
                        Mobile, Al.
                        Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Congrats TT,

On the tire, that is why we have 12 x 12 x 24 oak blocks laying all around the shop. Make good steps to work off of and can double as jack stands when put under a jacked up tire. Also you can jack the rear of the vehicle up to lower the front end.
                          Small town S. W. Ga./St. James Fl.

Comment

Thank you all.....now back to thread.

Mike,

At some point, sooner than later, someone with a brain should inspect the inside of that tire.
                            That still doesn’t mean a problem won’t arise later but at least they were aluminum wheels which have a rounder lip than a steel wheel.
                            Curious as to what PBY tells you after running it up the flagpole.
                            You take the tire off and then put it on a jack stand. Why did you need coil springs anyway? Or was it a coil spring over strut?

Comment

Thank you all.....now back to thread.

Mike,

At some point, sooner than later, someone with a brain should inspect the inside of that tire.
                              That still doesn’t mean a problem won’t arise later but at least they were aluminum wheels which have a rounder lip than a steel wheel.
                              Curious as to what PBY tells you after running it up the flagpole.
                              You take the tire off and then put it on a jack stand. Why did you need coil springs anyway? Or was it a coil spring over strut?
                              Think he is talking about ignition coils.
                              Small town S. W. Ga./St. James Fl.

Comment

Working...
                              X