• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SIM View Post
    Wad up Kemper!
    LOL! He never gives up.

Comment

Originally posted by SIM View Post
      Wad up Kemper!
      I've been busy. This economy is great for anyone in the construction biz around here. I still try to get home early. I can retire in Feb. but I don't have any hassles at work and I can pretty well name my price so I'll have to make that decision.

I mainly paint interior trim packages on new homes and apartments. I also do repaints on walls and trim on existing dwelling as well as some outside painting, mainly on commercial buildings.

Haven't had much time to metal detect but found a brass token given out when our first bank opened here in 1886. Brass holds up good in the ground around here so that stuff is fun to find.

Thanks for asking.

Comment

I don't think there is a standard of any kind as far as bans go. The mod there was posting one day talking about someone that was banned 9 times. Some people get banned for one infraction that may not even be an infraction. The rules are set up there, as they are on many forums, in a way that just about anyone could get a ban for just about any post. It's a business that uses people to make money.

Most people that want to participate in a forum are going to go where the most people are. THT is going to get a certain number of members that post regardless of how THT runs their business. It's just a shame that THT,like many other forums, is not as much fun as it use to be. Not enough people stirring the pot and joking around in the off-topic sections. That is what kept a higher number of members around but the numbers don't mean as much as they use to.

It is a bummer when you try to help someone out on the main topics but can't because of the bad/untrue info that people post. I ran into that on the detecting forums. I did however manage to go back on THT probably over a hundred times without one bad comment from any of the members. They started banning members for talking to me. The mods couldn't get anybody on their side in regards to thinking I should be banned. Just the opposite of the threesome the mods had when screwing me over when they first banned me.

Not enough people are going to go back on there and make the authority earn their money by being more fair. I can't say I blame anyone for just staying away but if you take the time you can have a little fun trying to make things better. I've been taking a break though.

Comment

Of course it depends which side of the isle you're on, but I think the biggest problem is the Mods are much more ban happy towards the liberals in the crowd. If any of the trumpsters had said the same thing I did it would have been a non event. I had also noticed that several of the Democrats in the perpetual arguments of the Bilge got sh*t canned right before I did. It was almost like an ethnic cleansing.

But I should have known not to get sucked back into the Bilge arguments. It's just a source of aggravation in the long term. Much better to be over here and leave the political nonsense there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sailfish 218 View Post
            Of course it depends which side of the isle you're on, but I think the biggest problem is the Mods are much more ban happy towards the liberals in the crowd. If any of the trumpsters had said the same thing I did it would have been a non event. I had also noticed that several of the Democrats in the perpetual arguments of the Bilge got sh*t canned right before I did. It was almost like an ethnic cleansing.

But I should have known not to get sucked back into the Bilge arguments. It's just a source of aggravation in the long term. Much better to be over here and leave the political nonsense there.
            What happened to Redbanksteve?

i noticed he was gone. Don’t go down their much. But he was a fixture.

Are they banning people there too???
            Last edited by Pstephens46; 08-09-2018, 09:04 PM.

Comment

I certainly wouldn't pay to discuss politics as you have to do there. This is the only place I discussed politics and that was because there wasn't much else going on here that got much traffic. I also don't like to post in sub-forums where the general public can not see all posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstephens46 View Post

What happened to Redbanksteve?

i noticed he was gone. Don’t go down their much. But he was a fixture.

Are they banning people there too???
                Redbanksteve got banned a couple days before I did. He was part of the purge.

Comment

Any idea what the reason was? The norm down there is pretty ugly by generally all participants.

hell I read where one called another “ A godless piece of shit” Either it has rules or not... anyhow....Private organization can do whatever it wants to do.

Comment

When you say purge, is that like a permanent ban, or a timed-out type ban?
                    '12 Blackwood - 300 Verado's (for sale)
                    '17 Nor-Tech 340 - sold
                    '18 Fountain 38 - sold
                    ’19 Invincible 36 - 350 Verado’s (on order)

Comment

Originally posted by Kemper101 View Post
                      I certainly wouldn't pay to discuss politics as you have to do there. This is the only place I discussed politics and that was because there wasn't much else going on here that got much traffic. I also don't like to post in sub-forums where the general public can not see all posts.
                      I don’t pay THT a dime. Paying to access bilge is like, well, paying to crawl in a bilge.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiretyme View Post

When you say purge, is that like a permanent ban, or a timed-out type ban?
                        Mine was a couple of months. I assume the others were more or less the same.

Comment

The bilge, just seemed like a rude place to be.
                          People just calling each other names.
                          Not my cup of tea.
                          Engine Sales and Service
                          Ph +1 954.463.1515
                          Fx +1
                          Toll Free: 800.622.6747

oparker@parkeryacht.com
                          www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Working...
                          X