Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little venting after a shitty week

All in all not a nice week
    I've been chainsawing, no power for a week and a little grumpy because my brain hurts and my fat hurts
    Happy to have a generator but it sounds like I have a Harley running on the prorch

I dont like Bank Of America but a lotta years and I guess we're joined at the hip
    Too much trouble to change
    But ya know with the branchs closed in Sarasota all week and cant get any $$$ from the ATM it's understandable but another annoyance with a bad week

BUT-BUT-BUT...........................................
    The recording that sounds like a junior highschool cheerleader that says "We're in their "Thoughts"?!?!
    Explain to me what missy means by "We're in their thoughts"?
    Not in their prayers because that would be politically incorrect, I guess?
    So, no "Prayers" but what we have is "Thoughts"

I dont much give a shit about their "Thoughts"
    It would be better said to say nothing than the "Thoughts" bullshit

Missy, say "Prayers" and it might mean something

Ok, I'm an old guy
    My fat hurts
    Been a real shitty week
    No power for a week and none in sight right now
    So, maybe I'm a little grumpy

But come on BOA
    Grow some gonads
    It's really ok with the majority of Americans for you to say "Prayers"

Yeah, you know you're alive, you're sweating and hurting, sounds about right! Good to hear from you Commodore..
    BWP

Comment

I agree.
      All in all we have alot to grateful for, however-----
      People-------.
      Engine Sales and Service
      Ph +1 954.463.1515
      Fx +1
      Toll Free: 800.622.6747

oparker@parkeryacht.com
      www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Jimmy Johnsons tough week.
        "The dock is listing. The water main is broke. The big tiki hut sits on the ground, its thick poles shattered.

“That’s where we’d sit and talk about all the fish we caught,” Jimmy Johnson says.

The pool has six feet of sand in it. A car has sand up to its fender. And that shovel by the front door?

“Had to dig out the sand to get in the house,” he says.

The former Dolphins and University of Miami football coach looks around Thursday morning at his slice of paradise, six wooded acres in Tavernier that dead-end into the Atlantic Ocean. And he sees Hurricane Irma everywhere.

The saltwater pond? It’s destroyed, a moray eel floating dead in it. The ice machine that sat on the docks? It’s 200 yards away on the driveway."
        Engine Sales and Service
        Ph +1 954.463.1515
        Fx +1

oparker@parkeryacht.com
        www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Well, Just venting

On a lighter note got back to Daytona in the wee hours this morning
          Tired and not alert
          So, missed my turn to me street and pulled into a an area to turn around
          An oncomming car had his turn signal on so I thought he was turning in so I pulled out
          BAD
          I pulled out right in front of the guy
          Stupid move and my fault but no accident
          How-Ev-R.........................................
          When he turned his blue lights on I did apologize
          Nice cop
          Young guy with a sense of humor but would have sure topped off the week getting into an accident in the wrong with a cop

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
            Jimmy Johnsons tough week.
            "The dock is listing. The water main is broke. The big tiki hut sits on the ground, its thick poles shattered.

“That’s where we’d sit and talk about all the fish we caught,” Jimmy Johnson says.

The pool has six feet of sand in it. A car has sand up to its fender. And that shovel by the front door?

“Had to dig out the sand to get in the house,” he says.

The former Dolphins and University of Miami football coach looks around Thursday morning at his slice of paradise, six wooded acres in Tavernier that dead-end into the Atlantic Ocean. And he sees Hurricane Irma everywhere.

The saltwater pond? It’s destroyed, a moray eel floating dead in it. The ice machine that sat on the docks? It’s 200 yards away on the driveway."
            I've met him
            Hung out with him just a little
            Very nice guy
            What a shame

Comment

Sorry to hear about your week; but glad to hear you're ok--I can tell because you're complaining about stuff that I complain about too when forced to get physical. As to prayers; many folks have prayed for all of you down there and Texas and Montana and continue to do so. To hell with BOA and others that fell like they must be politically correct instead of human---even the term politcally correct irritates the crap out of me just to hear it repeated time after time.

Comment

Mike,
                Here's another twist from West Marine in an email I received:
                "Our thoughts and 'hearts' are with those affected"

Are prayers no longer worthy of mentioning?
                Has society really become that sensitive? Or actually that insensitive?

I do remember after 9/11 church doors around our country opened to all, and people actually went to pray.
                What the heck has happened???
                '12 Blackwood - 300 Verado's
                '17 Nor-Tech 340 - sold
                '18 Fountain 38 - 350 Verado's

Comment

It started a long time ago with "Happy Holidays".
                  Just because I believe it was Christmas, should that stop me from saying "Merry Christmas" so as not to offend you?
                  Is that any different than saying;

"Hello,
                  Здравствуйте
                  Hola
                  Bonjour
                  Engine Sales and Service
                  Ph +1 954.463.1515
                  Fx +1

oparker@parkeryacht.com
                  www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

I think the U.S. Of A has gone thru changes that I'm not real crazy about
                    We're no longer a Norman Rockwell painting nor are we Ronald Regan's America
                    It's now Ok not to stand for the National Anthem
                    Prayers in schools are not allowed
                    We cant even mention "prayers" it seems

It takes the appearance to me of the tail wagging the dog
                    The minority of beliefs seem to control the majority

The BOA recording offends me
                    I listen to it every morning because I do some stuff on the phone vs computer
                    Every morning when I hear this little voice saying that the effected areas are in their "thoughts" it offends me
                    I dont give a shit if I'm in their "thoughts" and I have no idea what their "thoughts" are supposed to mean?
                    I have "thoughts" about people and things I dont like

Comment

Mike,
                      You might want to realize that America is based on the concept that the majority cannot force their beliefs upon the minority. America is based on the basic principal that all men are endowed with inalienable rights and no one can limit those rights unless allowed to do so by law. the constitution doesn't give us rights, it limits government's ability to infringe on those rights. We are each free to chose what does and doesnt offend us and free to shop elsewhere if a business has different standards or beliefs. Chik fila doesnt open on Sunday. They give up huge revenue with that stand, but that's what they believe and they stand by those beliefs. Publix used to do the same. Should I not buy a sandwich from Chik fila because I'm an atheist? No. doesnt bother me a bit what they believe.

I know there is a lot of news going on now about white supremecy, nationalism, populism and a loss of old fashion values. But how does that really affect you. You can still do whatever you want. Who cares if gays want to kiss in public, get married and adopt kids or someone wants to cut off their junk and change their sex and use a different bathroom. Just because its not what you would do doesn't make it wrong or right, it just is. And that's the beauty and the curse of America. So long as you are not harming others, you can say and do whatever tickles your fancy. Its taken 2 centuries to get close to that founding ideal, and we are not there yet, but that's what we signed up for. And that's why people keep coming here.

There's plenty of things that I think are odd, not right, weird, annoying, bad or whatever. But so what. no one promised me a life without conflict or annoyance. I'm sure I annoy plenty of people, But they're stupid so who cares.

Comment

Well written and is why I take a very dim view of those who threaten our rights or guilty of treason to furthur themselves politically of financially.

Thus, I hope that Mr Manafort spends the next twenty years of his life in a romantic relationship at Lewisburg along with his co conspiritors

That's not political it's a hatred for those that would think they can jeprodize what we hold dear

Comment

Originally posted by Kemper
                          So long as you are not harming others, you can say and do whatever tickles your fancy. - manitunc

The problem is that no matter what you do or say someone is claiming they are being harmed.
                          As long as you aren't subject to arrest, who cares what someone claims. You have a right to be offended. You don't have a right to have the government fix your offense.

Comment

Then that is a failure of government, not of the constitution or the people, other than those who voted those toads in. Point is, in this country, you are free to be offended, or not. Your choice. And to be offensive or not. I dont have to make a private sale to someone who's lifestyle I dont agree with, or rent my house to, or live with or anything else. Its only when you want to discriminate as a business that the law steps in, otherwise you are legally entitled to be as bigoted as you want, or be a snowflake, or whatever. Dont want to call it Christmas, fine, but can't stop me from calling it that.

That freedom is not always available elsewhere.

Comment

This thread is getting "off course".
                              Someone fix the autopilot.

Comment

Working...
                              X