Economy------.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by NO WAKE View Post
    We've noticed a slow down in our shop. I'm a Service Manager at a Class 8 trailer dealership. Poultry industry is big in our area (Delaware, Maryland, Virginia) and all of the big players here have been hurt by the tariffs. Their exports have fallen way off. One company laid off 140 people from their corporate headquarters here locally.

    We perform repairs on their trailers. Money has gotten tight for them so they have cut way back on repairs being sent out. Or they choose to perform patch jobs instead of proper factory type repairs to their trailers. We're still having a good year but not as good as last year.
    I haul a ton of grain and soy beans for purdue. The import export has been a nightmare for us lately. The swing in volume has been drastic and they expect us to ship ar max volume and then to sit around and wait till volume picks up. We have a new contract coming up in July and we are not working for Purdue anymore.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Adam9066 View Post
      I haul a ton of grain and soy beans for purdue. The import export has been a nightmare for us lately. The swing in volume has been drastic and they expect us to ship ar max volume and then to sit around and wait till volume picks up. We have a new contract coming up in July and we are not working for Purdue anymore.
      I don't blame you! You have to look out for yourself! Perdue is the company that had the layoff. Where are you located?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by NO WAKE View Post

        I don't blame you! You have to look out for yourself! Perdue is the company that had the layoff. Where are you located?
        Chesapeake, virginia. What gets me is they demand for us to be there when they want us. But when we have no work the trucks sit in the yard. The grain production used to be steady but as of lately it's all over the place. The equipment at the plant is old and breaks down alot or they divert grain from the plant to load ships so they cut our loads suddenly with little notice leaving us no chance to find new work.

        I need a minimum of 100 runs a week. Next week we have 45 runs.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by hi_c View Post
          Hard to say what the govt is going to do regarding Social Security, pensions, and other promissory payments to citizens. Govt run healthcare still hasn't settled and we've been dealing with Obamacare for 4 years now. My advice is not count on govt provided income. Invest and save as though they are no help. And if you do get a check, smile and fill the boat with gas.
          Well I’m (we’re) dang sure planning on getting SS monthly—some day
          Figure between us should be in $4k range, and that is what I’ve budgeted for private healthcare, dental, medical procedures, doctor visits, meds, etc.
          ’19 Invincible 36 - 350 Verado’s Sold
          ’20 Invincible 35’ Cat, Quad Verado’s on order
          Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Adam9066 View Post

            Chesapeake, virginia. What gets me is they demand for us to be there when they want us. But when we have no work the trucks sit in the yard. The grain production used to be steady but as of lately it's all over the place. The equipment at the plant is old and breaks down alot or they divert grain from the plant to load ships so they cut our loads suddenly with little notice leaving us no chance to find new work.

            I need a minimum of 100 runs a week. Next week we have 45 runs.
            You aren't alone in the lack of loads department! All of the local haulers are dealing with the same problem. We're a Utility and a Wilson dealer so I talk to the grain haulers all the time. It's been tough for them. Let me know if you ever need anything if you have equipment problems up on Delmarva. Work #302-337-7400, Mobile #302-381-8494. Would be glad to help if I can.

            Curtis
            Last edited by NO WAKE; 05-10-2019, 09:54 AM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by NO WAKE View Post

              You aren't alone in the lack of loads department! All of the local haulers are dealing with the same problem. We're a Utility and a Wilson dealer so I talk to the grain haulers all the time. It's been tough for them. Let me know if you ever need anything if you have equipment problems up on Delmarva. Work #302-337-7400, Mobile #302-381-8494. Would be glad to help if I can.
              I'm gonna keep your number I need a refer unit soon. I just have to put my 2013 sleeper back together a car t-boned it in the fuel tank and bent the frame. In putting new frame rails in when I get back from florida.

              Comment


              • Office Depot.
                Engine Sales and Service
                Ph +1 954.463.1515
                Fx +1
                954.463.4904
                Toll Free: 800.622.6747

                [email protected]
                www.parkeryacht.com

                Member of the MSHS Group

                Comment


                • Chewy.com
                  What am I missing? Sales up over 1b and still looses 267mm?
                  https://www.thestreet.com/markets/ch...llion-14991747
                  Engine Sales and Service
                  Ph +1 954.463.1515
                  Fx +1
                  954.463.4904
                  Toll Free: 800.622.6747

                  [email protected]
                  www.parkeryacht.com

                  Member of the MSHS Group

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
                    Chewy.com
                    What am I missing? Sales up over 1b and still looses 267mm?
                    https://www.thestreet.com/markets/ch...llion-14991747
                    Sometimes you have to dive deeper into financials of a company to discover real health, or lack thereof.
                    As you know, fancy accounting, loopholes and net loss are way different than actual cash flow.......think Sean
                    Could probably dig around and find an income stmt & balance sheet as that’ll tell you whole story.
                    However, when selling a company or having an IPO offering you’d think a net profit would be in order.
                    I’ll drop something into mail for you to peruse I just received from Boca Group that flipped us from ‘07-‘011
                    ’19 Invincible 36 - 350 Verado’s Sold
                    ’20 Invincible 35’ Cat, Quad Verado’s on order
                    Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Tiretyme View Post

                      Sometimes you have to dive deeper into financials of a company to discover real health, or lack thereof.
                      As you know, fancy accounting, loopholes and net loss are way different than actual cash flow.......think Sean
                      Could probably dig around and find an income stmt & balance sheet as that’ll tell you whole story.
                      However, when selling a company or having an IPO offering you’d think a net profit would be in order.
                      I’ll drop something into mail for you to peruse I just received from Boca Group that flipped us from ‘07-‘011
                      Tease.
                      All that financial talk, .
                      carry on, I'm just having my usual fun!
                      BWP

                      Comment


                      • What say ye?
                        We close?
                        Engine Sales and Service
                        Ph +1 954.463.1515
                        Fx +1
                        954.463.4904
                        Toll Free: 800.622.6747

                        [email protected]
                        www.parkeryacht.com

                        Member of the MSHS Group

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
                          What say ye?
                          We close?
                          Yes, and I'll be working for years to come, albeit at a slower pace, I'll never stop, they'res to many public.and private pension funds that I involuntarily must fund against my will!

                          WWW.PENSIONTSUMANI.COM

                          BWP

                          Comment


                          • www.pensiontsunami.com

                            BOHICA!
                            BWP

                            Comment


                            • Idk? This go around, other than inflation, what’s driving it down?
                              Are we nearing the end of a pent-up demand?
                              I read where there’s some consumer debt but jobs still seem steady.
                              Honestly, I’ve been so busy in my little world, plus a bunch of tunnel vision, that I haven't held on as close as usual
                              Last edited by Tiretyme; 08-15-2019, 10:51 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
                              ’19 Invincible 36 - 350 Verado’s Sold
                              ’20 Invincible 35’ Cat, Quad Verado’s on order
                              Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

                              Comment


                              • For me and other tile contractors we are slammed with work. I go from one giant house to the next giant house.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X