IPhone users beware!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPhone users beware!!!

I downloaded the Beta testing IOS 13.. It is the latest Iphone operating system that is in the beta testing mode.. It helps them get it right, I guess you'd say.. Anyway, I downloaded it and updated my system.. Well, I tried to use my carplay this morning and although it would connect, it was not functional.

I tried to remove it on my own and was able to delete the profile created, etc.. However, my phone automatically backed itself up last night with the NEW software. So, even if I were to try to restore my phone to the latest "public" IOS release, it wouldn't work because ,my back up is from the 13.0 IOS.. The only way for me to get rid of it is to wait on a the next publicly released update or completely wipe my phone to factory new and lose all my stuff. Apple should warn people of that potential.. I will wait..

Just a warning to those who may want to do it.. Don't..
    2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO
    Mobile, Al.
    Dauphin Island, Al.

What is this iphone thing of which you speak?
    Engine Sales and Service
    Ph +1 954.463.1515
    Fx +1
    Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
    www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
      What is this iphone thing of which you speak?
      LOL.. It's a flip phone, without the flip, that has been given steroids..
      Mobile, Al.
      Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Originally posted by KMac View Post
        I downloaded the Beta testing IOS 13.. It is the latest Iphone operating system that is in the beta testing mode.. It helps them get it right, I guess you'd say.. Anyway, I downloaded it and updated my system.. Well, I tried to use my carplay this morning and although it would connect, it was not functional.

I tried to remove it on my own and was able to delete the profile created, etc.. However, my phone automatically backed itself up last night with the NEW software. So, even if I were to try to restore my phone to the latest "public" IOS release, it wouldn't work because ,my back up is from the 13.0 IOS.. The only way for me to get rid of it is to wait on a the next publicly released update or completely wipe my phone to factory new and lose all my stuff. Apple should warn people of that potential.. I will wait..

Just a warning to those who may want to do it.. Don't..
        Isn't that's why its in beta. There is going to be bugs in it. Thanks for the info anyways.

Comment

I use a program called iMazing it does backups of all my "i-stuff", over wifi automatically, and keeps all the previous back-ups (kinda like Time Machine). With this program you can go back to a previous backup and restore from there. Bloody i... Mazing!
          Jupiter 31FS / Verado 300s in Fiji - V8's on order
          Haines 2100SO / Verado 300 Pro in NZ

Comment

Originally posted by Surfercross View Post

Isn't that's why its in beta. There is going to be bugs in it. Thanks for the info anyways.
            Yes, you're right.. However, I use my carplay for travel, so that's a no go.. Oddly enough, it moved my apps around and put them in different folders?? Doesn't matter now, anyway.. I'm stuck with it until they do a public update.. Lesson learned..
            Mobile, Al.
            Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Originally posted by Mozza View Post
              I use a program called iMazing it does backups of all my "i-stuff", over wifi automatically, and keeps all the previous back-ups (kinda like Time Machine). With this program you can go back to a previous backup and restore from there. Bloody i... Mazing!
              I thought I would be able to do that as well, however, I learned a valuable lesson today.. The Icloud backup that takes place automatically each day, is not available on ITunes.. In order for Apple to keep multiple previous backups, you have to use ITunes from the computer.. Plug in the cord and sync then backup..

Learn something each day..
              Mobile, Al.
              Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

That sux!
                I never update my phone......it’s about toast anyway-5s, so as soon as my sister gets everything off my Dads iPhone she needs I’m going to take it. Think it’s an 8
                Did update on my iPad a few weeks ago, now they want to cram Apple Pay and everything else down your throat so won’t being doing that again either. I knew better
                ’19 Invincible 36 - 350 Verado’s Sold
                ’20 Invincible 35’ Cat, Quad Verado’s on order
                Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

Originally posted by Tiretyme View Post
                  That sux!
                  I never update my phone......it’s about toast anyway-5s, so as soon as my sister gets everything off my Dads iPhone she needs I’m going to take it. Think it’s an 8
                  Did update on my iPad a few weeks ago, now they want to cram Apple Pay and everything else down your throat so won’t being doing that again either. I knew better
                  Yes, it is a double edged sword.. The updates help the phone handle the "current" applications, etc.. However, those updates are all angled towards the newer technology.. So, the older the phone, the more the updates "cripple" it.. That is exactly why we got rid of our 6's and got the X.. ABout 2 weeks after we got the new phones, Apple came out and admitted what we all knew: They have been slowing down the older phones with the updates to keep the battery life extended.. Yeah right.. Anyway, they offered anyone with the 6 or older a new battery.. Too little, too late..
                  Mobile, Al.
                  Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

So I can get a new battery for my 5s? That is my biggest issue. It’ll go dead overnight, just sitting, if not plugged in

Comment

So I can get a new battery for my 5s? That is my biggest issue. It’ll go dead overnight, just sitting, if not plugged in
                      I know they said they would do it for the 6, but you would have to ask an ATT rep in one of the stores.. Problem with it (even if I would not have gotten rid of mine) was that you had to send it off to a repair facility to have it done.. Took about a week and if I remember correctly, the customer was responsible for the shipping to and from..

I think it was a limited time offer, but you'll need to stop by one of the stores and ask..
                      Mobile, Al.
                      Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

I looked it up. Nothing below 6

Comment

I looked it up. Nothing below 6
                          That's what I thought..