Economy------.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sailfish 218 View Post

Thank you!! Someone that actually knows the truth about the conversation, instead of what they heard from Faux News, or the president, which is one and the same in most cases.
    And you sir can go back to left field where you belong with your constant accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by erie skipper View Post

And you sir can go back to left field where you belong with your constant accusations.
      I'm not sure what you mean about accusations. You implied that Canadians have crap health care and they all hate it. I posted a legitimate poll with back up showing that you were incorrect. Why is that an accusation?

I can be in left field and you can be in right field and we can still play on the same ball field. We're actually all on the same team here anyhow.

Comment

I can be in left field and you can be in right field and we can still play on the same ball field. We're actually all on the same team here anyhow.
        Yes we are!

Andrew Munao Jr
        Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
        888-231-2392 | andyjr@shipyardisland.com | simyamaha.com

Comment

• Originally posted by SIM View Post

Yes we are!

Oh yeah! I feel a group hug coming up..
          BWP

Comment

• Sailfish,
            I don't disagree with you.
            The problem lies as much from within the US as much as it does with "outside", how do we fix it?
            When it's easier for our own citizens to live off the Government (us) then to get a job and support themselves, how does it get fixed?
            Engine Sales and Service
            Ph +1 954.463.1515
            Fx +1
            Toll Free: 800.622.6747

oparker@parkeryacht.com
            www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

• Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
              Sailfish,
              I don't disagree with you.
              The problem lies as much from within the US as much as it does with "outside", how do we fix it?
              When it's easier for our own citizens to live off the Government (us) then to get a job and support themselves, how does it get fixed?
              I really don't believe that "it's easier for our own citizens to live off the Government (us) then to get a job and support themselves". Sure, there is some welfare fraud but it's not a rampant disease that permeates every corner of society. Interesting point is that the term "Welfare Queen" was kinda made famous by Ronald Reagan back in the mid seventies. Back when you were hanging out on the ski platform behind the KBYC and I was finishing college after doing two tours in VN, which was a war that I was totally against. It was a term that stuck and has been used for generations of Republicans to belittle the less fortunate in our society and to denigrate people of color.

I'm sure with 10 minutes on Google I could find many studies too show you that they aren't there because the either want to be or enjoy living on welfare. (There are always some objection to everything, of course.)

Sorry, but I still believe that our society is graded on how we protect and help the less fortunate. Since we've made health care unaffordable for most of the lower class, we've starved our Public School system for years and we now use our jails to incarcerate the mentally ill instead of helping them. Maybe it's time to re-open the mental health clinics that have all been closed with budget cuts. Even the "Insane Asylums" might be better than leaving them on th streets or incarcerated in jails.

We've got a whole class of Vietnam vets and another class of Iraq/Middle East veterans that are coming back with serious mental health problems. I only hope that the US Government will be there to help them and not leave them behind like they did for the Vietnam vets. But I doubt it with the current attitude of most of white middle class Americans.

Comment

• The problem with the Canadian system that has a problem at all is it it is underfunded just like most government programs. If Canadian spend as much on healthcare as Americans do and stay within the same system there would be no issue at all. But to keep down costs it limits the number of MRI facilities for instance so you don't have a bunch of vacant, underutilized but still profitable MRI machines on every corner. No one is denied surgery they actually need, but there's a difference between immediate need and when you want service. Again the theory is preventative medicine, seeing your doctor before you need treatment not fixing your poor lifestyle because you haven't seen a doctor because you can't afford it. It's not a perfect system but at least everyone gets primary care at a very low cost

Comment

• Amazon needs to be broken up like Trump says

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt_Kurt View Post
                    Amazon needs to be broken up like Trump says
                    This is still the U.S.Of A
                    Free Enterprise flourishes here..............or is supposed to

The U.S. Of A consumer cares about only one thing.............PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Price reigns supreme
                    Amazon has opened a whole new way to shop and to save money which is precisely what our consumers want
                    What Mr Trump says is meaningless
                    His imported silk products are not intended to save the consumer money
                    His imported products are to increase his bottom line
                    So, Ok for him, huh?

WalMart hurt the corner store
                    Sears did before them as did Monkey Wards, K Mart and countless others
                    The big discounters be it tires, whatever hurt the little guy
                    It's part of how business is done in the U.S. Of A and that's exactly what the U.S. Of A consumer wants and seeks out
                    Antone remember Railway Express before UPS put them out of business and now UPS and Fed X fighting for supremecy

Those who are true patriots then should buy from the higher priced places to show their loyalty
                    That'll happen...............right?

All Amazon is doing is satisfying the buying publics lust

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt_Kurt View Post
                      Amazon needs to be broken up like Trump says
                      Let's break up eBay also. I find most things are cheaper there.

Down with low prices!!

I used to have a nice little business selling discount building materials with several stores doing very well. And along came Home Depot into South Florida and that business folded in 3 years.

Down with Home Depot!!!

Every small tow America has had a dozen stores close up because a Walmart comes to town. Ruins Main Street USA.

Down with Walmart!!!

High prices rule......

Comment

• I don't know if breaking up Amazon is the right thing.
                        Look at the AT&T/Ma Bell breakup.
                        Was it better when it broke up?
                        Did it stay broken up?
                        Engine Sales and Service
                        Ph +1 954.463.1515
                        Fx +1
                        Toll Free: 800.622.6747

oparker@parkeryacht.com
                        www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

• Clearwater Beach growing up we had two gas stations
                          Phillips 66
                          Shell
                          Some folks balked at the Shell station because it wasn't a U.S. owner company and bought the Phillips 66 brand because it was a U.S. owned company.
                          Unless the Shell gas was cheaper

I have a gen-u-ine problem with AT&T because I find that their customer service stinks
                          I was satisfied with DTV ever since it became a company until AT&T took over then their customer service went down the toilet
                          I think once a strangle hold on the consumer can be established then the consumer suffers
                          I think BOA has the worst customer service in the banking industry
                          So, my cell company is AT&T
                          My Sat TV is DTV
                          My bank is BOA

GHEE-ZUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love it if I was the only boat dealer in town
                          But, I'm not and I gotta fight for your business as does' my competitors
                          I wish I didn't have to though
                          But if I was the only boat dealer in town I'd sure as poop fight with all I had in me to avoid another boat dealer opening
                          I'd have to lower my prices and not be so cocky............................Imagine that, huh?

Comment

Let's break up eBay also. I find most things are cheaper there.

Down with low prices!!

I used to have a nice little business selling discount building materials with several stores doing very well. And along came Home Depot into South Florida and that business folded in 3 years.

Down with Home Depot!!!

Every small tow America has had a dozen stores close up because a Walmart comes to town. Ruins Main Street USA.

Down with Walmart!!!

High prices rule......
                            When Wally came to Camilla, it hurt every business except the under takers. Well maybe tire stores and gas stations (our wally doesn't have those).

Comment

• Originally posted by Slough View Post

When Wally came to Camilla, it hurt every business except the under takers. Well maybe tire stores and gas stations (our wally doesn't have those).
                              How-ev-r
                              The small business's got hurt because the consumer bought at WalMart
                              It's the consumers choice

The consumer is a very fickle friend
                              The consumer is a Fair Weather Friend
                              So long as the price dictates the consumer is our pal
                              The moment another pretty face shows up with an acceptable product for less money it's "See Ya"

Once upon a time there was the "Jew you down" expression that of course is not acceptable anymore
                              Now, pick one of the above"
                              "Irish you down"
                              "Baptist you down"
                              "Yugoslavian you down"
                              "Catholic you down"
                              "Presbyterian you down"

Makes no differance

Vietnamese do it in two words repeated three times:

"Too Much-Too Much-Too Much"

Comment

• Originally posted by Slough View Post

What’s the status of the grocery store there? Harvey’s ? I don’t deal with grocery anymore...I assume it will be sold. Walmart sucks on meat and produce...

Comment

Working...
                                X