Long Week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Week

Daddy was down at the coast last week working on the house and getting things to repair it, the seawall and dock with. Saturday morning, he got stuck in a wash behind the house from the storm. He waved a nice gentleman down and asked him to help him. The man said he had to get two crews started but would come back. He did and they got Daddy's truck out. Daddy and him talked and he wanted no payment. Well Daddy went behind the man's truck to unhook the chain and the man did not realize it and backed up. He was in the sand so he had to pull up and back up again. Diesel 1 ton, so he could not hear Daddy hollering. He finally heard Daddy and got him out from under the truck. Daddy said he thought he could go under it but with it sinking some in the sand it didn't work. He was able to stay away from the wheels but the rear end and shock brackets got him. He has 6 broke ribs and it knocked his upper teeth into his head. The teeth were surgically removed Saturday afternoon. The man called an ambulance and stayed with Daddy till it left headed to Tallahassee. He was in Tallahassee but we were able to bring him to Camilla yesterday for re-hab. He has a long painful way to go but thanks to the good Lord, nothing real serious or even worse. I hope to in the days to come find out who the man was so I can call him and thank him for helping my Dad and staying with him after the accident (he could have easily said oh shit and hauled ass). He was at no way at fault and Daddy and us lay no blame on him and hate it happened. Some one that was good enough to help a stranger with no reward wanted has a good heart and I feel sure he probably wishes it was him under the truck instead of Daddy. Again, thanks for the prayers and Thank the GOOD LORD for looking after an old man best he could.

What a shame. Best of luck to your dad and hope he recovers quickly.

Comment

Sorry to hear, thank goodness your Dad is still with us.
      God bless,
      BWP

Comment

Shame that happened. Shows how quick things can go wrong. Best of luck with his recovery.

Comment

WOW-What a story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God bless your dad and you for being a very good son

Comment

Oh my, that is terrible. Best to your Dad in his recovery.
            That is definitely one of those instances that begs the question ‘why’?
            I’m sure the man felt sickened to say the least.
            Almost like punishment for a good deed.
            ‘12 Blackwood - 300 Verado's (for sale)
            '17 Nor-Tech 340 - sold
            '18 Fountain 38 - sold
            ’19 Invincible 36 - 350 Verado’s (on order)

Comment

Wow that's a crazy story! Glad all worked out in the end and your dad is safe and recovering.

Comment

Wow, I wouldn't believe it if you didn't write it!
                Wishes for s speedy recovery for your father.
                Engine Sales and Service
                Ph +1 954.463.1515
                Fx +1
                Toll Free: 800.622.6747

oparker@parkeryacht.com
                www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Glad you dad is OK. Hope he recovers well!
                  Andrew Munao Jr
                  Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
                  888-231-2392 | andyjr@shipyardisland.com | simyamaha.com

Comment

Good luck and God speed to your Dad! Bad things happen way to quickly sometimes!

Comment

Best wishes to your dad, I hope he has a full recovery. I bet that poor guy feels terrible, tried to help someone and that happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X