Division of D/L.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
    It's not the way I read it, or was done to me.
    I couldn't renew online, I couldn't make an appointment.
    I have every piece of ID known to man, and now, I have aStar ID.
    At some point, when your D/L is up for re-newal, you will have a Star ID, I think.
    I thought that too, but after reading the TSA's website that said you will need a passport if you do not have the Star ID.. To me that meant that if you have a Passport, you do not need the Star ID.. To me, if everyone was going to have a Star ID, I wouldn't think there would be a need to have an exception.. But, I think you are probably right..

I will be heading back down there next week and I will ask.. In fact, I will call and ask today.. You have me curious..
    2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO
    Mobile, Al.
    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Originally posted by KMac View Post

I thought that too, but after reading the TSA's website that said you will need a passport if you do not have the Star ID.. To me that meant that if you have a Passport, you do not need the Star ID.. To me, if everyone was going to have a Star ID, I wouldn't think there would be a need to have an exception.. But, I think you are probably right..

I will be heading back down there next week and I will ask.. In fact, I will call and ask today.. You have me curious..
      I just talked to someone at our branch in Florida last week. As it turns out, the Florida license I got last year is already STAR, since my Indiana one was also STAR. I just had to produce a utility bill, bank statement with my new address on it. She said my valid passport or the smaller passport card would be sufficient all by itself for travel.
      Sanibel FL
      Axopar 28 Cabin (incoming)

Comment

Didn't know that the star on the license was for all that. In Ga, you had to go to DMV (forgot when the starting year was) with all the paper work to prove you is you to get a license and then it has a gold star on it. Before that, a regular license could be renewed by mail (CDL's and over 70 (I think is the age) had to go in for renewal). After you get a license with a star, you can renew by mail or online except CDL's and over what ever the old age limit is.
        Small town S. W. Ga./St. James Fl.

Comment

Originally posted by Slough View Post
          Didn't know that the star on the license was for all that. In Ga, you had to go to DMV (forgot when the starting year was) with all the paper work to prove you is you to get a license and then it has a gold star on it. Before that, a regular license could be renewed by mail (CDL's and over 70 (I think is the age) had to go in for renewal). After you get a license with a star, you can renew by mail or online except CDL's and over what ever the old age limit is.
          Good info..
          Mobile, Al.
          Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Originally posted by KMac View Post

As I understand the rules, no, you would not need it as long as you have a valid passport. But, we're talking about the TSA here.. LOL.. It says on there website that you have to have a Star ID OR an approved form of identification.. Here is the list:
            • Driver's licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles (or equivalent)
            • U.S. passport
            • U.S. passport card
            • DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
            • U.S. Department of Defense ID, including IDs issued to dependents
            • Permanent resident card
            • Border crossing card
            • DHS-designated enhanced driver's license
            • Federally recognized, tribal-issued photo ID
            • HSPD-12 PIV card
            • Foreign government-issued passport
            • Canadian provincial driver's license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada card
            • Transportation worker identification credential
            • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
            • U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential

I have a TWIC (the one I have in red), so I technically do not need it, however, I do not have a valid passport anymore.. Cheaper for me to get the Star ID, for now..
            Kyle, where do we go to get this star? Regular D/L renewal?
            ’19 Invincible 36 - 350 Verado’s Sold
            ’20 Invincible 35’ Cat, Quad Verado’s on order
            Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

You have to go to the actual DMV (where they give drivers license testing) to get it.. It has State Troopers staffing the place.. Not the Tag offices.. For us in Mobile, it is on Demetropolis and 90.. There is one in Fairhope..
              City Fairhope
              Office ALEA
              Status Open
              Days Open M-F
              Hours 8 am - 4:30 pm
              Lunch 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
              Address 1100 Fairhope Ave, Fairhope, AL 36532
              Phone (251) 928-3002 ext. 2661
              DL / ID Issuance Available
              DL / ID Renewal Available
              DL / ID Duplication Available
              Star ID Issuance Available
              Star ID Renewal Available
              Star ID Duplicate Available
              Foreign National Issuance Not Available
              Foreign National Renewal Not Available
              DL Written Test Available
              DL Road Test Available
              CDL Issuance Available
              CDL Renewal Available
              CDL Duplicate Available
              CDL Written Test Available
              CDL Skills Test Not Available
              License Reinstatement Not Available
              Motor Vehicle Record Not Available
              Crash Report Not Available
              Vessel Operator License Available
              Boat Registration Renewal Only Not Available
              Boat Registration Not Available
              Zoom to
              Mobile, Al.
              Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Link to all the ALEA sites.. Just click the site and it will tell you what they do at that specific branch.. Red star is ALEA offices that issue the ID.. The blue pins are regular renewal offices..

http://algeohub.maps.arcgis.com/apps...d690dc95cc9ba2
                Mobile, Al.
                Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Ok, thx.
                  That’s the same office I go to anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiretyme View Post
                    Ok, thx.
                    That’s the same office I go to anyway.
                    Mobile, Al.
                    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Funny, just went up to Firehouse and one of the ladies I know who works at DMV guided me through it. Y’all are correct, different dept but across the hall. Need five forms of ID

Comment

Funny, just went up to Firehouse and one of the ladies I know who works at DMV guided me through it. Y’all are correct, different dept but across the hall. Need five forms of ID
                        Did you get one?
                        Mobile, Al.
                        Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Not today. I was working at house (still am, just taking a break) and was starving so ran up to get a sub and ran into her there.
                          I will, but have to gather up the book of info they require so maybe next week.

Was going to ride with Prop to Keys and Miami tomorrow but after discussing we figured he’d need more help on way back from being worn out, so I’ll probably meet him in Stuart next Saturday and run back with him. Tell ya what though, he’s only thirty seven and his candle still burns at both ends. He and his Dad are leaving OBA at 0300 and heading to Marathon and then up to Port St Lucie........long ride!

Comment

Not today. I was working at house (still am, just taking a break) and was starving so ran up to get a sub and ran into her there.

Was going to ride with Prop to Keys and Miami tomorrow but after discussing we figured he’d need more help on way back from being worn out, so I’ll probably meet him in Stuart next Saturday and run back with him. Tell ya what though, he’s only thirty seven and his candle still burns at both ends. He and his Dad are leaving OBA at 0300 and heading to Marathon and then up to Port St Lucie........long ride!
                            Better hope he doesn't kill his dad.
                            Engine Sales and Service
                            Ph +1 954.463.1515
                            Fx +1
                            Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
                            www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Reading that makes me tired!!! LOL.. Ahhh to be 37 again..
                              Mobile, Al.
                              Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post

Better hope he doesn't kill his dad.
                                Last year, and every year prior, they have trailered and left out of S FL. Mr Bazor said Chris slept all the way back on drive home last year, and that ain’t no quick trip dragging a 38’ Fountain, even with a big ole dually.

That’s why I figured if he needed help it would be better served on return trip if they are exhausted. Probably run the cut on way back, and then zip out of Ft Myers or Sanibel unless weather is crap. Can always sneak up to Anclote Key and make a B-line for Caravelle, then run the ditch.........but it’ll have to be really bad in GOM for that to happen.

We used to do that route in trawlers because at 8 or 9 knots you’re ready to get out of any snot as soon as you can!

I used to like staying overnight at Tarpon Springs. It was a neat little town just to walk up and down the one street next to city dock.

Comment

Working...
                                X