Economy------.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pstephens46 View Post
    The conversation would be so different if the illegals were not assumed to be future democrat supporters. And that is the bottom line.
    Except for those pesky facts. More migrants were deported under Obama's two terms than under any other president. Hmmm, and I thought they were all given voters ID cards on arrival? Millions and millions of them. And they all voted for Hillary? Guess not.

Fun fact of the day: More people have been indicted by Mueller in the Russian probe than were indicted for voter fraud in the whole 2016 election

I'm sure Trump is trying his best to beat Obama's deportation record though and surely expect him to do so in the near future. If he can only find enough illegals to deport since he's having trouble finding them at the border crossings. He has already beaten Obama at taking otherwise law abiding immigrants from their homes and their family, and shipping them off.

Politifacts:

Immigration advocates once dubbed then-President Barack Obama the "deporter-in-chief." Will President Donald Trump take over that title?

Trump got to the White House promising "law and order" and directed immigration officials to deport anyone in the country illegally — no exceptions.

Data from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement show that overall, fewer people were deported in fiscal year 2017 than in 2016 (fiscal year 2017 included nearly four months of the Obama administration). Overall removal numbers include individuals arrested by ICE in the interior of the country and individuals apprehended by immigration officials at the border and turned over to ICE for removal.

Comment

Remember Cesar Chevez and Bobby Kennedy marching and protesting in the 60's?
      Heard about the migrants and what we call today "Illegals" 1930's, the "Dust Bowl"?

This has been going on since the early 1900's

So what's new?

Trumps politics are what's new
      Trumps reality TV show is what's new
      The Trump followers Pep Rallys are what's new
      Getting his followers all pumped up are what's new

The U.S. Of A worker has never embraced the farm conditions, poor pay, and so on
      Aint a thing in the world new about any of this
      Hundreds of thousands of illegal Mexican pickers and workers since the very early 1900'S because "we" dont want the jobs

We dont want the jobs nor do we want to pay workmans comp, payroll taxes and so not to raise prices but we dont want the "Illegal" Mexicans to have the jobs either?

We want to build a wall that's never going to happen but does' keep the "faithful" satisfied

We want to deploy troops who do not have an arrest mandate to keep the people from getting the jobs that we dont want anyway

Comment

Originally posted by manitunc View Post

the second thing is that someone hires him. Lets enforce that law too. Or maybe its the first thing, offering an illegal a job if he can get across the border, instead of sponsoring an immigrant.
        Agreed. It makes my point. One lawless act, leads to others.
        Andrew Munao Jr
        Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
        888-231-2392 | [email protected] | simyamaha.com

Comment

Originally posted by SIM View Post

Agreed. It makes my point. One lawless act, leads to others.
          And that Andy is what Mueller is establishing also

Comment

Originally posted by Comm. (VP) Mike Carrigan Sr. View Post

And that Andy is what Mueller is establishing also
            So following the law is only a good thing when it concerns Trump?

That's the problem Mike. The selective application of it. Not trying to change the subject to Hillary, but honestly Hillary should be in jail. That is the kind of stuff that is so disappointing. It seems the law only applies to certain people. It leads to more lawlessness. Why should I pay taxes then? If I didn't because I didn't agree with the tax law, I would end up in jail. So would all of us.

The illegals are here illegally. Anyone can try and justify it, but the facts are that. They are here illegally. Its when laws are not followed and are broken, that leads to the mess we are in with them. Its just the truth.
            Andrew Munao Jr

Comment

That's the problem Mike. The selective application of it. Not trying to change the subject to Hillary, but honestly Hillary should be in jail. That is the kind of stuff that is so disappointing. It seems the law only applies to certain people. It leads to more lawlessness. Why should I pay taxes then? If I didn't because I didn't agree with the tax law, I would end up in jail. So would all of us.

The illegals are here illegally. Anyone can try and justify it, but the facts are that. They are here illegally. Its when laws are not followed and are broken, that leads to the mess we are in with them. Its just the truth.
              Andy
              Hillary, Slick Willie, OBama, are not in the discussion
              I dont care about them, they have nothing to do with the tariffs or the Trump insanity that's going on
              What should have been, could have been, whatever is not what's going on right now
              I was not a fan of Hillary, or "I did not have sex with that woman" guy, nor Mr Obama
              Slick Willie paid the price for lieing
              Mr Trump's turn at bat is yet to come, but it will

Comment

Originally posted by Comm. (VP) Mike Carrigan Sr. View Post

Andy
                Hillary, Slick Willie, OBama, are not in the discussion
                I dont care about them, they have nothing to do with the tariffs or the Trump insanity that's going on
                What should have been, could have been, whatever is not what's going on right now
                I was not a fan of Hillary, or "I did not have sex with that woman" guy, nor Mr Obama
                Slick Willie paid the price for lieing
                Mr Trump's turn at bat is yet to come, but it will
                Read what I said Mike..... I am not trying say since Hillary did it, Trump can do it (or Obama or whoever). What i am saying is the double standards we use in all the cases. We are where we are at because the selective enforcement of existing laws. The little guy like you and me can't get away with anything(which is how it should be). Law enforcement does not only have consequences for our actions, its a deterrent. When we don't feel like it apply's to someone in a certain situation(illegal immigrants for example), that is when we start to fall apart as a nation. Which is where we are at now. Illegals are illegal by the definition of the word. Its that simple.
                Andrew Munao Jr

Comment

Its selective when we dont go after the people enticing them here, hiring them, abusing them, avoiding taxes and then bitching they came over. Once again, the poor are the easy target. The rich get away with it. Arresting one employer will do more to stop illegal immigration than arresting 10 illegals. But no one wants to do that. And creating conditions that allows them to stay safe and prosper in their own country is easier, cheaper and more effective than a wall that can just be flown over. Or are we going to ban tourists also.

Comment

Originally posted by manitunc View Post

Its selective when we dont go after the people enticing them here, hiring them, abusing them, avoiding taxes and then bitching they came over. Once again, the poor are the easy target. The rich get away with it. Arresting one employer will do more to stop illegal immigration than arresting 10 illegals. But no one wants to do that. And creating conditions that allows them to stay safe and prosper in their own country is easier, cheaper and more effective than a wall that can just be flown over. Or are we going to ban tourists also.
                    I agree we should go after the employers and hit them with heavy fines. It would not stop the criminals coming over but the money from the fines could help fund the wall...Charlie
                    Greetings from Lake Hopatcong NJ / Milltown NJ

Comment

• Originally posted by Mako runner View Post

I agree we should go after the employers and hit them with heavy fines. It would not stop the criminals coming over but the money from the fines could help fund the wall...Charlie
                      Charlie
                      We have the solution for funding the wall
                      It's all included in your Trump University manuals
                      You can grow up to be just like Uncle Donald by enrolling in Trump University
                      Remember when Uncle Donald called out................................
                      "Whose gonna pay for it"
                      And all the loyal Uncle Donald folks responded............................
                      "MEXICO"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Mako runner
                        Mako runner commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not even worthy of an answer

• Fines they can pay. Jail they won't like. And why does disappointment with trump automatically turn into support for democrats. They all stink.

Comment

• Originally posted by manitunc View Post
                        Fines they can pay. Jail they won't like. And why does disappointment with trump automatically turn into support for democrats. They all stink.
                        Fines bring in money. Just make them big enough that they don't like them. Jails cost the taxpayers money..Charlie
                        Greetings from Lake Hopatcong NJ / Milltown NJ

Comment

• Originally posted by SIM View Post

Read what I said Mike..... I am not trying say since Hillary did it, Trump can do it (or Obama or whoever). What i am saying is the double standards we use in all the cases. We are where we are at because the selective enforcement of existing laws. The little guy like you and me can't get away with anything(which is how it should be). Law enforcement does not only have consequences for our actions, its a deterrent. When we don't feel like it apply's to someone in a certain situation(illegal immigrants for example), that is when we start to fall apart as a nation. Which is where we are at now. Illegals are illegal by the definition of the word. Its that simple.
                          Andy! Did you not get the memo???

Comment

• Originally posted by manitunc View Post
                            erie,
                            are you saying that illegal entry from Canada is down 46% from last year. I wasnt aware of a great exodus of Canadians crossing illegally into the US. Or is that other nationalities coming to Canada and then sneaking across the border? Why isnt there a clamor to build a wall between Canada and the U.S.?

As to the Caravans from central america, this happens every year. they get together and travel to the U.S. border and apply for asylum. In the past 4 years, 3 people have been admitted under the asylum exception. This probably causes a bigger problem for Mexico than the U.S., as where do those people go when they can't get in. So Mexico is trying to stop them at their southern border too.

Illegal immigration is illegal, plain and simple, whether they swim across the Rio Grande, sail across the gulf stream or fly into JFK. Illegals should be caught and deported. They cannot and do not, for the most part, obtain government services because they cant and are afraid of getting caught. But how is it that they survive. They survive because good Americans hire them, pay them and close their eyes because they are cheap, expendable and exploitable. I never hear any great outcry about going after those American's who create the demand, like drug pushers, for these poor people to risk it all to get here and be abused along the way and after they arrive. As long as "good" Americans keep hiring them, they will keep coming. Go after the cause, not the effect. You prevent cancer by not smoking, not by cutting out your lung after the fact.

So, I didnt see any response to my suggestion, half jokingly, to pay them to stay away. But basically, if conditions were decent were they come from, they wouldnt bother to come here. And by the way, here is a recent report from:

Statement from ABA Chief Economist, James Chessen:

It’s rare to see delinquencies fall in nearly every category, and the levels continue to be very low by historical standards.

The steady creation of new jobs has been essential to keeping delinquencies low, and we’ve seen more than 10 million jobs filled in the past four years. Greater job stability and increased take home pay have allowed consumers to make more purchases while keeping balances low relative to their income.

Consumers are supported by a robust economy, and they continue to make judicious decisions when managing their debt levels.

We are now at a 55 year low for unemployment, basically at 1973 levels

While the heads will focus on total job creation and the pace of wage growth, the glaring fault line in the monthly jobs report has seen the absence of young workers, many of whom abandoned the labor force or never entered, particularly young men.

This crisis was addressed by Jamie Dimon, Chairman, and CEO of JP Morgan in his annual shareholder letter:

Labor force participation – particularly among men aged 25-54 – dropped dramatically. An estimated 2 million Americans are currently addicted to opioids (in 2016, a staggering 42,000 Americans died because of opioid overdoses), and some studies show this is one of the major reasons why men aged 25-54 are permanently out of work.

Even worse, 70% of today’s youth (ages 17-24) are not eligible for military service, essentially due to a lack of proper education (basic reading and writing skills) or health issues (often obesity or diabetes).

Our schools are leaving too many behind. In some inner city schools, fewer than 60% of students graduate, and of those who do, a significant number are not prepared for employment. Additionally, many of our high schools, vocational schools and community colleges do not properly prepare today’s younger generation for the available professional-level jobs, many of which pay a multiple of the minimum wage

So, our own good American kids are too stupid to be employable and too lazy or fat to work at physical jobs. Doesnt sound like illegals are stealing jobs from us. Sounds like we are stealing jobs from ourselves.
                            The Canada thing is pretty closed mouth around here. Lots of Russians in Canada and most end up driving trucks---maybe Bosnians, whatever. We watch them loading up on cigarettes at our convenience stores and black marketing them across the border since smoking is very expensive up there... We're really not sure whom they are stopping from crossing or maybe what--the building is a fortress and people have mentioned to me you must have a very good reason and an appt to just have the gate opened for you. Not much in the local media either. The 46% number is a national average, not just Canada. But Canadien health care--socialized health care--is a mess and people are leaving for that reason alone. I'm told simple surgery can take up to a year to schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by erie skipper View Post

The Canada thing is pretty closed mouth around here. Lots of Russians in Canada and most end up driving trucks---maybe Bosnians, whatever. We watch them loading up on cigarettes at our convenience stores and black marketing them across the border since smoking is very expensive up there... We're really not sure whom they are stopping from crossing or maybe what--the building is a fortress and people have mentioned to me you must have a very good reason and an appt to just have the gate opened for you. Not much in the local media either. The 46% number is a national average, not just Canada. But Canadien health care--socialized health care--is a mess and people are leaving for that reason alone. I'm told simple surgery can take up to a year to schedule.
                              The Russian "Mafia" so to speak is very much alive and well in the U.S. Of A
                              They're more violent than any criminal group that we've ever known and more violent than the drug cartels
                              I had a very high ranking LEO tell me that they stem from KGB and the like

I have a Russian ex "Airborne" friend
                              The Russian Airborne is our Special Forces and they're more violent than anything we're used to and have no rules
                              These guys come from supressing opposing forces and views and are extremely proficient at their jobs
                              They dont arrest and try their people like we do if they're doing something that we see as illegal

These are for a large part what your seeing and they are real bad folks

Comment

Working...
                              X