X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trades

What is it with people?
    I have my boat for sale/trade.
    People ask me if I am interested in a trade, they have "X", I say, "How much are you asking"?
    They say, it's not for sale right now.
    WTF? How do they expect to trade if they don't know what they think their boat is worth to them?
    S.O.A.B.
    Engine Sales and Service
    Ph +1 954.463.1515
    Fx +1
    Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
    www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Welcome to my world! And they will want retail trade allowance from your wholesale boat price; never fails!

Comment

It’s almost a spectacle at times.
      I know some car dealers who will take a boat on trade
      Know some boat dealers, Prop, who took one of those 3 wheel Polaris Slingshot’s on trade.
      I have no idea how you accomplish a trade with an individual who won’t even name a price.
      Certain you have looked, but are there any boat dealers in your area that work out decent trade deals?
      What’s the sales tax exposure in FL?
      ’19 Invincible 36 - 350 Verado’s Sold
      ’20 Invincible 35’ Cat, Quad Merc V8’s on order
      Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

LOL.. They don't want to say hoping you'll give them more than it's worth..
        2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO
        Mobile, Al.
        Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Originally posted by KMac View Post
          LOL.. They don't want to say hoping you'll give them more than it's worth..
          I list something for sale. XXXX Dollars.
          Get a call, "Whats the lowest price I will take"? WTF?
          XXXX Dollars, says so right there, make an offer.
          I'm not doing your homework for you.
          Engine Sales and Service
          Ph +1 954.463.1515
          Fx +1

[email protected]
          www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post

I list something for sale. XXXX Dollars.
            Get a call, "Whats the lowest price I will take"? WTF?
            XXXX Dollars, says so right there, make an offer.
            I'm not doing your homework for you.
            I know it's frustrating.. I always laugh at the "slick guys" on THT.. Some boat is put up for sale.. Within a few hours someone puts up a WTB post.. Same type, model of boat listed but for 1/2 what they want.. Could you be any more obvious??? LOL..
            Mobile, Al.
            Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

How's about reading? Anyone read the Listing?
              And, what is wrong with signing your name at the end of a PM or email? When I reply, "Hey, D/H'?
              What's with "Hey" anyway?
              Engine Sales and Service
              Ph +1 954.463.1515
              Fx +1

[email protected]
              www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

And, what is wrong with signing your name at the end of a PM or email? When I reply, "Hey, D/H'?
                LOL.. You killing me smalls..

They don't leave names because they are trying to remain anonymous. People actually do this crap for a living. They normally use "free" email that they have multiple accounts from.. Like [email protected].. They also have [email protected].. I have seen them have what looks like a companies email, but it is just an individual trying to scam you.. They are looking for something for nothing..

I have been in a situation before where it's XX dollars or best offer.. Invariably, I do my homework and, if they are overpriced, I make an offer.. I explain why I made my offer the way I did.. Most of the time, the response is a terse, no thanks.. Now, I am NOT a low baller.. But what I have seen is that most people buying want something for nothing and most people selling something believe what they are selling is better than everything else out there.. I emphasize the word most.. I realize not all are like this.. Anyway, once I point out what the issue is and what it will cost to repair/bring to operating condition, they balk.. Say something to the affect "you know it is used, right??".

I just went through this the other day looking at lawn tractors.. People have a lawn tractor they are selling. Some with a bagger (bagger cost $349 new) some without. This is just 1 I will tell you about.. I ran into a dozen easily like this.. I contacted about 6 and just quit. This person had a John Deere D130 with about 25 hours on it. Has a bagger. About 4 years old. They want $2150 for it.. I can buy the mower BRAND NEW from Lowes for $1999.. When I was looking, they also had a $250 rebate and 5% off if I use my Lowes card. But ignoring all that, $1999.. I already have a bagger, but I understand it is a package deal. So I inquire about how firm they are and I am told, "Very firm".. "Don't bother low balling me".. So, I explain to them that they are trying to sell a mower that is used for the price of a new one. They got mad and blocked me.. I literally could have bought the same combo brand new for $2348 - $117 (5% discount using my lowes card) and a $250 rebate. $2230.. Without the rebate.. So, am I going to pay $2150 for a 4 year old mower that is out of warranty or pay $80 dollars more and buy brand new??? Of course, I would buy brand new.. In the end, I just repaired my now 17 year old John Deere and keep using it..

People like you, who do this stuff for a living, know what it takes to move something.. For someone who doesn't understand what it takes (we call it T&M cost) to do what has or needs to be done, they just do not get it.. You and I could do business, no problems.. Even if I didn't purchase I could appreciate what it takes to do what has been done.. In a past life, I restored old vehicles.. International Scouts.. I realize (more than most) I will/would NEVER get all the cost (T&M) associated with what I have done, bit someone who understands what it takes, doesn't try to low ball and basically insult you.. LOL..
                Mobile, Al.
                Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Out of the 100 plus that do that only 1 can even afford it.

AJ

Never liked the Hey Bro either.

Comment

Originally posted by ajtec View Post

Out of the 100 plus that do that only 1 can even afford it.

AJ

Never liked the Hey Bro either.
                    100% agree..
                    Mobile, Al.
                    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

I love when the email to our sales dept "please send me more info on xyz boat" when there is literally 15 pictures and 3 paragraphs about the boat on 15 different websites including our own My repsonse is always the same: Thank you for your email and your interest in our boat. Please let me know what questions you may have about the vessel and I'll do my best to assist you. Thanks again for your intersest and my personal contact information is shown below.
                      I might get one response out of 10 or 15 and half the time it's "which boat did I email you about?"

Comment

Originally posted by erie skipper View Post
                        I love when the email to our sales dept "please send me more info on xyz boat" when there is literally 15 pictures and 3 paragraphs about the boat on 15 different websites including our own My repsonse is always the same: Thank you for your email and your interest in our boat. Please let me know what questions you may have about the vessel and I'll do my best to assist you. Thanks again for your intersest and my personal contact information is shown below.
                        I might get one response out of 10 or 15 and half the time it's "which boat did I email you about?"
                        The mass tire kicker.. LOL..
                        Mobile, Al.
                        Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Small town S. W. Ga./St. James Fl.

Comment

Originally posted by Slough View Post
                            I like it!
                            Engine Sales and Service
                            Ph +1 954.463.1515
                            Fx +1