New Silverado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Silverado

My son ordered a brand new Chevy pickup last April and it finally came in Wednesday with all the bells and whistle--stuff I didn't even know you could get on a vehicle let alone a truck. The very next day it went back to the dealer for brake system failure. He won't have it back until next week. 60k doesn't get you much these days evidently; oh yes, and it was built in Mexico. Any one else had new vehicle woes lately?

Originally posted by erie skipper View Post
    My son ordered a brand new Chevy pickup last April and it finally came in Wednesday with all the bells and whistle--stuff I didn't even know you could get on a vehicle let alone a truck. The very next day it went back to the dealer for brake system failure. He won't have it back until next week. 60k doesn't get you much these days evidently; oh yes, and it was built in Mexico. Any one else had new vehicle woes lately?
    I hear Outboard Motors are good. 50k will get you one. Won't help you stop tho.
    Engine Sales and Service
    Ph +1 954.463.1515
    Fx +1
    Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
    www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

I bought mine in April but not saying anything as to jinx myself
      ’19 Invincible 36 - 350 Verado’s Sold
      ’20 Invincible 35’ Cat, Quad Verado’s on order
      Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post

I hear Outboard Motors are good. 50k will get you one. Won't help you stop tho.
        yeah, he bought it to tow the new 17 Montauk he bought earlier this year; the boat motor and trailer weren't far from that number

Comment

I'm a Ford Man but think the GM offerings are ok as well, but---- the new Silverado F150 looks identical to the Ford F150 from the tailgate POV. .

BWP

Comment

I think as vehicles become more complex the likely hood of a dealer visit is going to be more common. I know when I bought my 2013 GMC I heard horror story after horror story. I bought a w/t it has 90k on it almost and all I have ever done is change the fluids. Still have the tires on it that it rolled out of the factory with though I have a new set on order right now. I have a 2006 with 191k and all I have had to do is put a set of head gaskets in it and ball joints.

My f350 was a fing nightmare though. Sometimes you just get bad vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam9066 View Post
              I think as vehicles become more complex the likely hood of a dealer visit is going to be more common. I know when I bought my 2013 GMC I heard horror story after horror story. I bought a w/t it has 90k on it almost and all I have ever done is change the fluids. Still have the tires on it that it rolled out of the factory with though I have a new set on order right now. I have a 2006 with 191k and all I have had to do is put a set of head gaskets in it and ball joints.

My f350 was a fing nightmare though. Sometimes you just get bad vehicles.
              Lets talk dashboard cracks, Valve tappet tics, and tranny noise.

Engine Sales and Service
              Ph +1 954.463.1515
              Fx +1

[email protected]
              www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
                Lets talk dashboard cracks, Valve tappet tics, and tranny noise.
                No dash cracks, no tranny noise, and no lifter ticks. I bought a 7 year 100k bumper to bumper when o got it first time I ever bought a extended warranty and the truck has never been in the shop for anything lol.

Comment

Ya know, I put many-many miles on several Impala’s back in ‘05 through early ‘12 and never had an issue. Obliviously mostly highway but they had a more than adequate interior, nicely done, and rode fine.

I like my new Z71’s performance and meeting my needs for first 3500 miles but can tell you the quality of interior isn’t remotely close to my Armada Platinum the kids just bought, or even the Impala for that matter. Now it’s full of bells and whistles, many of which are aids to safety, but I guess you have to get Denali for a higher quality interior.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiretyme View Post
                    Ya know, I put many-many miles on several Impala’s back in ‘05 through early ‘12 and never had an issue. Obliviously mostly highway but they had a more than adequate interior, nicely done, and rode fine.

I like my new Z71’s performance and meeting my needs for first 3500 miles but can tell you the quality of interior isn’t remotely close to my Armada Platinum the kids just bought, or even the Impala for that matter. Now it’s full of bells and whistles, many of which are aids to safety, but I guess you have to get Denali for a higher quality interior.
                    You couldn’t kill those Impala’s. Didn’t have much giddy up and go but they just ran and ran. We had them as company cars and several were sold to employees and are still going.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstephens46 View Post

You couldn’t kill those Impala’s. Didn’t have much giddy up and go but they just ran and ran. We had them as company cars and several were sold to employees and are still going.
                      That’s so true, and we did too.
                      Sold one to a DM for his kids at 150k miles, and no sheeeet, still had half OE brake pads. One set of tires, oil changes every other month and transmission fluid exchanges a few times.
                      I betcha nobody ever sat in back seat and only a few hundred miles in passenger front.
                      Yep, I would tear some highway up......in a hurry.

Comment

I donno.
                        Maybe a fancier interior, I don't know if the quality gets better.
                        I have driven Denali's, don't own one.
                        But, I have had Three (3) Yukon's.
                        97', 08', 13'.
                        All Three (3) have had the dash's crack in the same place.
                        I have had the interior handles repaired, painted, glued.
                        I'm not a big interior fancy car dude. I have them because they suit what I need for work.

Engine Sales and Service
                        Ph +1 954.463.1515
                        Fx +1

[email protected]
                        www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

I ran an 04 Impala up to 175,000 and my current 2012 is at 128,000; normal maint only on both and in a couple years I'll buy another used Impala; upsets me that they quit building them. We also have a 2015 Equinox which has been very impressive; long trips are no problem at all and the 4 cylinder is plenty of power for this old dude.

Comment

Brand new and already a problem, that stinks.

Over the years we have had 8 Kia's in our families. They have all been great until the last 3. Check engine light goes on, goes into rpm reduction. All 3 cars (Sorento's, wife and 2 daughters) were issues with the knock sensors. Took 3 times to the dealer for the one car to get it figured. The other two happened at lease end so we turned them in with check engine lights on.

My daily drivers is a 2000 F150 4x4. 180K, rusted to all get out, but everything works on it, and deer fear me.
                            Andrew Munao Jr
                            Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
                            888-231-2392 | [email protected] | simyamaha.com

Comment

That’s so true, and we did too.
                              Sold one to a DM for his kids at 150k miles, and no sheeeet, still had half OE brake pads. One set of tires, oil changes every other month and transmission fluid exchanges a few times.
                              I betcha nobody ever sat in back seat and only a few hundred miles in passenger front.
                              Yep, I would tear some highway up......in a hurry.
                              Whatever that V-6 was I cannot remember. Sucker got 28 mpg, not bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X