Engine Sales and Service
      Ph +1 954.463.1515
      Fx +1
      Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
      www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Did you have to take all that BS to prove you is you?
        Small town S. W. Ga./St. James Fl.

Comment

Originally posted by Slough View Post
          Fork me.
          So. Picture this.
          I go to the Pompano Citi Centre (I kid you not, spelling and all), basically a mall on it's last legs, most stores closed, a JC Penny as anchor. You know, the home for FL DMV.
          Second floor. There is this group of people outside the DMV, (Which is next to various DL skools, Insurance places, etc). We are in a "Mall" now, walkways is un A/C'd and there are 20 people in front of the DMV, not in line, but just "hanging". I walk in the door, immediately the crowd informs me I am cutting in line.
          So, there is a line, to get, in line.
          I stand, with 20 other people of various nationalities, all of us blending our sweat together, it is aromatic.
          Finally I get in the door, and am officially "In line", meanwhile, I am checking my "papers", I have as documentation of where I live no leass than five (5) pieces that say who I am. Three with address, all the same. Passport, Valid D/L, MMC, Global Entry, TWIC, etc. What I DO NOT have and haven't had since I was adopted was a SS Card, my voters registration is in my desk, and I don't have a power bill. Anyway, I think I'm good. Get the counter, nope. None of that stuff matters. Need SS card, voters ID OR a Car Registration. Wait, I have that!!! In the car.
          Down the stairs, out in the lot I go, I rummage through my "glove" box, no gloves, but every other piece of shit I have not thrown away in the last 5 years of owning that fine GMC.
          Back up the stairs, get to cut the line this time, and good to go.
          Sign a bunch of stuff. Yes, I had a DUI in 99. No, not in a drug program. Take my picture, pay $55 and, 8 years later I have anew license.
          8 years ago I had hair.
          What a mother effin depressing day and it got better.
          Then I picked up my prostate MRI.
          Next week the urologist.
          Engine Sales and Service
          Ph +1 954.463.1515
          Fx +1

[email protected]
          www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Originally posted by Slough View Post
            No kidding.. In April, we went to the DMV to get our STAR license. The STAR license is the state of Alabama's version of a federally vetted identification card that doubles as our drivers license. It will allow us to fly on domestic flights, and be cleared for certain things. Here is a copy and paste of the description:
            “Secure, Trusted, And Reliable,” STAR ID is part of a nationwide effort to improve the integrity and security of state-issued driver licenses and identification cards, which, in turn, will help fight terrorism and reduce fraud.

Anyway, we go in and she (DMV lady) tells us that we need to come back on another day, but come in very early, like 7 am. She said she had given out all the numbers for the STAR ID for that day. So, I had her check all our paperwork to make sure we had everything. It's incredible.. SS card.. Current drivers license. Copy of utility bill. Copy of registration for automobile. And last but not least, your original birth certificate.

She looks at it all (for wife and I both) and says. your all set.. Just come back earlier. So, we head in the other day.. It was the first opportunity we had to spend ALL FRIGGIN DAY in the DMV.. We show up, lady asks for our paperwork. She checks all of mine and gives me a number.. She starts looking at my wife's and says, "This isn't gonna work".. I ask, "What isn't going to work?" She then holds up my wife's birth certificate, the only one she has ever had in her 50 years on this earth mind you, and says "this".. I ask what the problem is. It's an Indiana birth certificate that she used to get her replacement SS card after we married.. Same BC that she used when getting her DL in 1985. Passport, etc.. Same one she has always used for everything. She goes on to tell us that it isn't a "true birth certificate" just a copy of a live birth. I brought to her attention that it was signed and had the Indiana seal on it. She said didn't matter.. She said she was surprised that we were able to get a regular DL, years ago. I protested, saying it worked for all these years and that she didn't have another BC..

So long story really short, she turned us away. We are now in the process of working with Indiana to get a "Long" birth certificate. Although Indiana says the one we have should be fine for anything, including TWIC and Passports..

I guess if she were an illegal, it wouldn't have mattered..

Good luck Ole.. We'll talk to you next week some time.. LOL..
            2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO
            Mobile, Al.
            Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post

Then I picked up my prostate MRI.
              Next week the urologist.
              Problems?
              Mobile, Al.
              Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

I'm out, I got my STAR license, now with the other 10 forms of ID, and all it takes for me to get in country is a handrwritten number with Black Sharpie that as my LBO number on it.
                Wait till I tell the story on bringing a customers boat back, CBP, and ROAM app (SHIT), what a P.I.T.A.
                Anyway, one more thing, they checked my eyes. Mind you I wear glasses to read not drive, anyways, smart me tries to read this thing my face is up against. she says, read Line Five (5) I do, eight digits, she says, there are four more, I say, not they ain't, we do this three (3) times. I'm thinking I'm blind, she thinks I'm crazy.
                Anyway, the lost four digits show up, I read them with one eye, good to go.
                Eff me.
                Engine Sales and Service
                Ph +1 954.463.1515
                Fx +1

[email protected]
                www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

In Fairhope, 10, maybe 15 minutes for DL
                  Tag renewal or new vehicle usually an hour or less.

In Alabama, you can get your DL renewed anywhere in state. When I used to to travel, I’d stop by Greenville, AL courthouse and it would take me longer to walk in that get it done. Guess I’ll stay in redneck riviera
                  ’19 Invincible 36 - 350 Verado’s Sold
                  ’20 Invincible 35’ Cat, Quad Merc V8’s on order
                  Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

Originally posted by Tiretyme View Post
                    In Fairhope, 10, maybe 15 minutes for DL
                    Tag renewal or new vehicle usually an hour or less.

In Alabama, you can get your DL renewed anywhere in state. When I used to to travel, I’d stop by Greenville, AL courthouse and it would take me longer to walk in that get it done. Guess I’ll stay in redneck riviera
                    When you get your Star ID, you have to go to the DMV (State Police office) and get the Star ID.. You will eventually have to do it, Joey.. LOL...
                    Mobile, Al.
                    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

What’s a star ID?

Comment

What’s a star ID?
                        It's an ID you have to get that replaces you current State DL. Starting in October, you'll need one to fly.. Here's a copy and paste from the website:

https://www.alea.gov/dps/driver-license/star-id..

"Effective October 1, 2020, every air traveler will need a REAL ID compliant license/ID (STAR ID) or another form of identification for domestic air travel. (See TSA’s website for a full list acceptable identification for domestic air travel)

STAR IDs are issued to qualified individuals only at Alabama Law Enforcement Agency Driver License exam offices. County operated license offices will continue to provide renewals/duplicates for license, IDcards, and STAR ID.

Once the provision of the REAL ID Act (STAR ID) goes into effect, individuals who do not have an unexpired U.S. passport will need an Alabama STAR ID to board commercial aircraft for domestic flights orto enter certain regulated federal facilities."
                        Mobile, Al.
                        Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Since I have a Passport, I wouldn’t need this, correct?

Comment

Since I have a Passport, I wouldn’t need this, correct?
                            As I understand the rules, no, you would not need it as long as you have a valid passport. But, we're talking about the TSA here.. LOL.. It says on there website that you have to have a Star ID OR an approved form of identification.. Here is the list:
                            • Driver's licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles (or equivalent)
                            • U.S. passport
                            • U.S. passport card
                            • DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
                            • U.S. Department of Defense ID, including IDs issued to dependents
                            • Permanent resident card
                            • Border crossing card
                            • DHS-designated enhanced driver's license
                            • Federally recognized, tribal-issued photo ID
                            • HSPD-12 PIV card
                            • Foreign government-issued passport
                            • Canadian provincial driver's license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada card
                            • Transportation worker identification credential
                            • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
                            • U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential

I have a TWIC (the one I have in red), so I technically do not need it, however, I do not have a valid passport anymore.. Cheaper for me to get the Star ID, for now..
                            Mobile, Al.
                            Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

It's not the way I read it, or was done to me.
                              I couldn't renew online, I couldn't make an appointment.
                              I have every piece of ID known to man, and now, I have aStar ID.
                              At some point, when your D/L is up for re-newal, you will have a Star ID, I think.
                              Engine Sales and Service
                              Ph +1 954.463.1515
                              Fx +1

[email protected]
                              www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Working...
                              X